PDA

View Full Version : LE Trade in Glocks

Jpoe88
04-18-16, 20:02
Where is the best place to grab a Glock 19 in Stock right now that's a LE trade in? Don't care if it's 1 10round mag. Looking for best price.

I may not be the only one to benefit. If you don't want to share your honey hole for the world, please send me a pm.

tb-av
04-18-16, 20:11
Not in your neck of the woods but I believe Green top Sporting Goods just got some in. Virginia.

http://www.greentophuntfish.com/hunting/used-guns-8/used-handguns/type/police-trade-in/show/all.html

ETA: Sorry, I just realized they are in store only.

TexasAggie2005
04-18-16, 20:19
I bought one from aimsurplus.com a few years ago. Not sure if they have any now.

Jpoe88
04-18-16, 20:31
I have been digging hard. My earlier deal fell thru and I've got $500 for a pistol, I could add a little more, but if you're buying a used one, I might as well pony up the other 50, but I'd like to find a 399 LE trade in. I am sure I will be notified by one of the 30 sites I visited in the next few days. I'm just impatient.

RHINOWSO
04-18-16, 21:34
They ebb and flow, you have to be patient and ready to strike when they are in stock. Aim had a bunch late last year and they went quick. Glock 19s are especially hard to find on the trade in market. JG Sales has some 22s and 23s right now, but no 9MM models.

Jpoe88
04-18-16, 22:02
They ebb and flow, you have to be patient and ready to strike when they are in stock. Aim had a bunch late last year and they went quick. Glock 19s are especially hard to find on the trade in market. JG Sales has some 22s and 23s right now, but no 9MM models.

40 Cal can be had rock bottom just over 300 right now.. maybe I should call a big player and get my name on a list or prepay or something

Arik
04-18-16, 22:14
I buy all my police handguns from a local store who's other side of the business is buying and selling to and from LE agencies all over the US.

Look up Phoenix Distributors on Gunbroker. Unfortunately gunbroker will depend on who's bidding and how bad they want it. In store it's a set price.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cd228
04-19-16, 06:00
I've purchased old police guns from summit before. I put a link below, but the pistol has already sold. You might be able to e-mail tham and find out if they are getting any more in.

http://summitgunbroker.com/g19-mpdc.html

Jpoe88
04-19-16, 07:03
I think I am just gonna come off the hip.

brickboy240
04-19-16, 10:28
I bought two from Summit, many years ago.

Both 2nd generation Glocks - a G22 and a G17. Both have tons of carry wear but the internals were like new. Both are very reliable and the G22 goes with me everywhere.

If you can deal with the 40 caliber, there are great deals on Glock 22s both 2nd and 3rd gen guns. Spare mags can be had for the G22 very cheap. I buy them used from CDNN for 9.95 apiece and they have all ran 100%.

Many people have the 40 caliber but for 300 bucks you can get a G22 and some 10 dollar OEM mags and you have a quality piece for not much dough.

Jpoe88
04-19-16, 10:44
I bought two from Summit, many years ago.

Both 2nd generation Glocks - a G22 and a G17. Both have tons of carry wear but the internals were like new. Both are very reliable and the G22 goes with me everywhere.

If you can deal with the 40 caliber, there are great deals on Glock 22s both 2nd and 3rd gen guns. Spare mags can be had for the G22 very cheap. I buy them used from CDNN for 9.95 apiece and they have all ran 100%.

Many people have the 40 caliber but for 300 bucks you can get a G22 and some 10 dollar OEM mags and you have a quality piece for not much dough.

I like .40, and the g27 I had was great. IDK why I am not looking into another, and even saying that, I still want a g19.

brickboy240
04-19-16, 11:19
My thought was....what would I buy for 300 bucks that would be of this quality and reliability? Nothing, really.

Throw in the fact that the G22 fits any G17 holster and the 9.95 a pop mags from CDNN and yeah...I will put up with the 40SW caliber! LOL

One good thing is that when the "ammo panics" come after an election or school shooting...I always found 40SW ammo when 9 and 45 fodder was nowhere to be found.

If you ask me, the 40SW does have a few things going for it.

Jpoe88
04-19-16, 11:31
My thought was....what would I buy for 300 bucks that would be of this quality and reliability? Nothing, really.

Throw in the fact that the G22 fits any G17 holster and the 9.95 a pop mags from CDNN and yeah...I will put up with the 40SW caliber! LOL

One good thing is that when the "ammo panics" come after an election or school shooting...I always found 40SW ammo when 9 and 45 fodder was nowhere to be found.

If you ask me, the 40SW does have a few things going for it.

Quit convincing me. Serious note, walmart always has a selection of 40.

whatthepuck
04-19-16, 12:15
I just picked up a like new (on sale) gen 4 g23 from sportsmans outdoor superstore for $349 shipped. I'm not the biggest .40 fan, but I don't have the unfounded hate for either that some internet commandos do. For $349 and it being a gen 4, which I greatly prefer, I figured I couldn't lose. It's got some holster wear, but nothing too bad. The internals are great, and it's got the older, more durable "frying pan" finish. I'll pick up a few boxes of .40 sometime soon to test it out.

Jpoe88
04-19-16, 12:48
I just picked up a like new (on sale) gen 4 g23 from sportsmans outdoor superstore for $349 shipped. I'm not the biggest .40 fan, but I don't have the unfounded hate for either that some internet commandos do. For $349 and it being a gen 4, which I greatly prefer, I figured I couldn't lose. It's got some holster wear, but nothing too bad. The internals are great, and it's got the older, more durable "frying pan" finish. I'll pick up a few boxes of .40 sometime soon to test it out.

They have gen 3 22 right now at 319.99 and I may do that, grab a few mags, and a tlr-1 and call it a day. I figure if I get an ugly one then itll look as good as some guys who have theirs "relic'd" on purpose!

Even at 379.99/free shipping and 25 for a g23 trade in, that's a good price.

whatthepuck
04-19-16, 13:43
Recoil Gunworks is another place that gets glock trade ins from time to time. Just last week they had gen 3 19s for $419. That's a bit much for my taste in a used Glock that comes with just 1 mag. As others have said AIM Surplus also get trade in 19s from time to time for excellent $$$, but they tend to go really fast. If you're really wanting a 19, sign up for some in stock notifications at Sportsmans, AIM, etc, and check your email often.

Jpoe88
04-19-16, 16:01
You guys... Youre killing me! Side note, how reliable is the 9mm conv in the g23? Range fun or edc reliable?

DirectTo
04-19-16, 16:30
You guys... Youre killing me! Side note, how reliable is the 9mm conv in the g23? Range fun or edc reliable?
I've got a 9mm conversion for a 22 and while it's been 100% reliable, I'd never consider it anything but a range toy and certainly not a home or self defense gun.

austinN4
04-19-16, 16:34
Bud's had LE trade-ins fairly often, as does GT Distributors.

KalashniKEV
04-19-16, 16:37

I have thousands of rounds through my LWD 9mm threaded conversion and it hasn't choked on me once.

Not one-single-time.

Funny enough it ejects great too and one of my 19's is BTF all day.

Dionysusigma
04-19-16, 17:00
I've purchased old police guns from summit before. I put a link below, but the pistol has already sold.

http://summitgunbroker.com/g19-mpdc.html

Unrelated: Why leave an active link to a listing on a site if it's sold and no more are expected? :confused: A lot of places do this, and I can't make sense of it.

KalashniKEV
04-19-16, 17:06
Unrelated: Why leave an active link to a listing on a site if it's sold and no more are expected? :confused: A lot of places do this, and I can't make sense of it.

In case he gets more?

King's in TN has been slowly releasing a steady stream of MPDC Glocks too.

Dionysusigma
04-19-16, 21:35
Browsing through the specifically used inventory (2/3 of the rifles, all of the handguns). I don't know if it's supposed to be a museum of guns they've had and laziness has kept the site from being updated, or if it's some kind of record/museum/collection sort of thing. Either way, it's annoying from the customer's point of view - I'm there to buy, not wade through their FFL history.

Jpoe88
04-19-16, 22:05
Hey guys, I settled up tonight on a plain Jane gen 3 19 new. I figure for the price difference I could grab 2 pmags.

brickboy240
04-20-16, 11:04
Summit gets their inventory re-stocked quite often. He gets in small batches of police trades and they usually go fast. Prices are great for what you get but yeah...you have to check back often and be quick on the faster moving stuff.

I have two police trade Glocks, a police trade P228 SIG and a police trade 870 Police Magnum that I bought from Summit and all run like the devil. the 870 was a total steal at 275 bucks. It looks terrible but runs perfect - a great truck gun for a fraction of what they go for new.

Remember that all police trades are a come and go part of the business. Many are also a steal of a deal, from my experiences so far.

Jpoe88
04-20-16, 12:42
Summit gets their inventory re-stocked quite often. He gets in small batches of police trades and they usually go fast. Prices are great for what you get but yeah...you have to check back often and be quick on the faster moving stuff.

I have two police trade Glocks, a police trade P228 SIG and a police trade 870 Police Magnum that I bought from Summit and all run like the devil. the 870 was a total steal at 275 bucks. It looks terrible but runs perfect - a great truck gun for a fraction of what they go for new.

Remember that all police trades are a come and go part of the business. Many are also a steal of a deal, from my experiences so far.

I am not ruling one out. I'll be putting aside and waiting patiently. Just needed a hand gun in general.

whatthepuck
04-20-16, 12:54
Maybe bad timing for OP since he's already bought a g19, but decent price here just becoming available today:

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/168823/19gen3f/glock-19-9mm-police-trades-(gen3)-fair

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/168825/19gen3vg/glock-19-9mm-police-trades-(gen3)-very-good

Jpoe88
04-20-16, 14:11
Maybe bad timing for OP since he's already bought a g19, but decent price here just becoming available today:

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/168823/19gen3f/glock-19-9mm-police-trades-(gen3)-fair

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/168825/19gen3vg/glock-19-9mm-police-trades-(gen3)-very-good

we'll see. we will see. let them be there Friday. I'll take this new one back in a heartbeat and lose 25 for restocking and save 150.

signal4l
04-20-16, 15:01
Buy a .40 for cheap. Then purchase a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel.

A friend of mine did this years ago and has several thousand rounds through the barrel w/o any problems.

Jpoe88
04-20-16, 15:35
Taking the new one back this evening. Losing 25 bucks. Purchased the fair trade in gen 3 with 2 mags. By the time it's here and transferred and the 25 dollar loss, I am at 409. New one is 568. I win.

ramairthree
04-20-16, 17:00
With the recent exception of 40s, I have not found the LE trade ins to save that much money.

But I like 2nd gens and taht is where I find them.

Jpoe88
04-20-16, 17:06
With the recent exception of 40s, I have not found the LE trade ins to save that much money.

Really depends on what condition is acceptable?

brickboy240
04-21-16, 10:17
All the police trades I have bought looked terrible on the outside, but their internals were almost pristine.

The 870 Police Magnum had loads of scratches and finish wear but inside, it looked new, after some cleaning of old dirt and grit.

My SIG P228 also had loads of holster wear and worn grips but the slide rails had almost no wear and everything inside looked nearly new.

If you are going to re-finish or don't care about a gun's finish...I think they are a steal. I got a totally functional 870 Police Magnum with magazine extension and rifle sights for 275 bucks. Where else could you get a pump shotty of that quality anywhere near that price.

JC5188
04-21-16, 11:21

What is it with the .40s? My local LGS, when they have them, will sell factory refurbs (G22) for $299. They are usually gone in hours.

DirectTo
04-21-16, 14:07
What is it with the .40s? My local LGS, when they have them, will sell factory refurbs (G22) for $299. They are usually gone in hours.
Supply and demand, with the FBI and many departments going to/back to 9mm, there are a lot of trade in 40s whereas places are hanging onto older 9mm guns (I saw a guy with a Gen 2 17 in his duty holster a couple of weeks ago).

Same with Sigs, there are a ton of 40 cal 226s and 229s out there right now.

Great deals available right now.

JC5188
04-21-16, 19:04
Supply and demand, with the FBI and many departments going to/back to 9mm, there are a lot of trade in 40s whereas places are hanging onto older 9mm guns (I saw a guy with a Gen 2 17 in his duty holster a couple of weeks ago).

Same with Sigs, there are a ton of 40 cal 226s and 229s out there right now.

Great deals available right now.

Great deals to be had, no doubt.

Jpoe88
04-21-16, 21:59
I'll post pics when it arrives. Don't really care about the appearance, just performance. I did pick up 2 pmags for it tho.

tacticaldesire
04-22-16, 01:51

Agreed. I find Blue label pricing to be comparable to LE Trade ins a lot of the time in any caliber other then .40. And with Blue Label I get a brand new gun.

brickboy240
04-22-16, 10:15
Yeah, but can us "average Joes" get blue label pricing?

I have often heard of this "blue label" thing but I admit...I know nothing about it. I am guessing it is only law enforcement and military that get the deals...right?

Jpoe88
04-22-16, 10:35

I have often heard of this "blue label" thing but I admit...I know nothing about it. I am guessing it is only law enforcement and military that get the deals...right?

I believe there's some paperwork you can do and pay like 60/mo. for blue label pricing, but that's really only beneficial IMHO if you're buying like 5 a month. I got good enough of a deal, that I am not sweating a new blue label priced G19. I will probably give it a once over and run the hell out of it and not car if it gets a little banged up on the way.

officerX
04-22-16, 11:38
Came directly from a police officer, price is negotiable.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?182920-Gen-3-Glock-22-*TRADES-ADDED*

DirectTo
04-22-16, 13:14

You can join the GSSF and get one blue label gun per year. Blue label guns include an extra mag if they're Gen 3s, but are otherwise identical aside from packaging.

Blue label price is quite a bit better than street price, but since you're usually buying blue label local and thus paying tax, you can sometimes come close buying a "regular" Glock online if your shipping and FFL are reasonable.

tacticaldesire
04-22-16, 17:55
I believe there's some paperwork you can do and pay like 60/mo. for blue label pricing, but that's really only beneficial IMHO if you're buying like 5 a month. I got good enough of a deal, that I am not sweating a new blue label priced G19. I will probably give it a once over and run the hell out of it and not car if it gets a little banged up on the way.

No. That is not how it works at all. You go to a qualified glock dealer with your LE, MIL, Corrections, FIRE/EMS, Security etc. credentials and that is basically it. And you're only allowed two purchases a year through blue label so I'm not sure where you are getting any of that from. You can find more info here. Perhaps you are thinking about GSSF.

https://us.glock.com/bluelabel

Firefly
04-22-16, 19:58
Yeah, as someone who has bought a few Blue Label guns over the years they ARE pretty strict.

It's worth it to be in GSSF if you don't otherwise qualify, especially because you can win stuff at Glock matches real easy.

The point of Blue Label was that Popoing, soldiering, ambulance driving, etc doesn't pay all that much. So if you needed a quality BUG or had to personal purchase a duty weapon, you could do so reasonably.

When I was a younger guy....Gen 3 Smiths were in their twilight, M&Ps were still a ways out, and their BUG offerings like the 447 and such were expensive.
Same with Sigs.

But a Glock 30 at blue label price was a good thing to have.

But 2 is the limit for military and police. 1 for GSSF a year. You can't just buy blue label glocks everyday.

It's a good program that at the time, most companies IIRC didn't do.

A buncha young guys piling up in a van all oohrah going to Smyrna Police Supply was a rite of passage. At that time a lot, as I recall, people didn't want to go through the hassle. Just like a lit of guys wouldn't sell Colt ARs. Because it was/is cool to hate on Colt. I had to go through three FFLs before I found one who didn't care to do the transfer for my 6920. The ban was still on and some gunshops were uppity that I was getting a non-neutered Colt M4 essentially with restricted markings and they had walls lined with neutered ARs.

Still have it. Won't part with it. It's gone through some makeovers over the years but it's mine (it'll likely get the URX 4 treatment at some point)

Kind of a ramble but it felt good having a Glock and a Colt in some rangy hoods instead of a 30 year old 870 and a worn out Smith Auto as your only lifeline that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to afford/get.

HeruMew
04-22-16, 20:09

You sir, have made my day.

Sounds like it benefited to OP as well.

Thanks for posting that shop. I was having a hard time finding any LE trade ins otherwise. I dont mind refinishing or replacing some parts that i normally would anyways on another glock purchase.

My lady is gunna kill me when a 19 comes back in stock.

ETA: Or she may tonight if i go with a 23 and buy a glock barrel from lone wolf... ;)

DaBigBR
04-23-16, 19:26
I'm no .40 fan, but bulk ammunition right now can be had for $225-$240/k with a little looking. Not terrible at all.

officerX
04-23-16, 20:34
Came directly from a police officer, price is negotiable.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?182920-Gen-3-Glock-22-*TRADES-ADDED*

Bump.

I sure everyone knows this by now, but www.freedommunitions.com is a good place to buy reman ammo.