PDA

View Full Version : Lipsey G19 Full FDE

Jpoe88
04-19-16, 10:17
How "durable" is the cerakote on the Lipsey FDE's? Decided to just pony up and get what I want, but I don't want this thing if its gonna look like crap after being pulled out of a holster a dozen times.. How well does it clean up around the muzzle? A lot of things to consider. My LGS has them in stock, and I don't have a chance till Friday to go snag one, so I am looking for a little input on the finish. If its crap, I'll save myself some cash and just get a plain jane, but if not, I'll go for what I want.

Flankenstein
04-19-16, 17:10
The cerakote holds up well but is far from wear proof. Not to sound like a dick, but if you don't want it to wear don't holster it.

Just the way it is.

Jpoe88
04-19-16, 17:41
The cerakote holds up well but is far from wear proof. Not to sound like a dick, but if you don't want it to wear don't holster it.

Just the way it is.

I appreciate the bluntness. I like the look of them. Just wasn't sure how wear proof they are. I want a new FDE 19, but looks like the only way to do that is the full fde

Flankenstein
04-19-16, 17:46
I appreciate the bluntness. I like the look of them. Just wasn't sure how wear proof they are. I want a new FDE 19, but looks like the only way to do that is the full fde

I have a 19, 17, and 20 all full FDE. Since I have a number of 19s and 17s... Those don't get carried. The 20 I hike with and is holding up well. No real wear to speak of but I know its coming. What I can tell you for certain is the cerakote will hold up better than the current OEM Glock finish.

Chrisreedrules
04-19-16, 19:14
Who cares if the cerakote wears a bit over time? It gives a firearm character and makes it cooler. Glocks in any flavor weren't meant to be safe queens.

jck397
04-19-16, 20:54
Chicks dig holster wear...

I have an FDE 19 , and the wear isn't any greater than I've seen in other Glocks. It might even be a little less. Carry with confidence.

Jpoe88
04-19-16, 22:03
Made my choice tonight. Gen 3 19 brand new. Chose it over a gen 4 bc I didn't feel the need for backstraps. Felt fine to me and for the difference in price I'll snag a few pmag and not worry about it. Their full fde was gen 3 anyhow and I couldn't break the wallet to pay more for a gen 3 than gen 4 are going for.