PDA

View Full Version : Keymod Rail: which one?

DireStraits
04-21-16, 10:33
I just mounted a DD Omega X 12.0 FSP on my 6920 and after comparing it to the BCM KMR on my BCM4, I much prefer the BCM rail, so.......as far as Keymod rails go; is there anything out there that would be more desirable than a BCM KMR Alpha rail?

Also, is there a KMR out there that will accommodate a fixed FSP on a 6920? If not, I'll ditch the FSP and mount one on the rail.

boombotz401
04-21-16, 10:51
When I run a keymod is only a KMR, excellent lockup system and takes a serious beating.

Picking up a Kmr is like a bag of air it weighs nothing.

On a 6920 with a carbine gas system if you want to keep the FSB you'll need a 7" Kmr, any longer will go past the gas port and need a lo pro gas block

I'm finishing up a build with a 13.7 barrel 13" Kmr.. Make sure you get a small gas block if you do, I was going to go with a Geissele but i hear mixed theory's that it may hit the rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP3R 237
04-21-16, 11:03
KMR is fantastic, SLR makes some excellent hand guards as well which might be a little tougher.

Defaultmp3
04-21-16, 12:00
If you don't need the 45° mounting slots, consider the Daniel Defense SLiM rails or the Centurion Arms CMR KeyMod; if you look hard enough, you might be able to find a Geissele MK5. Otherwise, there is also the KAC URX 4 KeyMod and the Mega Arms Wedge Lock, both of which will probably be more robust than the KMR, though at added weight. The Wedge Lock in particular is probably the toughest rail out there, given that it's made of 7075 and has a pretty monster barrel nut.

556BlackRifle
04-21-16, 14:34
Hard to go wrong with the KMR however, I'm very fond of my NSRs. They are a bit more expensive but IMO they are a rock solid platform.

wildcard600
04-21-16, 20:27
I'm really liking my KMR so far. Durability remains to be seen but based on the tests and reports i've seen thus far I'm not particualrly worried about it.

JohnnyRambo
05-05-16, 22:34
A DD Lite rail in KM would be super strong too.

Geissele MK Rails are nice also.

Bear1
05-06-16, 06:56
Love my Noveske NSR

themonk
05-06-16, 07:06
NSR, DD, KMR, URX 4

henschman
05-06-16, 08:25
I have several KMR-As and see no reason to use anything else. Strong, very solid mounting system, light weight, includes a KM sling mount and a rail section, and the price is right. They unfortunately don't make FSB cutout models, and I'm not aware of any other manufacturers who do in Keymod either... but I've seen where people have taken free float handguards and made their own, by getting say a 10" and dremeling a notch in the top for their carbine length gas FSP. Comes out really nice if you do it right and paint it after.

Zirk208
05-06-16, 10:26
I just mounted a DD Omega X 12.0 FSP on my 6920 and after comparing it to the BCM KMR on my BCM4, I much prefer the BCM rail, so.......as far as Keymod rails go; is there anything out there that would be more desirable than a BCM KMR Alpha rail?

Also, is there a KMR out there that will accommodate a fixed FSP on a 6920? If not, I'll ditch the FSP and mount one on the rail.

If you look through Stickman's photos on Flickr or on the Bravo section over on TOS, you will see a KMR that was "modded" to work with a FSB. I believe it was a highly technical process of measuring twice, and dremmeling out a notch for the FSB. Re-assembly may be a bit tricky though as you have to drive in the FSB pins through the gaps in the KMR tube.

nml
05-06-16, 11:22
Just shave the gas block no big deal.