PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your SPR setup

Fatorangecat
04-21-16, 13:23
I have a nice SPRish AR that I have mostly shot from the bench. I would like to have a functional setup for playing in the field or even taking a tactical precision class. In the past I have shot bolt guns and setup an Eberlestock with everything I wanted. That doesn't seem the best for an AR. I started with a belt with a couple 20rd mags and G17 mags but it interfered with a back pack.

As of now I have a TT mav, on the left I have a 20rd, 2-30rd, G17 mag in HSGI pouches with 3 additional 30rd mags and a Nalgene in TT closed top pouches. On the right is a 20rd, G17 mag and IFAK in HSGI pouches with 3 additional 30rd mags and a Nalgene in closed top TT pouches. This setup kind of works with a backpack without a waist strap. I want to be able to carry a range finder, shooting mat, sunscreen, etc. How do you guys carry your gear or how would you gear up for a tactical precision course?

Turnkey11
04-24-16, 19:20
I've humped to some remote dog towns in western SD that are inaccessible by motor vehicles, I took my RAID pack with 12 or so 30 rounders and a bunch of water bottles and sunblock. Rifle is a 20" SDM based off of the 3rd ID rifles, with a 2.5-10x44 IOR in a Larue mount. If you have to wear the ammo on your body, a front opening vest would probably be ideal depending on the requirements for the class you want to attend.