PDA

View Full Version : Haley Strategic Hats

mnoe82
04-22-16, 20:39
I know this is gonna seem silly but here goes anyway. Several years ago I bought a hat from Haley Strategic and it quickly became a favorite for everyday type wear. The model was the Troubleshooter Cap. I lent it to a buddy who then fell in love with the fit and quality of the hat.

It has since gone out of production and been replaced with a different model (Thinking Man's Cap) with different specifications and materials. I've been looking everywhere for a replacement for mine and a second one to give to my friend. All the retailers I could find online are out of stock with no more coming in (as they're no longer being made).

My example is so worn out that any tags that were once there are now gone. I'm wondering A: if anyone has a guess as to the manufacturer or if it's still in production anywhere else or B: has alone or more they'd be willing to sell?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

bad aim
04-22-16, 23:37
Kind of reminds me of the BAC hat from Arc'teryx, which is made by FlexFit. Perhaps FlexFit may have something you're looking for? I love all my hats from them.

mikelowrey
04-23-16, 02:09
@mnoe82
I guess this is your lucky day. I happen to buy one of those and it is my current everyday favorite hat. Pictures for your pleasure attached. I can sell you my used one for $500..... J/K! if I were to have several of them I would've sent it to you for free.

Hope the pictures help. I'm sure that company can create something similar.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160423/af071fe77c623f75ad43e7c852f7289f.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160423/5c44120c62791bf7c061c5d80f13995e.jpg

mnoe82
04-23-16, 07:11
Wow thank you so much!

NoveskeFan
04-23-16, 07:13
I recently put up a couple "Want To Buy" ads for an out of production BCM hat. I got lucky and was able to get two. Have you tried a WTB ad? Might luck out like I did.

Spiffums
04-23-16, 18:10
I feel your pain. I got one of the black BCM caps when I bought my upper a few years ago. I wore it out to the point that it's falling apart. Of course BCM has changed hat models now and I have yet to find another just like. So sending good Karma in your search.

jwfuhrman
04-23-16, 19:44
Ive got a ton of BCM hats from a New Dealer, Grand Re-Opening I did 6 months ago for my shop. I'll look thru them and see what I've got and anyone who wants one just needs to get me shipping costs (priority mail box)

mikelowrey
04-23-16, 20:28
Ive got a ton of BCM hats from a New Dealer, Grand Re-Opening I did 6 months ago for my shop. I'll look thru them and see what I've got and anyone who wants one just needs to get me shipping costs (priority mail box)

Ill take one if you dont mind. Pm on the way! :D

trinydex
04-28-16, 20:42
I feel your pain. I got one of the black BCM caps when I bought my upper a few years ago. I wore it out to the point that it's falling apart. Of course BCM has changed hat models now and I have yet to find another just like. So sending good Karma in your search.

bcm trucker hat was my go to until it discolored badly from sweat. real shame, it turned into this weird pink color that bled all over around the sweat band on the outboard side of the hat where everyone could see and assume my sweat was mutant caustic.

jwfuhrman
04-29-16, 12:16
Sorry guys. Haven't had a chance to look at what all I've got. School and work (full time medic on a 24/48 schedule) has had me running in circles.