PDA

View Full Version : By Crom! Arnold Returning for Conan The Conqueror

Boba Fett v2
04-22-16, 23:01
http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/05/king-conan-137150.jpg

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/28/arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-sequel-title-plot

Conan the Barbarian
Posted January 28 2016 — 8:54 AM EST

Arnold Schwarznegger may not be back soon as the Terminator, but the actor recently suggested that he’s close to returning to the big screen as Conan the Barbarian. According to TheArnoldFans.com, Schwarzenegger told fans at a special Q&A in the U.K. that there is a “serious drive” to make Conan the Conqueror. He also revealed some idea of what the plot will entail.

“I’m sitting on the throne for years and years — decades, and then all of the sudden, the time comes when they want to overthrow me,” Schwarzenegger reportedly said.

Schwarzenegger, 68, also wanted to assuage fans’ concerns that the actor’s age might not allow him to embody the character in the same way he did when he last played Conan over 30 years ago. “I did all the physical stuff [of my last few movies] and it didn’t wipe me out and I have plenty of energy and feel really terrific,” he said. “So I am absolutely convinced that I can do the Conan movie and do the horseback riding, the sword fights, and all the fighting.”

Moose-Knuckle
04-23-16, 00:23
Sweet . . .

Three new Alien movies and prequels, Blade Runner 2, more Terminators, damn i can relive my childhood!

Spiffums
04-23-16, 18:38
About damn time! I've been waiting for them to "finish" the story since he didn't run for re-election.

donlapalma
04-23-16, 18:46
Excellent. I'll definitely watch that one.

Firefly
04-23-16, 20:40
This I want more than terminator. Terminator was a closed case with T2.

John Milius desperately needs to direct/write.

The first movie was a masterpiece.

Conan the Destroyer was fun in a kitschy 80s way. It was like some 12 year old's D&D campaign. But it made Conan seem like he was stupid as opposed to merely laconic and stern.

That other Conan movie was high blasphemy.

But this, this could be epic.

Plumber237
04-25-16, 00:51
I just hope they finally give us a release date! IMDB has had the date for this listed as ??? for so long, I'm a huge Conan fan and hope that this gets made...and made well!

ColtSeavers
04-25-16, 01:47
I have such mixed feelings...

Failure2Stop
04-25-16, 10:00
http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/05/king-conan-137150.jpg

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/28/arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-sequel-title-plot

This makes me happy.

Ned Christiansen
04-25-16, 11:03
I learned how to read on the Conan series. Man it was great stuff and a gateway to a lot of other good reading.

One is tempted to ask, "At Arnold's age?"

But the books followed Conan's exploits well into his 50's and even beyond. I don't recall for sure but these were probably the follow-ons by DeCamp and Carter but I can see Arnold pulling it off.

This just "Mitra" not be too bad!

MountainRaven
04-25-16, 13:16
This I want more than terminator. Terminator was a closed case with T2.

John Milius desperately needs to direct/write.

The first movie was a masterpiece.

Conan the Destroyer was fun in a kitschy 80s way. It was like some 12 year old's D&D campaign. But it made Conan seem like he was stupid as opposed to merely laconic and stern.

That other Conan movie was high blasphemy.

But this, this could be epic.

I believe that Milius has been working on a movie about Genghis Khan, but it's been a while since I've heard anything about it.

Boba Fett v2
04-25-16, 13:17
As long as it's a solid story and falls along the same vein as the original, I'm all in. I read the some of the comics as a kid and have a collection of the novelizations in a bound hardcover. The original remains among my favorite films of all time. Never saw the re-boot. Just never had an interest in it. A bearded Arnold reprising his role would be awesome.

Firefly
04-25-16, 13:32
I walked out of the reboot.

The only other movie I've ever walked out of

Moose-Knuckle
04-26-16, 01:48
The reboot was cool in that we got see Conan's birth, a battlefield c-section preformed by his own father and mother.

But I can see where fans of the original wouldn't like it. I'll probably never own it and only rented it once.