PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint T1 or T2

unclebud
04-23-16, 17:29
I just got my new BCM 16" Recce from G&R and am wanting to buy an optic for it. Trying to decide between the T1 and T2. The T2 is only $55 more than T1. Should I just go ahead and get the T2 ? What do you guys say that have shot with either or both ?

WS6
04-23-16, 18:05
Owned both. T2, hands down.

phaseshift
04-23-16, 19:03
glass is better on t2, if you plan on putting a magnifier with it at some point get the t2

STF
04-23-16, 21:20
For $55, I would do the T2. Having flip up caps is really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antonio5005
04-24-16, 00:32
T2, because in a year or so, you'll wish you would've spent the extra $55, trust me. I have a T1 and if it was an easy swap to a T2 for an extra $55, id do it. Besides, it's aimpoint, you really can't go wrong

wakebrdr142
04-24-16, 11:08
T-2 for the crisper dot alone. I have both and the T-1 is more of a small line instead of a dot. The T-2 is a little warmer while looking through it but not a big difference from the T-1. I run both on a Larue mounts and love both.

Eurodriver
04-24-16, 11:44
T2, because in a year or so, you'll wish you would've spent the extra $55, trust me. I have a T1 and if it was an easy swap to a T2 for an extra $55, id do it. Besides, it's aimpoint, you really can't go wrong

$55 is misleading. I bought a T1 w/ Larue Mount off the EE for $475 shipped in November. Where can I find a T2 with a mount for $530?

The T1 has been the definitive go-to optic for short/medium range carbines for at least 4 years. For $55 I would agree that going with the T2 would be a solid decision but given their durability and ubiquity on classifieds I would (and have) stuck with the T1 and it has never let me down.

drtywk
04-24-16, 12:42
$55 is misleading. I bought a T1 w/ Larue Mount off the EE for $475 shipped in November. Where can I find a T2 with a mount for $530?

The T1 has been the definitive go-to optic for short/medium range carbines for at least 4 years. For $55 I would agree that going with the T2 would be a solid decision but given their durability and ubiquity on classifieds I would (and have) stuck with the T1 and it has never let me down.

This. I have both and although I like the T2 more, you cannot beat the T1, especially on the secondary market. The other option is the H2, especially if you don't need the NV capability.

boombotz401
04-24-16, 19:30
If your going to run a magnifier Go T2, much crisper

T2 also has mount holes helicoiled which is nice

Koshinn
04-24-16, 20:41
If your going to run a magnifier Go T2, much crisper

T2 also has mount holes helicoiled which is nice

I think I understand helicoils, but I thought they were used for fixing messed up threads by overboring the threaded hole then inserting a helicoil?

boombotz401
04-24-16, 20:44
I think I understand helicoils, but I thought they were used for fixing messed up threads by overboring the threaded hole then inserting a helicoil?

Helicoils were used on the h2/t2 to prevent damage to the optic, instead of threading the actual aluminum of the optic itself.

WS6
04-24-16, 22:25

They keep you from stripping the threads when you ham fist things and don't use Aimpoints torque specs. This is why I have a torque wrench. Apparently...it was a problem for some.

Koshinn
04-24-16, 22:51
They keep you from stripping the threads when you ham fist things and don't use Aimpoints torque specs. This is why I have a torque wrench. Apparently...it was a problem for some.

So it's actually an upgrade, not just a fix?

WS6
04-25-16, 01:23
So it's actually an upgrade, not just a fix?

Helicoils in aluminum are stronger than just aluminum threads, from a mechanical and engineering standpoint. Yes. It's mo betta

Scalarworks
04-25-16, 08:36

On a consumer level, helicoils are known for fixing stripped threaded holes. But they are also widely used in industry from the factory to strengthen threaded holes in softer metals, like Aluminum, when a larger screw can't be employed for whatever reason.

By drilling and tapping a larger hole, and then inserting a steel helicoil into it, they get a stronger hole overall, pushing the point of failure to a relatively inexpensive M3 button head torx screw.

unclebud
04-25-16, 17:28
Thanks for all of the help. I am going to order a T2 from Larue.

STF
04-25-16, 19:28
Thanks for all of the help. I am going to order a T2 from Larue.

Nice choice, enjoy it!

user
04-25-16, 20:40
Having both, I can say i like the function / form of the t1 a bit better.

boombotz401
04-25-16, 21:06
Having both, I can say i like the function / form of the t1 a bit better.

Interesting, why is that?

user
04-25-16, 21:26
I like the sight pic of the flat back of the t1. The t2 has eyebrows that the lens covers fit on that Im not a fan of. Overall the optic gains size in version 2.

WS6
04-26-16, 04:39
Flush adjustments like the mro or eotech would be pretty cool.