PDA

View Full Version : LaRue/T-1 question- is this backwards?

jbsf3
08-24-08, 18:05
Recently got my Aimpoint T-1 and LaRue 660 mount, got everything mounted and zeroed, it is a great little optic. I was running an Aimpoint M2 w/LaRue mount before this and the previous mount had the locking arm on the same side of the carbine as this set up but the locking lever folded back the opposite way, towards the stock. The only other mounting option I had was to reverse the mount and the locking arm was hanging right over the ejection port which seemed like a bad idea. Thoughts?

m4fun
08-24-08, 18:22
Mine came the same way. Only after I zeroed was I going through the thought process that it could be backwards(Something about the tab catching stuff moving forward or getting flipped open)

I ended just riding it like that. I even had a good opportunity for a "change in direction" as mine was an early one and while noticing a drastic POI shift, found that one of the screws was totally out and two other screws were loose. I did a reseat with locktite.

jbsf3
08-24-08, 18:25
Copy, thanks m4fun, appreciate the quick reply. Of course I also starting thinking about this AFTER I had it sighted in!

tiger seven
08-24-08, 19:25
Mine is mounted opposite of the way yours is, with the lever on the right side of the receiver, and it works just fine. It does not interfere with ejection in any way.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/zulu15/DSCF0799.jpg

That's also the way it's shown on LaRue's website, but the mount would appear to be able to work just fine mounted either way, as it doesn't have a specific front or back like a cantilever mount or the EOTech mount does. Many LaRue mounts are like that. I recently got the "Po Boy" magnifier setup and was happy to discover that the mount is reversible, as I'm a lefty and I didn't like the magnifier folding to the right.

Derek

sewvacman
08-24-08, 21:53
I recently got the "Po Boy" magnifier setup ...

I know it's off subject but how do you like it? I was looking at getting it.

tiger seven
08-24-08, 22:11
I know it's off subject but how do you like it? I was looking at getting it.

My initial impressions are all positive. Glass is crisp and clear, and it lines up perfectly behind my T-1. I'll have to shoot with it more before I can really make my mind up about it, but I was instantly surprised by how much difference 2.5X made. For the money it seems to be an absolute steal.

Did you see this thread? It's what convinced me. :)

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=17704

Derek

FJB
08-25-08, 00:49
LaRue Tactical started moving the throw lever to the ejection port side of the carbines as there were some concerns from real operators with the lever on the "non-ejection port" side as originally built catching on web/molle gear when presenting the rifle. Keep in mind that 90% of the shooters are right handed. While you can run it the way you installed with the lever forward on the "non-ejection port" side I recommend you install mount so the lever is on the ejection port side.

Also, go to www.downrange.tv/show2 video clip Part 3 to learn more about the Micro T-1.

S/F