PDA

View Full Version : Manson Family Member Leslie Van Houten Wins Parole Recommendation...

SteyrAUG
04-25-16, 02:36
Exactly what does it take to serve LIFE anymore?

http://nriworld.net/2016/04/manson-follower-leslie-van-houten-wins-parole-recommendation/

Leslie Van Houten was the youngest member of the cult to participate in the killings of grocer Leno La Bianca and his wife Rosemary, who were stabbed to death in their Los Angeles home on 1969.

The full Board of Parole Hearings will review the decision during the next four months, then could send the case to California Gov. Jerry Brown, according to corrections spokesman Luis Patino.

Houten, two other women, and Manson were sentenced to death, but a year later all death penalties in the state were commuted to life imprisonment. Due to the death of her lawyer during the trial, Van Houten's convictions were thrown out on appeal, and she was granted a new trial. At this trial, her main defense was diminished responsibility from chronic use of hallucinogens having made her susceptible to Manson's influence. The jury could not agree on a verdict.

At a third trial, she was convicted, and sentenced to two concurrent life sentences. In relation to her case, courts ruled that in deciding to deny parole, the crime committed by an inmate could outweigh any evidence of their subsequent reform.

August 9, 1969, Manson again selected a group to commit murder. Van Houten was not chosen but asked to be allowed to go. Manson accompanied them. Van Houten, Tex Watson, Patricia Krenwinkel, Susan Atkins, Steve Grogan, and Linda Kasabian went to a house in Los Feliz, the home of Rosemary and Leno LaBianca. Leno and Rosemary LaBianca's home was beside where a long time close friend of Manson's original music industry contact Phil Kaufman had rented a house.

Krenwinkel and Van Houten found Rosemary LaBianca in a bedroom, to which she had retired while her husband had fallen asleep while reading in the living room. Watson put a pillowcase over Leno's and Rosemary LaBianca's heads, then tied the electrical cord from a lamp around their necks. Rosemary started struggling; meanwhile, her husband, who had been tied up in the living room, started screaming as Watson began stabbing him. Rosemary grabbed the lamp and swung it at Van Houten, who fought with her and knocked the lamp away.

Van Houten then held LaBianca down while Krenwinkel tried to stab her in the chest, but the blade bent on LaBianca's clavicle. Van Houten called for assistance from Watson, who entered the bedroom and stabbed Rosemary LaBianca several times. He then found Van Houten, handed her the knife, and told her to "do something" (since Manson had instructed Watson to make sure everyone actively participated). Van Houten stabbed Rosemary's lower back and buttocks over a dozen times. Van Houten later told Dianne Lake that she had stabbed someone who was already dead. The autopsy indicated that some of the 47 stab wounds Rosemary suffered had been inflicted post-mortem.

Moose-Knuckle
04-25-16, 03:43
$h*t like this is how I adapted my sense of justice from Clint Eastwood films, specifically his Westerns.

SOWT
04-25-16, 08:55
Another mouth on the welfare role, guess it's cheaper than prison.
Maybe we luck out and some thug plays the knockout game with her.

TAZ
04-25-16, 10:00
Another mouth on the welfare role, guess it's cheaper than prison.
Maybe we luck out and some thug plays the knockout game with her.

Not going to hold my breath on that one. She'll live to be 100 all on the backs of the taxpayer.

Vandal
04-25-16, 10:55
This doesn't surprise me. She has been the only one who even had a shot at parole. Van Houten is unemployable but she will get a book and probably a movie deal that will cover her bills for the rest of her life. She'll end up wealthier than most of the people on this board.

soulezoo
04-25-16, 11:17
This doesn't surprise me. She has been the only one who even had a shot at parole. Van Houten is unemployable but she will get a book and probably a movie deal that will cover her bills for the rest of her life. She'll end up wealthier than most of the people on this board.

I'm afraid this covers it.

This is why I am in favor of the death penalty. No one who has had the death penalty carried out has come up for parole.....or committed another crime. Plenty of "life without possibility of parole" have.

Firefly
04-25-16, 11:46
See. That's messed up.

soulezoo
04-25-16, 12:12
Sometimes I can be a messed up kind of guy.

Unapologetically so however.

Gunfixr
04-25-16, 12:48
Guess I'm messed up too.
The death penalty might not deter others, but it sure as hell deters the one it's carried out on.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

ABNAK
04-25-16, 14:56
As far as I'm concerned her, Manson, ol' Tex, and most of the others convicted should be moldy corpses for 45 years now.

SteyrAUG
04-25-16, 15:16

Not true. Lynette 'Squeaky' Fromme was released in 2009.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/05/squeaky.fromme.release/

Although she didn't participate in any of the famous Manson murders, she was an accomplice in the murder of James Willett and is most famous for the attempted assassination of Gerald Ford. She was a devoted Manson family member, long after most attempted to distance themselves.

In a 1978 interview, Fromme called Manson "a once-in-a-lifetime soul. ... He's got more heart and spirit than anyone I've ever met." She said she still corresponded with him. "He's got everything he wants coming from me, 'cause he gave me everything."

In 1979, Fromme was transferred out of Federal Correctional Institution, Dublin in Dublin, California, for attacking a fellow inmate, Julienne Bušić, with the claw-end of a hammer. On December 23, 1987, she escaped from the Federal Prison Camp, Alderson in Alderson, West Virginia, attempting to meet Manson, who she had heard had testicular cancer. She was captured again two days later and incarcerated at the Federal Medical Center, Carswell in Fort Worth, Texas.

Over the years, she continued to profess total allegiance to Manson. In the 1994 updated version of his book on the Manson murders, Helter Skelter, Vincent Bugliosi wrote that Fromme and Good were the only members of the Family who had not renounced Manson: She once told an Associated Press reporter, "The curtain is going to come down on all of us, and if we don't turn everything over to Charlie immediately, it will be too late."

Firefly
04-25-16, 15:44
Sometimes I can be a messed up kind of guy.

Unapologetically so however.

If you thought I meant you. You are incorrect, sir.

I meant the fact that she was paroled after being sentenced to life with messed up.

I actually advocate lynchings and crucifixions as capital punishment

SteyrAUG
04-25-16, 16:36

I meant the fact that she was paroled after being sentenced to life with messed up.

Watching Game of Thrones I'm really warming up to this as my preferred method of execution.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2014/05/hole-850x560.jpg

Lots of time for "contemplation of wrongs."

Firefly
04-25-16, 17:27
For someone who doesn't get HBO and missed out on the GoT craze, what am I looking at?

Sean W.
04-25-16, 17:30
It's a castle in the mountains and the prison cells have doors on the floor.

Firefly
04-25-16, 17:35
So they lock people up in the floors?

Sean W.
04-25-16, 17:38
No the cells are over a cliff and there's a door in the floor so that you can be executed by being pushed out or jump yourself.

SteyrAUG
04-25-16, 18:35
For someone who doesn't get HBO and missed out on the GoT craze, what am I looking at?

Actually this was in the main castle, it was built on a ledge and had an opening in the floor called the moon door. If you displeased somebody, they would "make you fly" and it was a long way down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcvE-nS159w

Moose-Knuckle
04-26-16, 02:17

And when Hilary "wins wink, wink" she'll have her over to the White House for a State Dinner.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-26-16, 05:30
Considering all the lefty terrorists that are now buddies with the president of the United States and respected members of academia, why are we still so hard on the Manson family.

soulezoo
04-26-16, 11:30

One of my favorites I read in a book. I had to really think about the implications some however.

It involved taking a razor and removing your eyelids. Stripped naked and hung over a cliff in a cage with your arms pinned down to your sides in the bright sun. At a place where the crows and vultures could pick at you.

Firefly
04-26-16, 12:15
That seems over involved.
Guillotines. They say you're still alive in your head for a few seconds.

26 Inf
04-26-16, 19:51
That seems over involved.
Guillotines. They say you're still alive in your head for a few seconds.

Read this report from 1905. The report is written by Dr Beaurieux, who under perfect circumstances experimented with the head of Languille, guillotined at 5.30 a.m. on June 28th, 1905

" I consider it essential for you to know that Languille displayed an extraordinary sang-froid and even courage from the moment when he was told, that his last hour had come, until the moment when he walked firmly to the scaffold. It may well be, in fact, that the conditions for observation, and consequently the phenomena, differ greatly according to whether the condemned persons retain all their sang-froid and are fully in control of themselves, or whether they are in such state of physical and mental prostration that they have to be carried to the place of execution, and are already half-dead, and as though paralysed by the appalling anguish of the fatal instant.

"The head fell on the severed surface of the neck and I did not therefor have to take it up in my hands, as all the newspapers have vied with each other in repeating; I was not obliged even to touch it in order to set it upright. Chance served me well for the observation, which I wished to make.

"Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds. This phenomenon has been remarked by all those finding themselves in the same conditions as myself for observing what happens after the severing of the neck...

"I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased. The face relaxed, the lids half closed on the eyeballs, leaving only the white of the conjunctiva visible, exactly as in the dying whom we have occasion to see every day in the exercise of our profession, or as in those just dead. It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: "Languille!" I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions – I insist advisedly on this peculiarity – but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts.
Next Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with the sort of vague dull look without any expression, that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me. "After several seconds, the eyelids closed again, slowly and evenly, and the head took on the same appearance as it had had before I called out.

"It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement – and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead.

"I have just recounted to you with rigorous exactness what I was able to observe. The whole thing had lasted twenty-five to thirty seconds.

http://www.guillotine.dk/pages/30sek.html