PDA

View Full Version : Cry me a river

Alpha Sierra
08-24-08, 22:29
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26379348

For those deported from the United States, the words are an unnecessary reminder. Nearly every hour of the day, guards unlock this gate that leads back into Mexico, clicking open the padlocks hung on each side, in each nation.

Every time the gate slams shut, it wipes out a dream, divides a family, ends a life lived in the shadows of the law.

Screw MSNBC :mad:

Safetyhit
08-24-08, 22:39
Had a feeling that quick edit was coming...:eek:

Anyway, that article is despicable. MSNBC has has definitely gone over the top.

Gutshot John
08-24-08, 22:44
I'm getting all misty...oh wait that's my wife's cigarette.

rayray
08-25-08, 15:11
Maybe if they tried to gain access to The Good Ole USA thru legal channels they wouldnt get the boot. That article is just liberal bleeding heart crap.

RogerinTPA
08-25-08, 15:56
Maybe if the US would put in place a permanent law that absolutely forbids the employment illegal aliens, fines and jails employers who violate the law, this would increase the self deportation of illegals. ;) Just a thought...

chadbag
08-25-08, 17:40
I'd like to ask them if someone who attacked and raped them should be sent to jail. That person has a family that will be torn apart as well if we send him to jail.

Illegals are lawbreakers. They choose to break the law, then they have to suffer the consequences. I am not choosing to break up families -- I am choosing to follow the law.

chadbag
08-25-08, 17:41
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26379348

Screw MSNBC :mad:

I believe it was originally an AP article, if I understand the little logo on it. So, in addition to MSNBC, turn your ire on the AP.

I will be writing them (AP, CC: MSNBC) telling them that their article is not journalism but advocacy under the guise of journalism and to shove it up their *ss.

Chad

JPolito830
08-27-08, 09:50
I have always hated MSNBC...and this is yet another reason to hate them. Terrible article.

twodollarbill
08-27-08, 10:13
This is the way I've always seen it.....
Have you ever gone to a restaurant and ordered something that you wanted....WRONG!!!!!
You go to a restaurant and order what they want to serve you.
The news media does the same thing.
MSNBC likes to serve up the biggest pile of dog crap of all of them.
I can remember when CNN was different though.

JediMindTricks
08-27-08, 11:26
Maybe if the US would put in place a permanent law that absolutely forbids the employment illegal aliens, fines and jails employers who violate the law, this would increase the self deportation of illegals. ;) Just a thought...

But that would be the Law in action! God forbid our laws are actually enforced for the right reasons..... The criminal justice system is a joke. Look at California, they give amnesty to illegals who are known to be violent offenders while at the same time barring their citizens from owning hi-capacity weapons. Total BS. The good people in California lose big time!

Spade
08-27-08, 12:49
I'm for tuning the stretch of land by the border into the new Marine corp firing ranges. Let them shoot, bomb & whatever else there everyday. If they make it through in one peace then sign them up for the military branch of their choice.

Obviously this will never happen but I can dream.

i303
08-28-08, 04:38
That very gate has been "destroying dreams" for a better part of over 2 decades. I myself had to open that gate and it's called "whiskey 2" and no, I'm not a guard. It's also a short distance from one of the latests shooting at "whiskey 3" and Virginia Gate. The buses have to drive down a narrow road right next to the border fence. That road is called Memo Lane because quite often rocks would be thrown at BP Agents and damaging vehicles thus causing us to write memos on the damage.

Funny thing that report doesn't mention, and that is where several busloads a day arrive at that very gate and unloads hundreds of recently released convicts who are deported after time served.

They get released there because Mexican immigration or LE will sometimes check them out to see if they are wanted in Mexico.

It's also a short walk from one of the most drug infested areas of TJ where the recently released convicts would get high again. I learned a lot by watching them do their thang even on Christmas morning as a dozen of small kids wearing their schools uniforms would be led right past them. And yeah I was wondering why the kids were in uniform on Christmas. But it's Mexico and I cannot figure out half of the things they do there.

Oh, and the place they actually "deport", which that is usually BS, as long as they didn't require a deport most of the "farmers, construction workers, prisoners, nannies, children, entire families whose dreams have been wiped out, divides a family, ends a life lived in the shadows of the law" typically take a voluntary departure which doesn't count against them. They usually get the boot at Otay Mesa which is about 6 miles east from there. Otay doesn't have a big black gate last time I checked. They go back through th esame gate everyone else does.

Oh, wait. I guess they did mention about the returning convicts. But they twist the story as yet another human plight. Which it is. However when these people decide to come into the US illegally they never take into full consideration of the consequences. All too often they are either not told about them, which I don't buy. But what I do buy is that they choose not to listen and weight in the consequences. And they take big gambles such as turning over their kids to be smuggled by someone else. it floors me as to why we don't slam the parents for child endangerment. Add to that how mothers will leave their kids behind and not see them for years.

What gets me is Mexico may border as a 3rd world crap hole, but people are not starving to death and they are not escaping a tyranical government. Except for those who hose to get involved with drug smuggling. And although they are more impoverish the answer isnt earning ten fold then spending 90% of that pay just to live in the US along with doubling your work hours. And if they do return quite often whatever they made in the US is gone within a few months. The rewards are not worth the sacrifices. Mexicans do have the ability to make it better in their own country and they can make a living quite easily. But not as easily as it has been allowed to in the states.