PDA

View Full Version : Anyone receive their Centurion CMR MLok Rail yet?

snaggletooth
04-27-16, 12:20
I know they have been on pre-order since February and they said it would be about 6-8 weeks until delivery, just curious to see if anyone received theirs yet. Also, how do they like them?

skp
04-27-16, 12:53
I know they have been on pre-order since February and they said it would be about 6-8 weeks until delivery, just curious to see if anyone received theirs yet. Also, how do they like them?

Yeah, someone posted a picture in the Colt middie thread.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?177056-Anybody-have-more-info-on-this-teaser&p=2308897#post2308897

Stickman
04-28-16, 21:39
One of my early ones to keep you going....

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b0fa4234ca97867dc2548ad787b269f6/tumblr_o6djcadcyN1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

6point9
04-29-16, 02:31
I received my 13" inch M-LOK last Friday and Rainier Arms had a bunch of 15" Keymods and M-LOK's in stock as well.

Hank6046
04-30-16, 12:57
I received my 13" inch M-LOK last Friday and Rainier Arms had a bunch of 15" Keymods and M-LOK's in stock as well.

Please let me know how you like it, I was going to put a mid-west M-Lok on a build that I have been working on, but if this rail has Centurion's quality than this is most likely the route I'll take.

6point9
05-03-16, 00:15
Please let me know how you like it, I was going to put a mid-west M-Lok on a build that I have been working on, but if this rail has Centurion's quality than this is most likely the route I'll take.

Couldn't install the rail till today since my barrel was off being pinned but so far I like it. It's my first centurion rail but it feels pretty solid, fit and finish is pretty nice and definitely feels light. I paired it up with a 14.5" barrel and the length seems perfect IMO. Overall I'm pretty happy with it for the $210 shipped I paid for it.

Hank6046
05-03-16, 22:51
Couldn't install the rail till today since my barrel was off being pinned but so far I like it. It's my first centurion rail but it feels pretty solid, fit and finish is pretty nice and definitely feels light. I paired it up with a 14.5" barrel and the length seems perfect IMO. Overall I'm pretty happy with it for the $210 shipped I paid for it.

I really want to get my hands on it before purchase, but I might have to go with my gut on this one. Really like all the cool attachments from KDG, especially for bi-pod or light removal and that is what excites me even more about this rail.

Iraqgunz
05-04-16, 06:26
Got mine today. Very nicely made. Now if I can just get the other stuff I need.

Col_Crocs
05-04-16, 08:26
Anyone have any word on when they might come out with an Mlok 9.5" and 11'?

jpmuscle
05-04-16, 21:03
Anyone have any word on when they might come out with an Mlok 9.5" and 11'?
11" would be tits

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hank6046
05-04-16, 21:47
@jpmuscle
Somehow your Avatar speaks to me. Emailed Weapons Outfitters to see if I can get it in FDE because I like my gun to match my shoes.39320

jpmuscle
05-04-16, 22:57
@jpmuscle
Somehow your Avatar speaks to me. Emailed Weapons Outfitters to see if I can get it in FDE because I like my gun to match my shoes.39320
Haha, rock on brotha. It's like a cult but better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

user
05-04-16, 23:47
I received the 13.5" Keymod. Really like the product so far

Dstrbdmedic167
05-05-16, 00:19
As Stick said.. something to keep you going...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160322/11ea32970125a9224b420a7008791c8d.jpg

Col_Crocs
05-06-16, 00:56
What is that square gap above the anti-rotation tabs for? I initially thought it was a new anti-rotation design, similar to the KMR, but the same tabs from the original are still present.

Dstrbdmedic167
05-06-16, 16:27
What is that square gap above the anti-rotation tabs for? I initially thought it was a new anti-rotation design, similar to the KMR, but the same tabs from the original are still present.

That's an insert that is similar to SLR rails. Not exactly the same but close.

Col_Crocs
05-06-16, 20:04
Cool. Thanks!

DreadPirateMoyer
08-18-16, 22:40
To those who have installed these: do they have enough clearance for a standard lo-pro block like from Noveske or BCM?

Dstrbdmedic167
08-18-16, 22:48
To those who have installed these: do they have enough clearance for a standard lo-pro block like from Noveske or BCM?

Shouldn't be an issue. I used one that I had I the parts bin. Plain Jane, no name GB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seedubs1
08-19-16, 06:53
I have one on my 14.5" rifle. Not the greatest rail I've ever had, that's for sure. No matter what I did, when I tighten the bolts, the rail wants to angle up. I cannot for the life of me get the rail perfectly on plane with the rail on the receiver. I have only seen this type of issue with this type of attachment method (Samson and MI use similar). But then again, I'm anal and like to have my rail perfectly in line. I check it on plate glass to ensure it's flat, and I cannot get this one to be perfectly flat when installed.

In addition, the picatiny top rail portion is machined to what appears to be pretty much absolute MMC (Max Material Condition). Which means everything I attach to it is a complete pain and almost needs to be tapped in with a small rubber driver.

Overall, I probably won't buy one again. I haven't had these types of issues with most of the other quality options out there (SMOS, Geissele, KAC, Noveske, etc...).

DreadPirateMoyer
08-19-16, 10:42
I have one on my 14.5" rifle. Not the greatest rail I've ever had, that's for sure. No matter what I did, when I tighten the bolts, the rail wants to angle up. I cannot for the life of me get the rail perfectly on plane with the rail on the receiver. I have only seen this type of issue with this type of attachment method (Samson and MI use similar). But then again, I'm anal and like to have my rail perfectly in line. I check it on plate glass to ensure it's flat, and I cannot get this one to be perfectly flat when installed.

In addition, the picatiny top rail portion is machined to what appears to be pretty much absolute MMC (Max Material Condition). Which means everything I attach to it is a complete pain and almost needs to be tapped in with a small rubber driver.

Overall, I probably won't buy one again. I haven't had these types of issues with most of the other quality options out there (SMOS, Geissele, KAC, Noveske, etc...).

What did Monty and Corrie have to say about this? I'm assuming you contacted them.

DreadPirateMoyer
08-19-16, 10:44
Shouldn't be an issue. I used one that I had I the parts bin. Plain Jane, no name GB.

Enough clearance that rail/barrel flex isn't causing contact? This is my worry (barricade support, wrenching down/up on the sling, loading a bipod, etc.)

Dstrbdmedic167
08-19-16, 10:52
Enough clearance that rail/barrel flex isn't causing contact? This is my worry (barricade support, wrenching down/up on the sling, loading a bipod, etc.)

None that I've seen so far. I'll see if I can get a cell phone pic to show clearance with it.

seedubs1
08-19-16, 11:43
I did not contact anybody at Centurion. These are just my notes regarding the sample of 1 that I have on my rifle.

Good thought, though. I'm going to send them an email. I'm interested to hear their thoughts as I was expecting more from their product considering their excellent reputation.

What did Monty and Corrie have to say about this? I'm assuming you contacted them.

DreadPirateMoyer
08-19-16, 12:01
None that I've seen so far. I'll see if I can get a cell phone pic to show clearance with it.

Good stuff. Looking forward to it!

I did not contact anybody at Centurion. These are just my notes regarding the sample of 1 that I have on my rifle.

Good thought, though. I'm going to send them an email. I'm interested to hear their thoughts as I was expecting more from their product considering their excellent reputation.

Definitely give them a call or throw them an email. They'll take care of you if something is wrong.

seedubs1
08-19-16, 12:33
I sent them an email. I'll report back with what they say. From what I've heard, they're a stand up company, so I'm sure they'll be great to deal with.

Good stuff. Looking forward to it!

Definitely give them a call or throw them an email. They'll take care of you if something is wrong.

fallenromeo
08-19-16, 12:39
not only are their parts top notch, they have excellent customer service. Nothing to worry about

seedubs1
08-19-16, 14:13
OK, Centurion CS is some of the best. Sent them an email, and they responded in about an hour. They're sending me a replacement tube with a return label to ship the one I currently have back.

DreadPirateMoyer
08-19-16, 14:59
OK, Centurion CS is some of the best. Sent them an email, and they responded in about an hour. They're sending me a replacement tube with a return label to ship the one I currently have back.

Awesome. Glad to hear you've been taken care of. Monty and Corrie are the best.

seedubs1
09-20-16, 12:33
Update:

Centurion is awesome. They took care of getting everything right. First handguard would not install straight when torqued to their spec and the rail was extremely tight when installing accessories. Second handguard had a really low rail to the point there was a drastic step down from my receiver. Centurion was great to deal with, and they sent me a third rail that is pretty dang close to perfect. I love great CS, and they'll definitely get more business from me in the future.

Hank6046
09-21-16, 20:29
I would like to know if it fits over the DD low profile gas block.

BoringGuy45
09-21-16, 22:39
Is there any plans to make a shorter length for SBRs? Something in the 10-11" range?

Steve-0-
09-21-16, 23:32
Is there any plans to make a shorter length for SBRs? Something in the 10-11" range?

10.5" are being released soon. We got our first batch in about a week ago for an SBR contract. Theres a couple lucky dudes, who should have their complete uppers in a couple days.

Furbyballer
09-22-16, 11:31
10.5" are being released soon. We got our first batch in about a week ago for an SBR contract. Theres a couple lucky dudes, who should have their complete uppers in a couple days.

Definitely can't wait for my upper to come in.

1911-A1
09-23-16, 16:09
I just installed a 15" Mlok CMR rail on my BCM LW midlength. The low profile BCM gas block worked fine. I can confirm the top rails are super tight. I had to tap my metal Magpul buis on with a mallet.

Hank6046
09-24-16, 08:34
I just installed a 15" Mlok CMR rail on my BCM LW midlength. The low profile BCM gas block worked fine. I can confirm the top rails are super tight. I had to tap my metal Magpul buis on with a mallet.

Thanks for letting me know

BoringGuy45
09-24-16, 09:47
For those who have experience with both the Geissele Mk8 and Centurion CMR M-LOK, how do they stack up against each other in terms of ruggedness and how quickly each one heats up with heavier use?

bowman57_2
09-24-16, 10:41
I have also been interested in how durable the CMR is compared to other slick rails. I've been kind of jumping back and forth between a CMR and a Hodge though I would imagine the Hodge is quite a bit more rugged.

jrflyewr
10-06-16, 21:53
got my 13" CMR Mlok today from Lanbos..(great shop BTW) and am very happy with it..installation was a breeze..solid lockup..feels great in the hand..fit great over a 14.5 BCM barrel with BCM .625 gas block...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BufordTJustice
10-07-16, 10:23
I have also been interested in how durable the CMR is compared to other slick rails. I've been kind of jumping back and forth between a CMR and a Hodge though I would imagine the Hodge is quite a bit more rugged.
The first gen Centurion handguards I've seen and touched were pretty durn rugged, material differences aside between them and the HD rails (which look amazing, btw).

I'd put the centurion right up there with a KMR or an ALG EMR in terms of barrel nut mount strength.

seedubs1
10-07-16, 10:26
I own both a Centurion CMR and an ALG EMR. The CMR is very good and certainly robust enough. But IMHO, the Geissele/ALG rail design is more robust (potentially to the point of being over designed, which isn't a bad thing...).

The first gen Centurion handguards I've seen and touched were pretty durn rugged, material differences aside between them and the HD rails (which look amazing, btw).

I'd put the centurion right up there with a KMR or an ALG EMR in terms of barrel nut mount strength.

bowman57_2
10-07-16, 12:50

Everyone talks about the strength of the way the CMR mounts but i dont see why. The barrel nut does not appear to be very long and the rail just clamps onto the nut with the crossbolts running throught the groove like a few other rails out there. Im not knocking centurion by any means, I want one of these MLOK rails, Im just curious.

seedubs1
10-07-16, 13:02
The Centurion CMR is very well done. There are wings on the rail that interface with the upper receiver. This keeps the rail from being able to be spun. The cross bolt that goes through the groove in the nut keeps the rail from being able to be pulled off, and the other two bolts clamp the rail tight to the barrel nut. Mine was a very nice tight fit. The lock up is very good, and more than robust enough. Everything (spinning, pulling, lock up, etc...) is well accounted for in the design.....unlike some other rails.

But again.....not much compares to how the Geissele / ALG rail mounting is engineered. IMHO, it's the best out there.

Everyone talks about the strength of the way the CMR mounts but i dont see why. The barrel nut does not appear to be very long and the rail just clamps onto the nut with the crossbolts running throught the groove like a few other rails out there. Im not knocking centurion by any means, I want one of these MLOK rails, Im just curious.

Furbyballer
10-07-16, 13:09
So I just received my 15in M lok rail and I am only seeing 2 screws...I should be seeing 3 screws correct?

bowman57_2
10-07-16, 16:24
The Centurion CMR is very well done. There are wings on the rail that interface with the upper receiver. This keeps the rail from being able to be spun. The cross bolt that goes through the groove in the nut keeps the rail from being able to be pulled off, and the other two bolts clamp the rail tight to the barrel nut. Mine was a very nice tight fit. The lock up is very good, and more than robust enough. Everything (spinning, pulling, lock up, etc...) is well accounted for in the design.....unlike some other rails.

But again.....not much compares to how the Geissele / ALG rail mounting is engineered. IMHO, it's the best out there.

Ive always liked rails that mount with screws going through the rail into the barrel nut. The EMR having more MLOK slots, the length of the bbl nut, and being cheaper are all bonuses too.

jrflyewr
10-25-16, 10:21
Love my CMR Mlok but had trouble with the dang center screw..it cross threaded and now the screw and rail threads are damaged..emailed CA but no response yet..i am not on facebook so cant go that route..anyone have any experience with their customer service..is this something that they will warranty?..love the rail but that screw cross threaded way to easy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

grinch
10-25-16, 16:30
e-mail sales@centurionarms.net if you haven't received a in 48 hours during working days then it got lost someplace on the net.

Thanks
Monty

Furbyballer
10-26-16, 09:33
e-mail sales@centurionarms.net if you haven't received a in 48 hours during working days then it got lost someplace on the net.

Thanks
Monty

Thanks. I got a response yesterday afternoon and am getting replacement screws sent today. Great CS.

rocket 442
11-02-16, 15:43
Hey Grant do you stock these at Strasburg? Not on website & I've bought Centurion rails there before.