PDA

View Full Version : New P30 LEM V1 home defense pistolen

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-27-16, 18:14
Some folks decided they liked my old beside the bed gun (CZ-75 SP01) more than they liked obeying the law so I had to pick up a new self-defense nine. I figured the HK P30 LEM V1 was hard to beat, so I will be keeping tabs on my thoughts and observations with this thread.

Full disclosure, I have owned a P30 before (and P2000, VP9, etc) so this isn't my first rodeo. I just wanted to get something no-nonsense that I could trust right out of the box. I didn't want to have to fiddle with extractors, ejectors, springs, new triggers, etc. I also wanted something with factory night sights. For years I have fiddled with various sights (Dawson, Novak, Trijicon HD, Hackathorn stuff, you name it) but I really just wanted regular old 3 dots installed competently from the factory. Further, I already had a P2000 LEM which was my backup carry piece (to the 1911 that was also stolen) so I figured that the P30 was a good fit.

Anyway, here she is...

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1644/26684024335_d1daafec3e_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/GDYAM6)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/GDYAM6) by stoiclawyer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/52942291@N00/), on Flickr

Before I shot her I swapped out the grip for the smallest units. I have exactly average sized hands, but I generally prefer the smallest grip I can get.

I took her out Friday and Sunday for a total of 715 rounds (100 federal, 600 WWB and 15 Gold dot) ( Like my older P30, the first few rounds out of the gun were ejected erratically. It is my belief that this is caused by the extractor and extractor buffer settling. I have observed this in every new P30 I have ever seen. Either way, it typically last only about 50 rounds (unlike some other guns I could mention where the extraction issues only get worse).

The light LEM is very nice. It is smooth and light, but with a lot of take-up. I have always believed this was a smart way to minimize the risk of NDs, but opinions differ. I have tons of rounds through LEMS, DAO revolvers, etc so the LEM is no big deal to me.

One thing that I think everyone can agree on, is that H&K pistols have excellent inherent accuracy. The triggers tend to be a speed-bump, but few deny the mechanical accuracy of the pistols. This P30 is no different. I was able to shoot one hole groups at 21 feet, 30 feet, and easily ring 1 foot gongs at 50 and 75 yards. Great fun. And the light LEM (although not particularly light) did make it easier than with standard LEM.

I am always impressed with H&K pistol magazines. One guy here once remarked that H&K was a middle of the road handgun maker but the industry leading handgun magazine manufacturer. H&K magazines, besides always being over-built and manufactured in-house, are easy to load to capacity. Many top-tier instructors advise downloading some brands so they can be seated more easily on a closed slide. With the H&K this is not an issue. You can load it to capacity and seat the mag easily. Things were no different with the P30.

As always, the sights on the H&K are regulated to hit behind the dot at 21 feet. This is how I learned to shoot and it has always made focusing on the front sight easier.

What I don't like....

Slide levers. Too damn long, too damn exposed. There is a solution to this. there are several shorter levers from the S models but I basically just move my strong hand thumb to the back of my support hand. Still, annoying to me.

That's about it!

I ordered a deSantis speed Scabbard because I like leather holsters because, in my experience, they are more forgiving to my body, the finish on the gun and quieter. I don't plan on carrying it much, but I have that ability now. I ordered three spare mags to add to the 3 that came with the gun.

I keep it with an X300 mounted. I ran 200 rounds through it with the light attached, and all seemed well.

WatchTheWorldBern
04-27-16, 18:46
How would you compare the light LEM to the VP9 trigger? Also, how does the rear area under the slide affect how deep you can get the pistol in your grip? This is something I particularly struggled with on the VP9 (and ultimately gave up on—just hurt the first knuckle in my thumb too much), but I'm curious how the P30 differs.

Are you planning on swapping out the slide stop lever?

HeruMew
04-27-16, 18:51
Very nice looking.

I have taken a moment a silence for your missing comrades.

Hope the new pistol and its reliability will make up for what's been lost.

Firefly
04-27-16, 19:37
Sensible gun. P30 has always been one of those "one of these days" guns for me.

Hope the thieves end up in a ditch somewhere.

Kevin P
04-27-16, 20:04
Now try and break it!

Kain
04-27-16, 20:08
I have to agree to it being a sensible choice. I always considered a P30L with an X300 as a HD option with the standard P30 as a carry or backup. If I had the money I would be testing that but alas I have other things that need to be paid first. But, the damn things just fit my hand so nicely it isn't even funny.

RND
04-27-16, 20:12
Cool coincidence. P30 V1 and P2000 V2 here also. Looking to add another LEM. Will keep a close eye on this thread!

Nightstalker865
04-27-16, 20:16
Nice choice. P30's are great shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crusader377
04-27-16, 20:50
Very solid choice, although I'm not a HK guy, the P30 is definitely a first class pistol.

MountainRaven
04-27-16, 21:23
What!?

They didn't steal a Wilson did they?

Either way, there's a special place in hell for people who steal 1911s, with child molesters and people who talk in the theater.

w3453l
04-27-16, 21:58
Is there any reason you went with the P30 over the P30L? Considering you bought it as a bedside gun the size difference shouldn't be of concern. I'm not sure if it applied to the P30, but I thought mounting a light was a bit more difficult although I could be getting it mixed up with the HK45C.

I like the LEM too. I actually prefer the LEM over a VP9; sometimes I think I'm the only person left on the planet that does.

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-27-16, 22:46
They swiped the Wilson!!:nono: But, they already arrested one and he is blabbing so maybe it will come back.

w3453l

I am basically agnostic on the 30 vs the 30L. They did not have an L but I have no idea which one I would have picked. Maybe the standard anyway since I plan on surpassing it. But really they are both awesome.

There is no trouble with light mounting. That is really just the 45C and the SK models.

I prefer the VP9 trigger for range work but I like the LEM for defense/administrative handling.

I MAY get the shorter levers if I notice an issue. I am trying to resist to urge to buy them just because I know I like toys.

HCM
04-27-16, 23:09
Greg,

If you don't mind - random burglary targeting your area / neighborhood or inside job (service people etc) ? I'm guessing day time burglary?

svtpwnz
04-28-16, 07:48
Very solid choice on the P30. I love mine and I find myself drifting away from my Glocks and more to HK's recently. They are simply ergonomically superior to just about every other hand gun out there. It really sucks to hear these POS's stole your pistols especially the Wilson.

At least you have a chance at getting them back with one perp caught. Unfortunately, the sentence will likely be much less that it should be. The penalties for firearm theft should be at least 10 years mandatory!

DreadPirateMoyer
04-28-16, 08:16
Great call, Greg. Awesome pistol for life protection. If I had to pick one gun whose hands to place my life in, it would be a tie between the P30 or HK45.

Also good pick on the P30 over P30L, even if it wasn't a conscius choice. The P30L has teething issues with certain types of ammo under the first 1000 rounds or so. The P30 runs right out of the box.

RND
04-28-16, 10:29
Great call, Greg. Awesome pistol for life protection. If I had to pick one gun whose hands to place my life in, it would be a tie between the P30 or HK45.

Also good pick on the P30 over P30L, even if it wasn't a conscius choice. The P30L has teething issues with certain types of ammo under the first 1000 rounds or so. The P30 runs right out of the box.

Is it a tie between the HK45 and the HK45 compact?

HCrum87hc
04-28-16, 10:41
Sorry to hear about the theft. I can't stand thieves. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread as a P30 V1 LEM is likely my next purchase for the same purpose as yours.

Talon167
04-28-16, 12:01
Is there any reason you went with the P30 over the P30L? Considering you bought it as a bedside gun the size difference shouldn't be of concern. I'm not sure if it applied to the P30, but I thought mounting a light was a bit more difficult although I could be getting it mixed up with the HK45C.

I like the LEM too. I actually prefer the LEM over a VP9; sometimes I think I'm the only person left on the planet that does.

You are not. I also do. Bought and sold a VP9 because I prefer the P30's grip (yes, they're different) and LEM config better.

WickedWillis
04-28-16, 13:06
You are not. I also do. Bought and sold a VP9 because I prefer the P30's grip (yes, they're different) and LEM config better.

Is the reset as long on the V1 LEM as it is on the V3 DA/SA? That is the only thing I don't care for about the P30 is the mile long reset.

Phillygunguy
04-28-16, 13:14
I have a P30 lem . I think it's one of HKs finest . But I can't seem to get used to the LEM trigger
I wish it didn't have that long pre travel or better yet I wish I could get a consistent 5 1/2 lb trigger pull DAO

t1tan
04-28-16, 13:18
I have a P30 lem . I think it's one of HKs finest . But I can't seem to get used to the LEM
I wish it didn't have that long pre travel. Or was just a consistent 5 1/2 lb DAO
Have you had trouble getting used to the lem?

Have you thought about installing the LEM 4.1 parts to reduce pre-travel? Doesn't change the reset but drops pre-travel 30%.

Phillygunguy
04-28-16, 13:23
Have you thought about installing the LEM 4.1 parts to reduce pre-travel? Doesn't change the reset but drops pre-travel 30%.

Sorry I edited my post didn't want to hijack the thread but didn't know about the LEM 4.1 I'll have to check it out

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-28-16, 17:16
HCM,

If you don't mind - random burglary targeting your area / neighborhood or inside job (service people etc) ? I'm guessing day time burglary?

Old contractor sent in a couple of kids to do his dirty work. Didn't have the cameras when he did the work so oops for him!

jet66
04-28-16, 20:55
Nice choice! I picked up a P30S V3 maybe two years ago, it has been serving me well. It is my first HK, and the price couldn't be beat, so I didn't hold out for any of the other models. I picked up a P30SK V1 (light LEM) after they first came out, and now I sort of wish I had the P30 w/LEM over the P30S V3. I've got a lot of practice with DA to SA shots over the years, so that's not a real problem for me, but that LEM is so smooth, and I like not having the safety and decocker.

Guinnessman
04-28-16, 20:58
Greg,

I am sorry for your loss, but I am happy to see you return to the dark side. As much as I love my VP9, the P30 is still my favorite wonder 9 of all time. The LEM is a great trigger for a CCW/HD gun. I am sure all the guys on the "Pro" are all sporting wood since you have returned to HK. :cool:

Hopefully the Wilson will get returned to you soon. Good luck!

DreadPirateMoyer
04-28-16, 21:04
Is it a tie between the HK45 and the HK45 compact?

It is! Both are absolute brick shithouses in my experience (unlike the P30 and P30L, in which case I'd pick the P30 every time). Todd Green's torture test on the HK45 was insane and I wish he had done something like that for the C prior to his untimely passing, as I feel it would have fared nearly as well.

MountainRaven
04-28-16, 21:46
Old contractor sent in a couple of kids to do his dirty work. Didn't have the cameras when he did the work so oops for him!

There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men for this treachery. :(

Still.

The P30, to me, is the king of polymer self-shuckers. Been eying one my own self. Again. Would be the fourth one I've owned, counting the two P30Ls I've had. But I slightly prefer the L.

I like the LEM, but a guy local to me who is on a first-name basis with Ken Hackathorn doesn't like the LEM, says it's difficult to shoot on-the-move as well as a traditional DA/SA P30. Plus shooting DA/SA guns makes me a better shooter with everything else, in my experience.

Sikiguya
04-28-16, 22:54
I hope they get Lou Gehrig's disease.....

On a serious note..I reacquired a second P30. It will be locked up in a quick access safe for home defense.

Talon167
04-29-16, 11:59
Is the reset as long on the V1 LEM as it is on the V3 DA/SA? That is the only thing I don't care for about the P30 is the mile long reset.

The reset is the same on both variants, yes. I actually bought my P30L as a V3 but converted it to a V1 (shhhh, don't tell HK).

I agree that the reset is a little longer than I'd like it to be, but I've found when training (I've taken a couple three day classes with it that totaled 3,500 rounds) it was a non-issue. I am planning on taking it to more classes.

Phillygunguy
04-29-16, 12:12
There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men for this treachery. :(

Still.

The P30, to me, is the king of polymer self-shuckers. Been eying one my own self. Again. Would be the fourth one I've owned, counting the two P30Ls I've had. But I slightly prefer the L.

I like the LEM, but a guy local to me who is on a first-name basis with Ken Hackathorn doesn't like the LEM, says it's difficult to shoot on-the-move as well as a traditional DA/SA P30. Plus shooting DA/SA guns makes me a better shooter with everything else, in my experience.
Did your friend say why the LEM was harder to shoot on the move?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
04-29-16, 12:35
The reset is the same on both variants, yes. I actually bought my P30L as a V3 but converted it to a V1 (shhhh, don't tell HK).

I agree that the reset is a little longer than I'd like it to be, but I've found when training (I've taken a couple three day classes with it that totaled 3,500 rounds) it was a non-issue. I am planning on taking it to more classes.

I truly appreciate the response

armtx77
04-29-16, 19:56
They swiped the Wilson!!:nono: But, they already arrested one and he is blabbing so maybe it will come back.

w3453l

I am basically agnostic on the 30 vs the 30L. They did not have an L but I have no idea which one I would have picked. Maybe the standard anyway since I plan on surpassing it. But really they are both awesome.

There is no trouble with light mounting. That is really just the 45C and the SK models.

I prefer the VP9 trigger for range work but I like the LEM for defense/administrative handling.

I MAY get the shorter levers if I notice an issue. I am trying to resist to urge to buy them just because I know I like toys.

Take a look at the short reset package for them Greg...4.1. You can check it out over at HKPARTS.

I recently installed one on a P30 and it shortens the reset by about a third.

Of course you may already know this, but I thought I would throw it in the mix.

w3453l
04-29-16, 20:41

w3453l

I see. Good point about the ability to suppress. When I was deciding between P30L and P30 I had CCW in mind, and so I thought the smaller the gun the better. Although the grip size was what would have made concealed carry more difficult vs barrel length. I ended up selling the P30, since I picked up a P2000 and figured a VP9 would cover the place of the P30 as a full size gun. I do wish I still had the P30. I like the VP9, but everytime I take the P2K and VP9 shooting I find myself shooting the P2K far more.

It's a small world though, the P30 went to a member here.

I forgot to add in my original post sorry about your loss. Looks like things are getting sorted out now though that one guy got caught.

donlapalma
04-29-16, 21:09
Is there a decocker on a V1?

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-29-16, 21:20
Don.,

No deckocker.

armtx77 ,,

I have been considering putting the 4.1 LEM kit in my old P2000. It is over 10 years old so I was thinking about refreshing all the springs, night sights, etc. Might as well go through and put in the 4.1 Lem. I am going to keep fooling with the V1 on the P30.

I shot 200 more rounds of White box and 30 more gold dots today. I shot 10 of the Gold dots from concealment(double taps), 5 at the long distance Gongs (target grip). Then I reloaded and weak hand limp wristed the gun (all the way down to one finger grip) for the final 15 rounds. The gun seems to be pretty unflappable.

My range has lots of 50 and 75 yard gongs (I am very lucky) so I have really been refining my trigger control with it.

I did notice something interesting. When drawing on a timer the LEM trigger allows you to draw up the trigger while you press out the gun. I took a class from E. Langdon a few years back and he was pointing out how people who master double action triggers might be faster than folks with single acton or Glock style triggers because they were able to do this rather than having to press out, catch the front sight, then press (or risk ND). I noticed I was able to shave off a bit using this. I had been shooting mostly 1911 the last 3-4 months so it may take a while to really wring all of this out.

w3453l
04-29-16, 21:22
Is there a decocker on a V1?

No. The V1 is LEM, in other words HK's version of DAO. There was a version of the P30 LEM that had a Safety though. I think it was P30S.

Cincinnatus
04-29-16, 22:41
No. The V1 is LEM, in other words HK's version of DAO. There was a version of the P30 LEM that had a Safety though. I think it was P30S.

V0 is an LEM with decocker. It does exist, but mostly in Europe.

Someone remarked that the 4.1 shortens reset. It does not; it reduces pretravel or takeup, but not reset. A Lazywolf or Gray Guns trigger job is needed to reduce reset.

w3453l
04-29-16, 22:44
Thanks I didn't know that.

Ed L.
04-30-16, 00:20
Regarding Gregg's burglary:

HCM,

This is why I am so hate having contractors and such in my home. Can you tell me about the camera system you have?

MountainRaven
04-30-16, 00:29

w3453l

This has been bugging me, so I went and checked it out. Assuming that by "surpassing" you mean "suppressing"... H&K does manufacture an extended, threaded barrel for the P30L.

Just FYI.

SeriousStudent
04-30-16, 01:28
Sorry to hear about the thieves. I hope a slow fire awaits them, and you get your possessions back intact.

domestique
04-30-16, 07:20
This has been bugging me, so I went and checked it out. Assuming that by "surpassing" you mean "suppressing"... H&K does manufacture an extended, threaded barrel for the P30L.

Just FYI.

I think ADCO can extend the P30L barrel (not something I personally would do) but others have done it before third-party and factory HK barrels were available. All of my HK pistols are LEM (other than the VP9). I personally like the aesthetics of the P30L the best and with a WML, but use the P30 with a suppressor.

Reset: I I really like the V1 "light" LEM in the P30 line of pistols, but like the V7 (HK45 & HK45CT) reset better. It's a little heavier pull, but to me the reset is shorter.

*Holsters: a P30L Safariland will fit a P30L, P30 (threaded), VP9 (threaded), and a HK45 compact tactical.

This is a good chart for the P30 line, but gets confusing for the HK45 pistols because V1 is actually DA/SA. HK45 LEM pistols sell as V7 in the US.

http://pics.sneezyfrog.com/QQuRr9N.png

http://pics.sneezyfrog.com/mSlW8rne40Qq.png

RND
04-30-16, 12:20
It is! Both are absolute brick shithouses in my experience (unlike the P30 and P30L, in which case I'd pick the P30 every time). Todd Green's torture test on the HK45 was insane and I wish he had done something like that for the C prior to his untimely passing, as I feel it would have fared nearly as well.

Ordered the compact v7 this morning. Tried to do a lesser model and spend less money.

domestique
04-30-16, 17:01
Ordered the compact v7 this morning. Tried to do a lesser model and spend less money.

The HK45C is one of my favorite HK pistols. I use the Talon rubber grips on mine.

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-01-16, 19:29
200 more rounds down range today. Shot 100 rounds of WWB with light attached. I did all my strong and weak hand shooting with it, and long distance (50-100 yards) gongs to see if the grip variations might cause a bobble--nope.

The rest was fired in various shoot on the move, "compass" drills, etc. My range was being painted so I had to stand down range and sort of ad-lib.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1677/26667519022_2034c9fcb6_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/GCw1jJ)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/GCw1jJ) by stoiclawyer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/52942291@N00/), on Flickr

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1597/26735707506_d1753dd00b_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/GJxuof)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/GJxuof) by stoiclawyer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/52942291@N00/), on Flickr

I have pretty much decided I am going to leave the slide levers as is. With my earlier P30s my grip did occasionally activate the levers (never with VP9) but so far so good.

The trigger is actually pretty good. The only drawback from a combat shooting standpoint might be the longer than typical reset. As I stated before, since I shoot a lot of DA revolver I have long since dropped any reset riding habits. I have noticed it, however, when shooting at very long range (75-100 yards). I also noticed that I had become a little spoiled by the superior ergonomics of the 1911--and now I have to reach a little deeper on the trigger to avoid shooting left.

Sabre675
05-02-16, 09:45
Very Nice Greg. I love HK's.

prq9218
05-02-16, 10:55
I too have a P30 V1 LEM as my bedside gun, trigger took a bit of getting used to, but I love it now.

donlapalma
05-02-16, 11:14
I handled and dry fired a P30 V1 LEM at my LGS this weekend (because of this thread) and liked what I saw and felt. Greg - did I miss why you went with the P30 over a VP9? Was it because you already have the P2000 LEM and wanted to stay with the hammer fired mechanism?

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-02-16, 18:08
I have owned a Vp9 before and I liked it very much. The trigger is flat-out superior to the P30. However, when selecting my beside the bed gun I wanted to put absolute reliability and safety to the forefront. Call me old-fashioned, but I think that hammer-fired pistols are more reliable guns all-around. Further, I wanted the LEM trigger because it allows the simplicity of the so-called "safe-action" style trigger with a bit more margin of actual safety. This is a gun that I will be handling in an emergency so I wanted that. I considered the DA/SA but ultimately I settled on the V1.

WickedWillis
05-02-16, 18:13
I have owned a Vp9 before and I liked it very much. The trigger is flat-out superior to the P30. However, when selecting my beside the bed gun I wanted to put absolute reliability and safety to the forefront. Call me old-fashioned, but I think that hammer-fired pistols are more reliable guns all-around. Further, I wanted the LEM trigger because it allows the simplicity of the so-called "safe-action" style trigger with a bit more margin of actual safety. This is a gun that I will be handling in an emergency so I wanted that. I considered the DA/SA but ultimately I settled on the V1.

Well it sounds like you put the time in and checked all of your boxes Greg. The P30 is an exceptional handgun.

donlapalma
05-02-16, 18:31

Thanks for the response. Makes sense to me.

Nightstalker865
05-02-16, 18:43
I absolutely love the light LEM trigger, but just wish the reset was shorter.

Keep up the updates Greg!

SeriousStudent
05-02-16, 20:51

Someone who's opinion I value very much refers to the LEM as a threat management tool. Since (most) cops point guns at people more often than they shoot people, it makes a lot of sense.

WatchTheWorldBern
05-02-16, 21:26
Someone who's opinion I value very much refers to the LEM as a threat management tool. Since (most) cops point guns at people more often than they shoot people, it makes a lot of sense.

Darryl Bolke (on MSW) used to make that point a few years back about the P30 LEM trigger (and I think I remember Hilton Yam agreeing with him maybe?). Not sure if he still feels that way, but with the trend towards strikers (PPQ, VP9, P320, etc), I can't think of anything new that does what the LEM does.

I found running this gun that the LEM trigger takes some time to get used to. With that said, I also think this is the best trigger system out there for an issue trigger for typical law enforcement personnel. For those doing a lot of people management at gun-point versus straight up gun-fighting, I am of the opinion that having a good bit of initial take up is a good thing. With the LEM, it is very light in this stage, but tactile. I like this. It is not the hot ticket for pure shooting at speed compared with a tuned 1911 or modified Glock, but I have found that a light trigger with limited take up is not a good thing for those with typical minimal law enforcement firearms training.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=1097

MountainRaven
05-05-16, 20:53
Semi-related question: Where can one find a leather OWB holster for a P30L of decent quality and a not-forever wait period?

donlapalma
05-09-16, 19:45
I just brought home a P30 LEM V1. Greg, I'm holding you entirely responsible on this one. :sarcastic:

newyork
05-09-16, 19:54
Although I'm still stuck with 10rds, I'm even considering selling a custom 1911 to buy a P30, P2000 or Hk45 fullsize. Maybe.

newyork
05-10-16, 06:16
Greg, are you finding the texture too rough for iwb on bare skin?

Since HKS 10rd mags are gtg, is this a better idea than an HK45 full size for HD due to cost of ammo and less recoil?

domestique
05-10-16, 06:49
Darryl Bolke (on MSW) used to make that point a few years back about the P30 LEM trigger (and I think I remember Hilton Yam agreeing with him maybe?). Not sure if he still feels that way, but with the trend towards strikers (PPQ, VP9, P320, etc), I can't think of anything new that does what the LEM does.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=1097

He still does. He goes by NYETI on light fighter and pistol forum.

I've talked with him at length on this issue. He is a guy that has been there, done that. He's been in shootings where at the last millisecond, he was able to let up on the trigger and not shoot because the situation changed and the perp complied. He is a big advocate for the LEM and being able to see the hammer moving while pulling the trigger. He feels it gives another visual input that the trigger is being pressed. He is extremely open and willing to talk to anyone. Just pm him for his phone number and he will talk forever on training tips and other issuses related to the LEM system.

FWIW. he uses a P30 as a CCW, P30L as WML platform, and a HK45C when he worked executive protection.

Lunker
05-10-16, 07:38
For anyone that thinks the LEM V1 trigger is too light or has a mushy reset, I put in the stiffer trigger return spring used in the V3 decocker guns (effectively making my V1 a V2). I prefer it this way.

WickedWillis
05-10-16, 10:45
For anyone that thinks the LEM V1 trigger is too light or has a mushy reset, I put in the stiffer trigger return spring used in the V3 decocker guns (effectively making my V1 a V2). I prefer it this way.

Only issue I have ever had is personal preference, and I prefer a shorter reset. The only LEM V1 I have shot extensively is a buddy's P2000