PDA

View Full Version : Caspian Glock Slide

billybronco
04-28-16, 10:37
Soooooooo.......My buddy sent me a box of goodies he wants me to try and sell and lo and behold out popped a SS Caspian slide for a G17.

???

It's beautiful work; however, there's no hole drilled for front sight nor dovetail cut for rear........??

I reckon if my ol' man or anybody else wanted this thing it would have to be sent back to them or another smith to perform said service.

Anybody know what this thing is worth or anybody competent enough besides Caspian to make ready for sights?

Thanks

HeruMew
04-28-16, 12:50
A quick search showed they seemingly only manufacture different length 1911 slides now.

https://www.caspianarms.com/product-category/slides

Not sure the value on that thing, but is there a mounting spot for a red dot/optic? Could have been the intentions of a competition only gun.

JC5188
04-28-16, 14:36
Let's see some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk3mark
04-28-16, 15:17
A quick search showed they seemingly only manufacture different length 1911 slides now.

https://www.caspianarms.com/product-category/slides

Not sure the value on that thing, but is there a mounting spot for a red dot/optic? Could have been the intentions of a competition only gun.

I recall caspian selling blank slides for OEM type builder's to have a canvas to work on.

MountainRaven
04-28-16, 16:14
I recall talking to the local AK guru about the rumor that Caspien was building receivers for Century's Galil "Golani Sporter" builds after they stopped using ORF's dubious quality receivers. He later told me that he called them about it and was told that they would make just about anything one wanted, provided that you were willing to pay and buy in quantity. So it wouldn't surprise me if they had - in fact, I seem to recall seeing some of their Glock slides somewhere at some point, but I'm not 100% on that.

BangBang77
04-28-16, 16:23
I have no idea to the value or date range of manufacture, but Caspian did indeed make aftermarket slides for some Glock models. Between 2000 and 2003, I was heavily involved in USPSA at a local gun club and some of the guys were running Caspian slides on their Glocks. I think I even remember see them in the Dillon Precision catalogs of the day? Or maybe the Brownells Big Book?

I also remember them having slanted cocking serrations, fore and aft, but I don't remember if they had dovetails / holes for sights. MTB has been too long for clear details...

okie john
04-28-16, 16:55
Soooooooo.......My buddy sent me a box of goodies he wants me to try and sell and lo and behold out popped a SS Caspian slide for a G17.

???

It's beautiful work; however, there's no hole drilled for front sight nor dovetail cut for rear........??

After my experiences with Glock sights, I'd seriously consider getting it milled for HK or SIG sights. No little screw to back out...

Okie John

Adam_s
05-01-16, 20:00
Caspian did make Glock Slides for a while. I'd love to get my hands on a Glock 17 sized one even still to this day...

Mr. Greene
05-01-16, 21:51
Ditto, I'd love to have one to complete a build up I'm doing

SPDGG
05-02-16, 08:26
After my experiences with Glock sights, I'd seriously consider getting it milled for HK or SIG sights. No little screw to back out...

fwiw: I don't think there is enough material to cut a dovetail at the front of a Glock slide