PDA

View Full Version : Ip Man 3 (Review)

WillBrink
04-30-16, 18:59
I'm generally of the opinion you seen one Kung Fu movie, you have seen them all, but not so it seems. Ip Man is loosely based on a real person, the Grand Master who Bruce Lee was a student of. This movie has both emotional depth and a plot, and the relationship with his wife is both a key element of the movie (and quite touching in fact), and balances the action well. Donnie Yen shows some subtle but convincing emotional depth, and the love story between he and his wife got me in the feels several times.

‬The martial arts choreography is well done and fun to watch. The characters have depth, and none other than Mike Tyson plays the Boss Man bad guy, and does a fun job of it too. Best way I can describe this movie as Kung Fu with class. B+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7z8c87Egg

Watrdawg
05-02-16, 07:26
I watched this last week and thought it was pretty decent. Actually I've seen all 3 of them. Tyson wasn't too bad either. He'd never win an Academy award but as simple as his role was he didn't do a bad job.

WillBrink
05-02-16, 07:30
I watched this last week and thought it was pretty decent. Actually I've seen all 3 of them. Tyson wasn't too bad either. He'd never win an Academy award but as simple as his role was he didn't do a bad job.

As movies in this genre go, I thought it was well done and found myself enjoying more than would have expected.

Watrdawg
05-02-16, 07:33
Same here. One little thing that I thought was cool was that even when Tyson or one of his people spoke English they still had the subtitles. Didn't make the movie any better or worse but it was paying attention to detail that I liked.