PDA

View Full Version : Spare my friend this mistake

snakedoctor
05-02-16, 22:51
So my buddy sends me this video
http://youtu.be/gpYsmMXl1Wc and is all excited and tells me he's buying one. I spend almost an hour pleading with him not to but I think he has his heart set on one. Please post some reasons/examples to help me help him to not buy this piece of shit.

Iraqgunz
05-02-16, 22:55
I highly doubt anything we can say here is going to help if he won't listen to you. So let him get it and find out on his own. Sometimes the best lessons in life are the ones that are learned the hardway.

boombotz401
05-02-16, 22:58
What's wrong with it?

I don't see the need for it unless your running an OBR type rifle but options with check risers that don't interfere with the charging handle are few and far between.

I would wonder about a good grip with muddy hands though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sevenhelmet
05-02-16, 23:13
Seems like a solution looking for a problem to me, and more cumbersome than a traditional charging handle, but what the hell? At least it won't blow up his rifle. Some guys just want to experiment rather than practice.

KITTEN_FRENZY
05-02-16, 23:23
I'd buy one if it were like 50 bucks.
$137? lol hell no.

Endur
05-03-16, 00:04
Looks tacti-cool, but, I see issues arising like mentioned with mud, water, sweat, etc. I could also see it being bent upwards and/or snapped off, plus debree getting under it causing issues as well. Not to mention far less positive control.

"Seems like a solution looking for a problem to me..." <-- This.

Zirk208
05-03-16, 00:07
Is HABU the new name of UTG/Lepers?

boombotz401
05-03-16, 00:09
I'd buy one if it were like 50 bucks.
$137? lol hell no.

+1 at that price BCM ambi goes on all mine for much less

Ernst
05-03-16, 00:12
If your AR is a toy, why not?

Otherwise...no, just no. No.

daniel87
05-03-16, 05:45
Hell no try and grip that when it or you are wet.

I like my raptor. Its $90, but well worth it to me. As a lefty it is a worth while peace of kit. My only mod to it is rtv for the gas to the face.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Jewell
05-03-16, 06:54
I don't get it? I don't see any problems that it is eliminating. You still have to break your cheek weld to charge the weapon. So to me it looks like a big, awkward, unnecessary, expensive piece of trash, that solves a problem that doesn't exist.

Eurodriver
05-03-16, 07:57
Damn. Your friend can be convinced to spend $137 because of a 22 second video?

Lemme whip something up in Windows Movie Maker real quick....

I don't get it? I don't see any problems that it is eliminating. You still have to break your cheek weld to charge the weapon. So to me it looks like a big, awkward, unnecessary, expensive piece of trash, that solves a problem that doesn't exist.

Umm. Did you see the video? The graphics? Hear the music? That's cool shit to someone that browses Instagram pictures of guns and has never had to carry a gun for a living.

Whytep38
05-03-16, 08:22
Sounds like it's your friend's fantasy ride, and cheaper than tickets to Disney World.

SteveL
05-03-16, 08:32
At least it's just a charging handle. Let him run it for a while and hopefully he'll figure out what a waste of money it is and put a regular charging handle back in.

MegademiC
05-03-16, 08:42
Maybe I have no imagination, but does anyone see an issue trying to clear certain malfunctions with that?

On a personal note, good friends respect each others advice.

titsonritz
05-03-16, 09:02
Did you have to talk him out of a POS $500 AR too?

JC5188
05-03-16, 09:56
With all the attention paid to charging handles, one might think they are used after every shot like a bolt action or a pump.

I mean, get one that you can get a hold of. That's it. I don't understand the CH fetish.

stwings
05-03-16, 10:01
Damn. Your friend can be convinced to spend $137 because of a 22 second video?

Lemme whip something up in Windows Movie Maker real quick....

Umm. Did you see the video? The graphics? Hear the music? That's cool shit to someone that browses Instagram pictures of guns and has never had to carry a gun for a living.

Nailed it! I was going to post a very similar remark.

Kain
05-03-16, 10:06
Going to bounce off what IG posted, chances are nothing we can say will deter the boy. If he isn't willing to learn from the mistakes of others than he is going to have to learn the hard way. Sadly the road to a practical carbine is paved with discarded over priced junk that is of dubious use and cheap shit that is of no use.

officerX
05-03-16, 11:07
Going to bounce off what IG posted, chances are nothing we can say will deter the boy. If he isn't willing to learn from the mistakes of others than he is going to have to learn the hard way. Sadly the road to a practical carbine is paved with discarded over priced junk that is of dubious use and cheap shit that is of no use.

A saying that I got from my dad that his mother told him - "Those who don't listen have to feel."

Ernst
05-03-16, 11:10
If there were ever a more perfect example of a solution in search of a problem, I have no idea what it might be.

MWT
05-03-16, 12:37
That video needs some explosions.

titsonritz
05-03-16, 13:18
"...isn’t just an accessory; it’s a game changing, mission enhancing fix to the AR Platform." (http://www.falcon37.com/) :haha:

boombotz401
05-03-16, 13:23
Can anyone imagine having a stuck bolt and trying to mortar an AR with that thing?

Me either

556BlackRifle
05-03-16, 13:28
They're about a month late for April Fools Day pranks...... Guess it's not a joke.

MWT
05-03-16, 13:29
Can anyone imagine having a stuck bolt and trying to mortar an AR with that thing?

Me either

That or trying to slam the charging handle forward on a brass over bolt.

Nowski87
05-03-16, 13:39
They say that the current charging handle makes it hard to get a good cheek weld. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I don't have that issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

MWT
05-03-16, 13:52
They say that the current charging handle makes it hard to get a good cheek weld. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I don't have that issue.

You clearly do not operate on a game changing level.

I'm surprised that Brownells and BCM are their distributors....
Also some pretty big names in their Advisors section.

Nowski87
05-03-16, 14:05
I guess I don't. Will this replace nose to the charging handle with face to the charging handle?

snakedoctor
05-03-16, 14:07
Thanks for all the replies to the thread guys! I wasn't surprised at all to not see one favorable comment on this piece of garbage. I had my friend read all the comments here and he's decided to go with the BCM Gunfighter CH instead. :cool:

boombotz401
05-03-16, 14:16
Good choice, BCM is my first choice for CH, among many other things

I highly reccomend the ambi

TheNegativeOne
05-03-16, 14:43

I have a $500 AR.

Leuthas
05-03-16, 17:21
I have a $500 AR.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

lunchbox
05-03-16, 17:23
??? It's not like the charging handle is that hard to hit. That price too.
Hey whatever, it's a crime not separate a fool from his money. I do have to give it to company's head of advertising tho.

Outlander Systems
05-03-16, 17:27
Dude.

Here's what I've learned over the years: Let him get it.

Thick-skulled types will eventually figure it out...the hard way.

nml
05-03-16, 17:49
"Hey yall! We heard you complaining about gas to the face ...so we made it gas to the eye!"

I don't understand the CH fetish.They're the dicks of the AR body.

twm134
05-03-16, 18:38
As others have stated already, let him buy it and learn for himself. You cannot force someone to learn.

boombotz401
05-03-16, 18:55
Junk doesn't sell on the EE : )

badness
05-03-16, 19:35
well we definitely know who's not a site sponsor.

Brianb23
05-04-16, 09:43
This is right up there with the Dragon Head muzzle devices and the Skull shaped lower receivers. Next it will be an entire AR shaped like the "shocker" symbol with a dust cover saying "two in the pinky and one in the stinky". Mall ninjas be loosing their minds over this stuff.

Mars attacks...
05-04-16, 10:08
I'll stick with my SCAR and the BCM charging handles I use. Thanks.

Duffy
05-04-16, 15:37
Posted this on TOS. A new idea or product needs to be better, not just different.

For the problems it's supposed to solve, it brings problems of its own, which tips the scale to the negative.

I don't know how it's better than a conventional ambidextrous charging handle, the T shaped handle is easy to use and hard to screw up. Replacing the T handle with what amounts to a cheek piece would give the user less positive, and slip-prone surface area, whereas the T shaped handle is pretty hard for your fingers to lose grip of.

Since it is a cheek piece, regardless of its other function as a charging handle, it changes the dynamic between the shooter and his optics. I'm perfectly happy with my optics the way they're set up, putting a cheek piece there would mess that all up. If your optics are so high that it requires a cheek piece, then this isn't a bad solution, though I'd just get proper mount or rings to address that.

Lastly, it changes the manual of arms. While we can't always let that stop us from creating new products, the pros need to outweigh the cons, to the point that what you gain is so great as to make the negatives negligible.

I like new products and ideas, we're in the business of making things that make weapon systems more user friendly. We're always mindful of the aforementioned scale. If what the new product brings to the table is drowned out by its negatives, the compromises aren't worth making, and there's little point in bringing it to the market, since the part it's supposed to replace is actually superior to the new product.

Live2Gun
05-04-16, 16:54
Looks tacti-cool, but, I see issues arising like mentioned with mud, water, sweat, etc. I could also see it being bent upwards and/or snapped off, plus debree getting under it causing issues as well. Not to mention far less positive control.

"Seems like a solution looking for a problem to me..." <-- This.

These were my first thoughts as well. Looks like it would get very slick. I sure don't wear gloves every time I shoot. Also you can see it flex pretty bad in the video. This is probably the dumbest thing I've seen for the AR.

Jpoe88
05-04-16, 17:06

easy there trigger lol

its kinda cool, but I cant see it being any more practical than a standard CH. and at that, Id rather just use the plain ole CH that they come with.

its cool in the sense of "Huh, never thought of that. Cool idea for sales. Literally for sales. I'm sure they will sell the hell out of them, and end up in the safe of thousands of folks kinda like bump stocks and all that jazz"

What if while the bolt is held open, it slides back and the shooter positions his cheek weld, hits the BAD and looses his beard?

badness
05-04-16, 19:59
Posted this on TOS. A new idea or product needs to be better, not just different.

For the problems it's supposed to solve, it brings problems of its own, which tips the scale to the negative.

I don't know how it's better than a conventional ambidextrous charging handle, the T shaped handle is easy to use and hard to screw up. Replacing the T handle with what amounts to a cheek piece would give the user less positive, and slip-prone surface area, whereas the T shaped handle is pretty hard for your fingers to lose grip of.

Since it is a cheek piece, regardless of its other function as a charging handle, it changes the dynamic between the shooter and his optics. I'm perfectly happy with my optics the way they're set up, putting a cheek piece there would mess that all up. If your optics are so high that it requires a cheek piece, then this isn't a bad solution, though I'd just get proper mount or rings to address that.

Lastly, it changes the manual of arms. While we can't always let that stop us from creating new products, the pros need to outweigh the cons, to the point that what you gain is so great as to make the negatives negligible.

I like new products and ideas, we're in the business of making things that make weapon systems more user friendly. We're always mindful of the aforementioned scale. If what the new product brings to the table is drowned out by its negatives, the compromises aren't worth making, and there's little point in bringing it to the market, since the part it's supposed to replace is actually superior to the new product.

good post. Wonder where i've heard that before.

Livefreeordie92
05-04-16, 21:41
This is right up there with the Dragon Head muzzle devices and the Skull shaped lower receivers. Next it will be an entire AR shaped like the "shocker" symbol with a dust cover saying "two in the pinky and one in the stinky". Mall ninjas be loosing their minds over this stuff.

So you're telling me that you wouldn't spend $80 to put this on the end of your rifle?

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u536/livefreeordie92/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxw2j6hmu.jpeg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/livefreeordie92/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxw2j6hmu.jpeg.html)

Livefreeordie92
05-04-16, 21:43
The people you see buying this gimmicky crap are usually the ones who will invest more into a charging handle or a drop in trigger than their optic.

bloodlord77
05-04-16, 21:49
It's kinda like tits on a bull. 😂

wingspar
05-05-16, 02:02
I haven’t shot my AR much since I put a scope on it, but was shooting paper at 100 yards the other day and realized the stock charging handle was kind of difficult to reach with the scope on the rifle. After going thru this thread, I ordered a BCM Mod 4 Charging Handle.

That video was a good sales pitch for the uneducated. Rickety looking gadget.

TheNegativeOne
05-05-16, 07:24
So you're telling me that you wouldn't spend $80 to put this on the end of your rifle?

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u536/livefreeordie92/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxw2j6hmu.jpeg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/livefreeordie92/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxw2j6hmu.jpeg.html)

Thats sweet, who makes those? I was thinking of cerakoting my rifle green anyway that would be the icing on the cake!

Brianb23
05-05-16, 09:35

I already have two! Haha

Duffy
05-05-16, 10:41
good post. Wonder where i've heard that before.

I'm sure I've said the same thing here or elsewhere before :laugh:

In my old capacity as a Battle Arms partner, I was in the thick of product development up till I left in late 2014. The "solution in search of a problem" sentiment came up more than a few times, directed at some of the products I was 50% responsible for. The 45 degree short throw selector being the prime example.

With my new company, Forward Controls Design, we still hear it from folks now and then. The LDFA (Low Drag Forward Assist) bearing the brunt of that this time. The LDFA was designed specifically for a segment of AR users (lefties, and right hand shooters that have ambi charging harndles). For those that don't fall into that segment, the LDFA isn't much use, but it was not designed for them in the first place. Even so, the manual of arms remains the same, its location and operation remain unchanged, users don't need learn something new that's not already in their muscle memory.

I always pay attention to existing manual of arms, and not change it too drastically. There are plenty of examples of products that are ahead of their time, and failed partially because most people couldn't grasp the use of something they never perceived a need for. And then there are brilliant companies that invent not just the product, but also the need which this product fills.

There are many products that exist only on paper which never made it to prototype, let alone production status, because we think about things like this :jester:

titsonritz
05-05-16, 11:43
With my new company, Forward Controls Design, we still hear it from folks now and then. The LDFA (Low Drag Forward Assist) bearing the brunt of that this time. The LDFA was designed specifically for a segment of AR users (lefties, and right hand shooters that have ambi charging harndles). For those that don't fall into that segment, the LDFA isn't much use, but it was not designed for them in the first place.

...and as a lefty who uses ambi charging handles I thank you. :thank_you2:

titsonritz
05-05-16, 11:45

Honestly I've thought of getting one just for fun.

Duffy
05-05-16, 17:06
I'd like to make one in the shape of a butt with two butt cheeks, the exit hole being the, well, you know, then it'd be fun to take pics of flame coming out of the exit hole :dirol:

KITTEN_FRENZY
05-05-16, 18:31
I'd like to make one in the shape of a butt with two butt cheeks, the exit hole being the, well, you know, then it'd be fun to take pics of flame coming out of the exit hole :dirol:

Why don't you just eat a bunch of mexican food and white castle?

3 AE
05-05-16, 19:02

:lol: Now THAT would be one heck of a Christmas gift! Hmmmm.. what's Hillary Clinton's address?

Spin Drift
05-05-16, 19:09
Looks like a football bat to me.

I'm not feeling it.

Outlander Systems
05-05-16, 19:29
*Payment only accepted in $3 bills.

Looks like a football bat to me.

I'm not feeling it.

badness
05-06-16, 03:46
I'm sure I've said the same thing here or elsewhere before :laugh:

There are many products that exist only on paper which never made it to prototype, let alone production status, because we think about things like this :jester:

Some companies have the right to say that, such as Microsoft.

But others don't. *cough*Disney*cough*.

Rayrevolver
06-14-16, 14:54
Just saw this in a BCM new products email:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/HABU-Mod-1-for-5-56mm-223-p/falcon37-habu-22072.htm

MWT
06-14-16, 15:50
Just saw this in a BCM new products email:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/HABU-Mod-1-for-5-56mm-223-p/falcon37-habu-22072.htm

Time to operate!

boombotz401
06-14-16, 15:53
I'm really surprised BCM is endorsing this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TMS951
06-14-16, 15:58
I'm really surprised BCM is endorsing this

I had to check the calendar and make sure it wasn't April fools day...

JC5188
06-14-16, 16:00
BCM is a company that exists to make money. Just like Colt with the expanse. It shouldn't surprise anyone that this is the case.

TMS951
06-14-16, 16:08
BCM is a company that exists to make money. Just like Colt with the expanse. It shouldn't surprise anyone that this is the case.

The surprise comes the fact they are a company that prides themselves on the integrity of the product they sell. They only sell high quality, useful products.

If it was Cheaper than dirt or Palmetto state armory I wouldn't be surprised.

MWT
06-14-16, 16:09
It does to an extent. BCM was always viewed as that no-bull top quality no expenses spared but not for Instagram Commandoes company. BUT, this is business. And it's just like a BMW rep explained to me, "we make a boring 1.8 diesel city micro van so we have money for R&D and crazy stuff like the M3 GTS"

JC5188
06-14-16, 17:21
The surprise comes the fact they are a company that prides themselves on the integrity of the product they sell. They only sell high quality, useful products.

If it was Cheaper than dirt or Palmetto state armory I wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe they feel that's the case for this product? It's not for me personally, I'll stick with my mod 4. But I'd have to think they've earned the benefit of the doubt, before everyone dismisses this as a total piece of shit.

I will say that I STILL don't understand the CH fetish. The regular ones work fine. Had I not broken one, I wouldn't have the one BCM. (Which is fantastic).

Skyyr
06-14-16, 17:30
I'm skeptical of it. That said, maybe BCM knows something we don't; maybe it works really, really well. I'd be more inclined to try it (or have someone do extensive testing and write an AAR) before drawing a judgment.

TMS951
06-14-16, 18:12
I don't doubt BCM thinks it has merit. But it does surprise they think it does.

The issue I see with it is a change in the manual of arms. This is a point that is not taken lightly on this forum, and with reason.

It to me seems it can't be operated normally, only in this different way. That means all that muscle memory out the window. It means you must train to a different manual of arms. This is an issue for anyone getting high end training on the on an AR.

This is ultimately my issue. It may work well as designed. That does not mean it works well as we are taught to use an AR. I find a standardized manual of arms on a standardized rifle to be valuable.

We have things like ambi controls, but they don't change those standard controls, this does.

Eurodriver
06-14-16, 18:15
By combining the charging handle and cheek rest HABU™ Mod 1 not only accelerates and improves operation of the AR platform, it looks BAD-ASS… like it belongs there! Using Major v.s. minor motor skills

Is that what the AR world has come to?

Using your hand is still a fine motor skill, fyi.

titsonritz
06-14-16, 18:54
I don't buy everything BCM sells.

556BlackRifle
06-14-16, 20:10
I had to check and yes, it is for sale at BCM's site. I'm sure Pat McNamara would have a few choice words for that abomination.

joeyjoe
06-14-16, 20:19
good grief...the Falcon 37 propaganda is absurd. Ill take a zero.

Secondarily, unless I'm missing something, BCM has in no way endorsed this product. BCM, for years, sold DPMS LPKs. BCM never endorsed DPMS LPKs.

boombotz401
06-14-16, 20:22
good grief...the Falcon 37 propaganda is absurd. Ill take a zero.

Secondarily, unless I'm missing something, BCM has in no way endorsed this product. BCM, for years, sold DPMS LPKs. BCM never endorsed DPMS LPKs.

I don't think it's much of endorsing a product rather than BCM has a certain quality standard we all know and expect

this is more of some silly novelty nobody needs, doesn't fit BCMs image

It's like Trijicon selling Simmons scopes on there site

MegademiC
06-14-16, 20:47
I had to check and yes, it is for sale at BCM's site. I'm sure Pat McNamara would have a few choice words for that abomination.

I really want to see him do a review, or even just watch him see one for the first time.

That said, bcm makes great stuff, but the store is to make money. I will never buy one, but I hope they sell truck loads. More power to them.

They also sell mi and stag stuff. That said, does anyone have experience with it?

joeyjoe
06-14-16, 20:56
@boombotz:
I get what you are saying, and it is a bit strange that BCM would slap this, of all things, on their website. However, its important to draw a distinction between putting one's name behind a product and putting something up for sale on one's website. Again, virtually no one said anything about the DPMS LPKs that BCM has had up for years.
Perhaps Paul has a buddy involved with the product? HA!

556BlackRifle
06-14-16, 21:04
I really want to see him do a review, or even just watch him see one for the first time.

That said, bcm makes great stuff, but the store is to make money. I will never buy one, but I hope they sell truck loads. More power to them.

They also sell mi and stag stuff. That said, does anyone have experience with it?

Sadly he's no longer with us. Just sure he would've said it like it is - like no one else. RIP.

My dad used to say a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place. True that!

boombotz401
@boombotz:
I get what you are saying, and it is a bit strange that BCM would slap this, of all things, on their website. However, its important to draw a distinction between putting one's name behind a product and putting something up for sale on one's website. Again, virtually no one said anything about the DPMS LPKs that BCM has had up for years.
Perhaps Paul has a buddy involved with the product? HA!

My guess is BCM took a nice cut for the "advertisement" of the new brand

In all reality it's pretty smart on the charging handles creator, being on a site like BCM will get sales for the name alone "if BCM sells it its gotta be good!"

Business is business can't knock either one, I just expect better needless charging handle today pointless magwell grip tomorrow is what changes reputations

That being said I support BCM made products 100% and there my go to for AR parts

TMS951
I take anything BCM puts on thier site as thier endorsement of it.

I own a automotive business. I won't sell anything I won't stand behind. I consider everything I sell as a representation of my business and its integrity.

I've always considered BCM to take the same stance.

Stag parts are made by CMT which as I understand it is related to Colt or makes parts for them. Don't know about DPMS lpk, but I don't think BCM would sell them if they were junk. I've always been pleased with my MI stuff.

C4IGrant
06-14-16, 21:43
I take anything BCM puts on thier site as thier endorsement of it.

I own a automotive business. I won't sell anything I won't stand behind. I consider everything I sell as a representation of my business and its integrity.

I've always considered BCM to take the same stance.

Stag parts are made by CMT which as I understand it is related to Colt or makes parts for them. Don't know about DPMS lpk, but I don't think BCM would sell them if they were junk. I've always been pleased with my MI stuff.

No CMT and Colt.

C4

Endur
06-14-16, 22:06
Sadly he's no longer with us. Just sure he would've said it like it is - like no one else. RIP.

My dad used to say a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place. True that!

I am pretty sure McNamara is still alive..

Zirk208
06-14-16, 22:46
When my email arrived today, I had to double take and confirm that what I was looking at for sale from BCM was really this. I immediately thought of this thread and the beating the product took. Seems like many others did the same.

556BlackRifle
06-15-16, 00:42
I am pretty sure McNamara is still alive..

You're right. Could've swore he was in a fatal traffic accident. Glad I'm wrong and my deepest apologies to Mr McNamara.

cd228
06-15-16, 02:40
You're right. Could've swore he was in a fatal traffic accident. Glad I'm wrong and my deepest apologies to Mr McNamara.

You might be confusing him with John Noveske.

I'm not sure that PAT MAC can be killed, he's kind of like a hyper velocity superman. I mean his drills involve shooting a few rounds, climb a 30 foot tower, push a truck, wrestle a gator, reload and shoot more rounds. He takes kettle bells to the range.

556BlackRifle
06-15-16, 10:40

I'm not sure that PAT MAC can be killed, he's kind of like a hyper velocity superman. I mean his drills involve shooting a few rounds, climb a 30 foot tower, push a truck, wrestle a gator, reload and shoot more rounds. He takes kettle bells to the range.

After several days with little sleep I obviously confused him with someone but for sure, not John Noveske.

Kain
06-15-16, 11:39
After several days with little sleep I obviously confused him with someone but for sure, not John Noveske.

Thinking Pat Rogers maybe? He recently passed. Not in an accident though.

JC5188
06-15-16, 12:01

One of the scariest beings on the planet.

cd228
06-15-16, 12:46
Hmm, the only Instructor I can think of who died in a car accident lately was Jim Cirillo. But, I don't think you would mistake him for Pat Mac.

You doing ok?

titsonritz
06-15-16, 16:13
Hmm, the only Instructor I can think of who died in a car accident lately was Jim Cirillo. But, I don't think you would mistake him for Pat Mac.

You doing ok?

Lately? That was almost a decade ago.

cd228
06-15-16, 16:18
Lately? That was almost a decade ago.
Yeah, 2007.

badness
10-27-16, 11:53
Some companies have the right to say that, such as Microsoft.

But others don't. *cough*Disney*cough*.

i retract my previous statement. Microsoft don't have the right to say that.

Jewell
10-27-16, 12:37
For what it's worth, Dakota Meyer is endorsing this thing. I told him my thoughts on it. He disagreed.

badness
10-27-16, 22:47
For what it's worth, Dakota Meyer is endorsing this thing. I told him my thoughts on it. He disagreed.

well at least we know he's got a little experience eh? lmao.

Jewell
10-28-16, 08:51
well at least we know he's got a little experience eh? lmao.

I have all the respect in the world for the man, but that doesn't mean I agree with him on everything. This Habu was made by a Marine who Dakota just so happens to be buddies with. Of course he's going to endorse it. You know another Marine who endorses this? Paul Buffonni. Well, it's for sale on the BCM website anyhow. As a Marine myself, I love supporting other Marines, and what they do, but I just honestly can't really get behind this one.

Endur
10-28-16, 09:41

A late reply, but I do not think he can either. Pat Mac doesn't pour Wheaties into his milk, he pours superheroes.

3M-TA3
10-28-16, 10:24
Interesting to see how this holds up in real world engagements. It seems to me like any kind of wet muddy slippery conditions are asking for trouble, but I may be wrong. Not likely to switch from the standard charging handle beyond ambi's even if this proves to have merit - too much ingrained muscle memory.

KeithTexas
11-07-16, 13:52
With all the attention paid to charging handles, one might think they are used after every shot like a bolt action or a pump.

I mean, get one that you can get a hold of. That's it. I don't understand the CH fetish.

I'm left-handed, so I like/need an ambi CH (Raptors on most of my ARs)

If the spring side of your standard CH was on the right, would you consider an ambi or left side CH "a fetish"?

JC5188
11-07-16, 14:17
I'm left-handed, so I like/need an ambi CH (Raptors on most of my ARs)

If the spring side of your standard CH was on the right, would you consider an ambi or left side CH "a fetish"?

Yeah...I'm not on the CH much.

What about a stock CH makes it magically unusable for lefties?

JC5188
11-07-16, 14:22
Deleted