PDA

View Full Version : SOB Condom Holsters!

Swobe1
05-03-16, 08:40
Morning! Anyone have any experience with these? I'm looking to get one for my P07. I currently run a Raven Phantom with the IWB softloops, and it works okay, but I want something a little lower profile. I'm not sure of the ride height on the condom's. I've got a little bigger meat hooks so trying to make sure I can get my fingers around the grip and clear my belt at the same time. Any info from anybody with experience would be great. Thanks!

http://www.sobmanswag.com/products/custome-leather-condom-holster-black-right-handed-includes-shipping

ramairthree
05-03-16, 09:20
I could use one for appendix carry.

Mythos
05-05-16, 13:14
Hey there.

I have been rocking the condom holster for about half a year now. With a Glock 19. I gotta say, most versatile little holster I've ever used. SUPER low profile, incredibly comfortable. I got it to replace my Incog which dug into my stomach. I've found that when carried appendix I just have to nudge it a few degrees on my draw and I can get a positive grip no problem and since the P-07 has the same general profile as the 19 I don't see any issues. Under a tshirt it disappears. Spring steel clip is great. I like how I can easily reposition it without hassle and if you need to unass the gun fast or just have to pop it out holster and all if you need to go into a non permissive space you can do it without undue movement and without drawing attention. Like you, when I go OWB I carry my 19 in a Raven Phantom. Those 2 holsters cover the majority of my carry needs. One word of advice... When I first got mine it was tighter than teenage... ummm. it was tight. I say this because I run into a lot of guys at the range who never used old school leather and only have used kydex. So I did my old trick of wrapping the gun in plastic wrap and working it in and out. Trouble was I grabbed the clip and stretched the leather at the clip housing when I pulled hard. Gave it a bit of wriggle (totally my bad) If you do get one. Follow John McPhee's advice and grab the whole holster when you work it in and out and you should be gtg.

HeruMew
05-06-16, 10:08
Got me interested in these types of holsters now.

I haven't been an IWB guy because of some the issues, that the SOB sounds to fix, and may try giving it another go.

Swobe1
05-06-16, 10:39
Hey there.

I have been rocking the condom holster for about half a year now. With a Glock 19. I gotta say, most versatile little holster I've ever used. SUPER low profile, incredibly comfortable. I got it to replace my Incog which dug into my stomach. I've found that when carried appendix I just have to nudge it a few degrees on my draw and I can get a positive grip no problem and since the P-07 has the same general profile as the 19 I don't see any issues. Under a tshirt it disappears. Spring steel clip is great. I like how I can easily reposition it without hassle and if you need to unass the gun fast or just have to pop it out holster and all if you need to go into a non permissive space you can do it without undue movement and without drawing attention. Like you, when I go OWB I carry my 19 in a Raven Phantom. Those 2 holsters cover the majority of my carry needs. One word of advice... When I first got mine it was tighter than teenage... ummm. it was tight. I say this because I run into a lot of guys at the range who never used old school leather and only have used kydex. So I did my old trick of wrapping the gun in plastic wrap and working it in and out. Trouble was I grabbed the clip and stretched the leather at the clip housing when I pulled hard. Gave it a bit of wriggle (totally my bad) If you do get one. Follow John McPhee's advice and grab the whole holster when you work it in and out and you should be gtg.
Awesome, exactly what I was wanting to hear. I know he makes good stuff and knows what works, but I like to hear from people using it. Thank you for the info!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mks204
05-06-16, 11:16
I have one of the tuck-able ones for a Glock 19. It seems to be well made and I do like the ease of moving/removing.

I haven't worn it much though, I think the tuck-able feature adds too much thickness to the holster...wish I would have gone with the standard one, still might some day.

Swobe1
05-10-16, 10:24
Sorry been slow to respond or update, been crazy at work. I ordered one today so looking forward to getting it and trying it out.

gamc
05-11-16, 18:12
I have one for a 19 and one for a 17 simply put I am damn near 6 decades old ,have been carrying pretty regular since my 20's and have a 7 gallon bucket full of "state of the art " holsters across the time span I have tried and quit on . The SOB is the best piece of kit I have used in years , Use one everyday. The thing I like most is easy on and off and for me is comfortable from 4 0'clock to 12 even with my "investment"
Hope that helps

tucsonan
05-11-16, 22:40
I've used one for about 6 months. I carry a Glock 19 AIWB. This is a fantastic holster. The only concern I had before purchase was the fear that I would have difficulty holstering. I have found that is just rigid enough (mouth of the holster) that I can re-holster without difficulty. Trigger finger discipline being paramount. Buy with confidence.

CalmlyDeMented
05-12-16, 11:23
I'm carrying a g43 in one now. My thoughts after wearing it 12 hours a day for a week are below.

Pros: Comfort of leather, no hard edges like some kydex holsters.
Easy on and off with the clip attachment, seems stable enough too.

Cons: Sweat guard is bigger than it needs to be. Sure it is comfortable, but smaller would allow a better grip. I'll be trimming this to let me get my hand higher for my draw.
Leather is slower than kydex.
Conceals fine since it is a tiny glock, any bigger and I think the grip would print some.

It works fine for my application with the tiny glock, but I will not be using it for larger handguns. I like the comfort of leather and its nice to be able to remove it easily if needed. However, it does not tuck the grip in. For a larger pistol, I will stick with JM Custom AIWB with a split kydex loop and the extra tuck.

Flankenstein
05-12-16, 11:29
It's called the condom holster why?

mcnabb100
05-12-16, 14:11
It's called the condom holster why?39443

Swobe1
06-11-16, 19:49
Sorry about reviving this dead thread. It's my fault I've been absent; work was a nightmare ever since Easter. Thanks for all the info, pics, and advice. Still waiting for it to get here!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk