PDA

View Full Version : CZ Handgun Magazine Compatability

SnfulKing
05-04-16, 18:35
I have recently made the decision to purchase the full size CZ 75 SP-01 in 9mm luger. Having shot CZ before but not knowing much about them, I was curious if the magazines for the 9mm full size 75 SP-01 were compatible will the compact 9mm P-07 and P-09 series handguns. If so awesome, I only need to purchase one style of magazine.

Any experience or knowledge on the subject is more than welcome!

Kenneth
05-04-16, 19:15
No they are not. The P series mags are different and more expensive for sure.

If your wanting an SP01 I would recommend the Shadow as a starting point.

If you want polymer the P09 is great as well.

I have shot both and have 20k or so through my shadow custom. Awesome pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnfulKing
05-05-16, 22:16
Would you happen to know if they are compatible with other compact handguns? Not limited to the 07 or 09 series. I am always open to trying different different handguns.

As for the shadow, would absolutely love to own one, but likely not to happen due to budgets.

Kenneth
05-05-16, 22:45
The P series mags are only compatible with P series guns. If you get a sp01 then the mags are compatible with the P01.

ramairthree
05-06-16, 01:56
What about the standard CZ 75, 75B, and BD?

I have seen old 75s with the curved trigger guard and not drop free.

And the newer ones that do.

Like, a friend showed me a CZ 75BD that was not new, but had the straight front trigger guard, so I thought it would take new magazines.
But he said it was an A and B magazine fun.

FFS,
Every time I decide to get a CZ this comes up.
Or I see and like the stainless CZ75,
But they say it does not come in BD.

Kenneth
05-06-16, 04:52
I do not know. All I have is a shadow and a P01. I don't want to say they will work and lead you in the wrong direction.

Also had a P07 and awaiting a P09 to arrive.

Sam
05-06-16, 05:56
Lots of confusing and not quite accurate responses.

The CZ 75/SP01 magazines WILL fit and FEED in the polymer 07, they will stick out of the bottom of the grip about 1/2". I have used them for practice and training, so has many others. But I don't use them for carry, I only use actual 07 magazines for that purpose. Conversely, the 07 magazines will not work in the 75/SP pistols.

That's the only first hand experience that I have.

I do not know if the 75/SP magazines will fit in the polymer 09, or vice versa.

Kenneth
05-06-16, 09:04
Lots of confusing and not quite accurate responses.

The CZ 75/SP01 magazines WILL fit and FEED in the polymer 07, they will stick out of the bottom of the grip about 1/2". I have used them for practice and training, so has many others. But I don't use them for carry, I only use actual 07 magazines for that purpose. Conversely, the 07 magazines will not work in the 75/SP pistols.

That's the only first hand experience that I have.

I do not know if the 75/SP magazines will fit in the polymer 09, or vice versa.

Mine would not work but after some Google it's a 50/50 chance. The SP mags are thinner and will fallout the P07. I guess I had one that they wouldn't work on. At any rate if you get some that work I would not use them for anything but range duty.

Sorry if I mislead any of you. I just went on my experience with one example of P07.

bigmatt
05-07-16, 20:57
Owner of P-07, P-09, P-01, and SP-01 here. The factory SP-01 and Mec-Gar full size or compact mags lock in and function fine in a P-07, but as mentioned before carry P07 mags as they do wobble since they are thinner. The SP-01 mags have a longer body and will function in a P-09, but not with the stock base pads. I have the rubber CZ base pads on my Sp-01 factory mags and they work fine for range mags in the P-09. All of the factory or CZ full size mags fit in all the compacts (Pcr, P-01 and Compact. A 16 round Mec-Gar mag with the SP-01 base pads makes a great extended mag for the 75B based compacts. If you own a 75B gun dont buy factory CZ mags, get the Mec-Gars and save yourself a bunch of money for more ammo.