PDA

View Full Version : Best Place To Get Carrier Staked?

BushmasterFanBoy
08-25-08, 16:15
I have two Bushmaster's that I've run a considerable number of rounds through them. As most of you know here I'm certainly no fan of Bushmaster, but these guns were bought before I knew better. They seem fine right now, but I want to have the added insurance that they are properly staked.

So, where is the best place to have this done?

I appreciate the information!

LOKNLOD
08-25-08, 16:28
I think Grant used to do it. I'd give him a holler.

BushmasterFanBoy
08-25-08, 16:29
I think Grant used to do it. I'd give him a holler.

I sent him a PM, but I think he is too busy to get back.

spring1271
08-25-08, 16:32
Buy a MOACKS and do your own . And this way you have the tool when you need it!!

rmecapn
08-25-08, 16:45
I have a MOACKS. I'd be happy to do it. You just pay shipping both ways. PM me if you're interested.

mndfusion
08-26-08, 01:49
I'm no expert but it seems like one could use a large C-clamp and some homemade tools. Maybe sharpen some steel you find in a junk yard sharpen the steel on a grinder or maybe even cut the ends off a chizzle, then fix the pieces to your C-clamp, am I wrong in thinking this???

OldNavyGuy
08-26-08, 10:08
I'm no expert but it seems like one could use a large C-clamp and some homemade tools. Maybe sharpen some steel you find in a junk yard sharpen the steel on a grinder or maybe even cut the ends off a chizzle, then fix the pieces to your C-clamp, am I wrong in thinking this???

""am I wrong in thinking this???"" NO ! you may be on to something that needs a little improvement.

mndfusion
08-26-08, 15:32
http://i37.tinypic.com/w1su8.jpg
cool, well here is another Idea I had, one guy could hold it and another could tap the tool end with a hammer, unless your hee-man and just want to squeeze the handle end. Those are just some old Clippers.

Kurt Reifert
08-26-08, 16:34
A small punch and a hammer will get it done.

GONIF
08-26-08, 16:44
in a pinch a small punch and a hammer will work,but finding someone with a Moacks near you would be better . If your carefull you can even make a punch job look good .:D

PRGGodfather
08-26-08, 18:19
I have a MOACKS, too -- so you have plenty on this board who will help you out. You just have to handle the shipping.

Mark/MO
08-26-08, 19:20
Grant did mine. Inexpensive and quick turnaround.

BushmasterFanBoy
08-26-08, 19:24
I tried to punch it, but in the end, I decided I'd better be safe than sorry, and sent it out to get it MOAXED. Hopefully, it will be back soon, I don't have a functional AR at the moment.:( I was happy with the "stake" job that came with them, but one carrier key finally gave up the ghost after a few years and no less than 5,000 rounds. Any movement is too much movement for me, the other was going strong, but why take chances?

When they get back, they should be good as, er better than, new. :D

bgoode
08-27-08, 07:17
I used an old handless hatchet head and a 4lb hammer. Didn't take much. If it ever fails, I guess time will tell.