PDA

View Full Version : Aero Precision AC-15

Livefreeordie92
05-06-16, 17:49
Before I begin here, I am in no way interested in buying this rifle, I already own a few BCMs and will pay for quality brands. However, I'm sure you all have been in the situation where someone you know asks for your input and won't spend what it takes to get a BCM or a 6920. More so, they just want to hear your approval for a sub par product they are interested in. Aero Precision has recently released this rifle to compete in the category of the M&P Sport and other entry level ARs. However, unlike all those others, the specs actually check out, and Aero is already known to be a legit company. So I'm interested in everyone's opinion, do you all think that this just may be the first sub $650 rifle worth looking at? The only things I'd be leery of is the gas port size and the gas key staking. I've seen a picture of one Aero BCG and it didn't have the deep staking that you'd see on a BCM, Colt or DD, more so like on a PSA. That and I'm guessing they are shipping with 3.0 oz. carbine buffers.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ac-15-5-56mm-16-mid-length-rifle-prod82606.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=AERO+PRECISION

boombotz401
05-06-16, 17:52
Aero makes good stuff, I wouldn't hesitate picking one up if I was in the market for an entry level AR.

the markets down right now and it's the time to buy, market prices are reflecting that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABNAK
05-06-16, 18:01
Everyone seems to be going with the QPQ nitride instead of chrome lining these days. Not a bad deal but for $200 more you can get a Colt 6720. I think I'd "pony" up (pun intended) the extra scratch if it was me but most of the boxes seem to be checked with this Aero gun.

Slvr Surfr
05-08-16, 23:32
I was not impressed with a friends AP OEM rifle. Lots of corners cut with the important details. Try the search button to see other threads about AP rifles. If you don't want to be wrenching on a new rifle buy a colt.

GH41
05-09-16, 15:23
Looks like the AP carbine linked to doesn't ship with a magazine or rear sight. I have nothing against AP but at that price it's not a deal.