PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6720CH?

Gumier6
05-07-16, 04:03
Does anyone know if Colt has started to make a 6720 variant that comes with a removable carry handle?

JasonB1
05-07-16, 07:05
Looks like most models stopped including the detachable carry handle and switched over to the Magpul MBUS rear.

Gumier6
05-07-16, 08:12
Yeah, I believe they also used to come with a Rogers Superstock and Matech (sp.?) BUIS at some point too, though this was before my time. For the last couple years I think they've been coming with standard M4 style stocks and Magpul BUIS.

However, I've seen a couple websites recently with the description of "6720CH" and the mention of carrying handle, so I'm thinking Colt for whatever reason decided to make at least a limited run of 6720s with carrying handles standard in late 2015/early 2016. I'm just trying to confirm if this is the case (rifle in question is indeed a 6720 and not something else like the 6920 or Expanse) and if the carrying handle is removable. I'm not even going to call/email the sites I've seen the product listed since both are known to have picture/description discrepancies.

Zirk208
05-07-16, 11:43
I wouldn't discount the notion that they might just be using old stock photos/descriptions from when everything came with a carry handle.
There are still plenty of images of 6920'2 still with carry handles, old stocks, new stocks, Rogers Super Stoc's, and everything in between.

delg5754
05-28-16, 10:35
I have seen a few 6720 with carrying handles, they appear to be new and most were in the $850 to $925 price range here in MI, on the east side gun shops they are appear to be standard versions with Magpul BUIS and in west side of the state several gun shops have the carrying handle version, all appear to come with Magpul magazines.

jstalford
05-28-16, 14:17
Seems like there's a new one that does have carry handle. Showing in stock on a couple sites that didn't have it before and specifically says with carry handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotter260
06-02-16, 10:15
Seems like there's a new one that does have carry handle. Showing in stock on a couple sites that didn't have it before and specifically says with carry handle.

Can you share links?

Thank you.

jstalford
06-02-16, 10:46
https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/Ar6720ch?mobile=true