PDA

View Full Version : Best Post Ban upper?

JB-NY
08-25-08, 20:04
Any thoughts on the best Post Ban complete upper for $600 +/-?

the most common, almost only, one I have found is the Stag for $495.
The seem not to be too popular on this site, so I was wondering If I spent a little more if I can do better.

Lower will be Stag w/CMT stag LPK and Mil Spec Magpul CYR (pinned for NYBSRules)

Thanks for any input.

Jeffy
08-25-08, 20:15
Start here; https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7355

boltcatch
08-25-08, 21:33
After that... You might well be able to score a lightly used post-ban upper for like $350, since those of us in free states have such a hard time getting rid of the things.

JB-NY
08-25-08, 22:03
Thanks, I have looked at the info.
I was wondering if there was a company that may not have the "big name"
but puts out a quality upper? Del-ton, Double Star, any good?
or is there a retail company that will work with someone that is stuck behind enemy lines? Like I said I have only found Stag Post Ban Uppers at several sites and 1 Post Ban from Del-Ton.

thanks,

jb

skyugo
08-25-08, 23:11
most companies will make an upper ban compliant for you..

CMMG permanently affixed my muzzle brake and ground off my bayo lug for like 35 bucks i think :confused: did a nice job too. finished over the weld and grinding.

alternatively, you can just order the upper as is, and make it ban compliant yourself. dremel off the lug and weld/pin/silver solder (per BATFE specs of course) the muzzle brake. as long as it's not on a lower you're legal.

ps-i am not a lawyer. you are responsible for complying for all state and fed laws, bla bla bla.

Veracity
08-26-08, 21:14
Any thoughts on the best Post Ban complete upper for $600 +/-?

the most common, almost only, one I have found is the Stag for $495.
The seem not to be too popular on this site, so I was wondering If I spent a little more if I can do better.

Lower will be Stag w/CMT stag LPK and Mil Spec Magpul CYR (pinned for NYBSRules)

Thanks for any input.

Email me, bro.