PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1...

Digital_Damage
05-09-16, 20:06
I'm not much of a "gamer" but it was suggested to me while I was laid up, got a new pc and start playing a little again.

I'm not going to lie, this gave me chills

https://youtu.be/c7nRTF2SowQ

SurplusShooter
05-09-16, 20:30
I'm really excited to see the focus on WW1.

I'm a big fan of the "original" Battlefield 1942 style gameplay. Looking forwards to a well done WW1 style with land / sea / air vehicles play.

Sent from my Commodore 64

_Stormin_
05-09-16, 20:31
I'm really intrigued by the horse cavalry... This could get interesting.

SurplusShooter
05-09-16, 20:32
From C&R Arsenal: "The guns of Battlefield 1"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UEGn45WdDW4

Firefly
05-09-16, 20:44
Not much into these newer fangled vidya games but gacking krauts with a Webley or a Krag seems more interesting than space crap or yet more Seal Team 6 mumbo jumbo.

And I never thought I'd think that. I need a new PC. There's also supposed to be a new Vietnam War game coming out with tiger stripes, Swedish Ks, and CCR.

Kenneth
05-09-16, 20:45
I have a pretty nice gaming PC I built last year and can not wait for this game. I was a hardcore console gamer but wanted to play battlefield on PC. Needless to say I built my PC when battlefield 4 was slowing down. This will be the first big game I get on PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koshinn
05-09-16, 22:39
Looks good. Played a couple hundred hours of BF4, will probably do the same in BF1.

Kenneth
05-09-16, 22:40
Looks good. Played a couple hundred hours of BF4, will probably do the same in BF1.

When it comes out we should squad up. You on PC?

Koshinn
05-09-16, 22:56
When it comes out we should squad up. You on PC?

Yep.

Skhmt on battlelog/origin.

cwgibson
05-09-16, 23:40
Battlefield is the only game I play besides Madden. I will tag along for updates and if anyone plays on PS4 let me know.

MountainRaven
05-09-16, 23:47
I'm really intrigued by the horse cavalry... This could get interesting.

Looked very Lawrence of Arabia to me, so I'm guessing that's going to be part of a campaign in the Middle-East. I'm wondering if maybe the game will start with Gallipoli in 1915, move to the Arabian campaign (with T. E. Lawrence, &c.) in 1916, then to the Western European front in 1917 (with the first use in battle of tanks), a brief mission or series of missions as Manfred von Richthofen in 1917-1918, and then the AEF lands in Western Europe (perhaps with obligatory Belleau Wood?), and then the war (and the game) ends. Maybe with a final level set on 11 November 1918, where the player is mortally wounded moments before 11:00 am and dies shortly after the war ends.

skijunkie55
05-10-16, 07:56
And just when I had successfully cut down my gaming hours to one night every other week, DICE has to go and make old school battlefield again...

HCrum87hc
05-10-16, 09:27
Looks good to me. I'm glad they're mixing it up and moving away from the post modern stuff that CoD is into these days. Feel free and send me a request on the PS4 under the same username. I'm currently playing The Division and BF4.

WickedWillis
05-10-16, 11:04
I am an avid Battlefield player, and I am really looking forward to this. It's a big risk on EA's end, but I think the timing is perfect and it looks like they are doing it the correct way. Feel free to add me on PSN Willis2515 or XBL WillisInChains

Digital_Damage
05-10-16, 15:36
I am an avid Battlefield player, and I am really looking forward to this. It's a big risk on EA's end, but I think the timing is perfect and it looks like they are doing it the correct way. Feel free to add me on PSN Willis2515 or XBL WillisInChains

I really am going to have to avoid the urge to grief all of you putting up your names... it is SOOOOOO tempting :)

WickedWillis
05-10-16, 15:43
I really am going to have to avoid the urge to grief all of you putting up your names... it is SOOOOOO tempting :)

That's pretty funny lol

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-10-16, 17:01
The new COD looks awful....look at their dislikes on their trailer on youtube lol.

BF1 looks amazing. I just switched from 1MBPS to 175MBPS for the first time. I will actually be able to play online!

Firefly
05-10-16, 17:18
I just want to play as a renegade soldier in Arabia with an Enfield while blasting Siouxsie Sioux's Arabian Knights

mkmckinley
05-10-16, 18:09
This looks great. The thing that makes Battlefield games great is the ability of the player to put together a plan and execute it including infil, actions on the objective, and exfil. You can set up ambushes, movement to contact, stuff like that. Most FPS just have actions on the objective without much depth beyond that. The setting of BF1 looks like it will really facilitate devious and fun tactics beyond just "they're in that building, go attack it". Also, horses and flamethrowers.

ForTehNguyen
05-10-16, 19:19
BF1 trailer got more youtube likes in 2 hours than Call of Duty in Infinite Warfare did in 5 days

t1tan
05-11-16, 01:11
Looked very Lawrence of Arabia to me, so I'm guessing that's going to be part of a campaign in the Middle-East. I'm wondering if maybe the game will start with Gallipoli in 1915, move to the Arabian campaign (with T. E. Lawrence, &c.) in 1916, then to the Western European front in 1917 (with the first use in battle of tanks), a brief mission or series of missions as Manfred von Richthofen in 1917-1918, and then the AEF lands in Western Europe (perhaps with obligatory Belleau Wood?), and then the war (and the game) ends. Maybe with a final level set on 11 November 1918, where the player is mortally wounded moments before 11:00 am and dies shortly after the war ends.

There is actually a Lawrence of Arabia DLC pack scheduled for the game with the season pass.

Very excited to play another big Battlefield title after Hardline was such a disappointment. Going to look amazing with my TITAN X and 34" Ulta-wide 21:9.

Vegas
05-11-16, 02:44
Trailer looks good and is something different for sure. I'm still waiting for an original Call of Duty remake personally. I wasted a lot of hours playing that back in the day.

Eurodriver
05-11-16, 06:38
Aside from FIFA on a friend's Xbox a few times, I haven't played a video game since I started high school so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding something...

...but is the actual game going to be anything like that trailer? That trailer looked more like a movie from a 3rd person perspective. What would the actual game play look like?

t1tan
05-11-16, 10:44
Aside from FIFA on a friend's Xbox a few times, I haven't played a video game since I started high school so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding something...

...but is the actual game going to be anything like that trailer? That trailer looked more like a movie from a 3rd person perspective. What would the actual game play look like?

Depends on what you're playing on, as far as console, PS4 is more powerful than the XBOX One which usually has games released around 900P. The PS4 is getting a new version this fall capable of running games at a higher resolution and sustained fps that will look even better for a console. When it comes to PC, the graphics card mostly determines that, but newer enthusiast grade cards will look very close. This is the same studio that released Star Wars Battlefront last year which looks as amazing in game as it does in trailers.

Nvidias newest card just announced, the GeForce 1080 has an msrp of $599, if anybody is serious about PC gaming, getting a REALLY good setup is getting cheaper every year. My EVGA TITAN X SC was about $1100 last year, still "better" than the 1080 in many aspects but the 1080 has the newest chip architecture with much faster core clock and mem clock.

Also, display tech is advancing quickly allowing for higher fps and overall picture quality and color accuracy.

Rayrevolver
05-11-16, 10:57

I have been out of the loop for a while but the older boy got a PS4 last Christmas and the Star Wars Battlefront game looks pretty damn good.

I was hooked on BF1942 and then on the Desert Combat mod, BF Vietnam, and a few after. Its too expensive to keep up with computer hardware so I am not sure my rig will run BF1 at any respectable resolution. I am tempted to get it for the PS4...maybe bring it with me on my next work trip!

EDIT: Dang people, this doesn't come out until October! I have a 2 week trip soon, maybe a good opportunity to play Fallout 4. Probably have a child revolution if I take the PS4 on a trip.

Jer
05-11-16, 11:13
Here's how to get in on the beta: Click me (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1-beta-confirmed-heres-how-to-get-in-e/1100-6439582/) for details or direct link here (http://www.battlefield.com/community/insider).

Firefly
05-11-16, 12:51
FIFA!
I used to play that on Sega Genesis while blasting a lot of Alternative and techno on my stereo.

I am sporadic in my vidya gaming. I keep an old system. Depends on how depressed/nostalgic/whatever I'm feeling but I couldn't get into it like people do now.

I miss old school Doom. No BS just blowing everything to hell. The new one looks lame.

mkmckinley
05-11-16, 19:07
Also, display tech is advancing quickly allowing for higher fps and overall picture quality and color accuracy.

Do you happen to know if any of the OLED displays are supposed to be particularly good or bad for gaming?

t1tan
05-11-16, 21:49
Do you happen to know if any of the OLED displays are supposed to be particularly good or bad for gaming?

Should be fine as long as you research the models, as far as TVs go, every manufacturer has their own obscure way of measuring FPS; "true motion" and the like. You just want to make sure the tv can sustain a frame rate that will be pleasant to play. On consoles most games have been around 30fps, with some reaching 60, dipping when necessary given that consoles are pretty weak and considered "old tech" by the time they launch, the higher the FPS the smoother the picture will look and less jerky or "cinematic" as many devs claim using 24-30fps.

Monitors are a different story, frame rate will be listed as an actual figure and overall are much easier to pick. Choose your display ratio, 16:9 or the newer 21:9, DisplayPort or HDMI, then compare models. Current offerings from ASUS and Acer are probably the top picks nowadays. LG also makes a very nice panel, I'm using their 34" 21:9, maxes out at 60fps so my video card has no trouble keeping up, but made more sense buying it at $679 vs an ASUS ultra wide at almost $1500 for 100fps and the same 3440x1440 resolution. Speaking of ultra wide, people make a big deal about 4K nowadays where even the top end cards have trouble driving games at a decent frame rate, but an ultrawide requires much less of your card(s) and still looks amazing at 1440, but feels insanely immersive. I feel completely sucked into a game with the extra peripheral vs the traditional 16:9.

Adr1ft screenshots in 21:9

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg456/t1tan19/Forums/20160401143736_1_zpstkfwvkvk.jpg

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg456/t1tan19/Forums/20160401143743_1_zps0vjae9eq.jpg

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg456/t1tan19/Forums/20160401143912_1_zpshzhdxq38.jpg

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg456/t1tan19/Forums/20160401144447_1_zpst8fgt4cb.jpg

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg456/t1tan19/Forums/20160401144212_1_zpshexwvcgf.jpg

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg456/t1tan19/Forums/20160401144502_1_zpsjzdp28yl.jpg

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg456/t1tan19/Forums/20160401144531_1_zpssnghy3sk.jpg

Koshinn
05-12-16, 00:31

OLED tvs do burn in. So be careful about gaming too much on them. Or if you do, change games frequently.

mkmckinley
05-12-16, 20:09
Interesting, thanks for the info. I want a new, huge, awesome panel for my PC primarily for gaming but I was waiting for OLED to become more mainstream. If it suffers from burn-in I might just got with LED.

Digital_Damage
05-13-16, 09:56
OLED tvs do burn in. So be careful about gaming too much on them. Or if you do, change games frequently.

largely not a problem anymore, they almost all support image shift,voltage drift and screen wipe.

Just don't get one from 2013.

SurplusShooter
05-15-16, 17:30
I'm still rockin' a Panasonic VIERA plasma. Don't know how plasma compares to OLED but,.....The "Burn -in" effect seems to be way overblown , maybe vocally reinforced by people who have an axe to grind? Eg played one video game many hours over a long weekend, had a bit of ghosting image, but after watching TV for a few hours it's gone now , screen is fine I can't see it after a few hours of letting the TV show something else.

Sent from my Commodore 64.

SurplusShooter
05-15-16, 17:35
Getting back to the game, I'll make a prediction / hypothesis here: will there will be a slight uptick in interest / collecting of old WW1 weapons after this game is out?

Kind of like how , I think, Mosin Nagant rifles got noticed after "Enemy at the Gates" movie???