PDA

View Full Version : Best gun group to support on smile.amazon.com

TMS951
05-10-16, 13:54
So I found out about smile.amazon.com

When you order from amazon with the smile.amazon address they donate .5% of your purchase to the .org of your choice.

What have you chosen? Some choices are:

NRA civil rights defense fund
The NRA Foundation, Inc.

Do any of participate in smile.amazon? If so what charity did you choose?

SomeOtherGuy
05-10-16, 15:46
I chose "Gun Owners Foundation" because it directly supports legal efforts (litigation) to protect gun owners, and because I don't give them cash directly nor am I very likely to.

I'm an NRA member, but I think I give them enough money relative to what they do.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-10-16, 17:02
I use smile.amazon, but donate to the DAV instead.

TMS951
05-10-16, 20:40
What is the DAV?

AKDoug
05-10-16, 20:40
The NRA Foundation isn't technically the NRA that calls and mails you every other week. Any money we send to the NRA through our memberships and donations does not got to the Foundation or the NRA ILA.

The Foundation is the non-profit, non-political arm of the NRA that raises money for shooting ranges, shooting sports, and gun safety programs. It is very worthy of our support.

Primus Pilum
05-12-16, 10:56
Special Operations Warrior Foundation

One of the few military charities where almost 100% goes directly to the beneficiaries and not an overpaid board of professional charity leeches making 300K-$1M+ a year to fleece people.

Has a specific charter and a good one IMO. Pays for the college of children of SOF warriors.

Co-gnARR
05-12-16, 20:08
What is the DAV?

Disabled American Veterans. They've helped me navigate the VA bureaucracy as I transitioned from the military. I think they also provide a transition program that helps vets prepare for entering the civilian work force, i.e., interviewing skills, resume preparation and work place etiquette. Most, if not all, of the people in DAV are disabled vets, so they really understand what it is like leaving the service and adapting to regular life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disabled_American_Veterans

TMS951
05-13-16, 10:32
Thanks for the replies guys. Helpful stuff.

In a world so anti gun and anti military its nice to know here are a few good choices.

When I was searching through it, queries like 'gun' and 'second amendment' brought an overwhelming number of anti gun causes to support.