platoonDaddy
05-10-16, 15:27
Dang & triple Dang!

Springfield Limited Edition Chris Kyle 1911 Legend
Serial Number CK0001 Legend Series TRP Pistol Current Bid: $17K

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=554032581

Firefly
05-10-16, 15:49
But didn't he carry the full rail one though?

I know it is for a good cause and all but just saying

ETA For that much money I'd sooner have a Tac 338 or Mk. 11.

sidewaysil80
05-10-16, 19:31
But didn't he carry the full rail one though?

I dunno, maybe this is based off the one he killed two guys at a gas station with.

DirectTo
05-10-16, 19:37
I mean...it's a TRP with custom engraving and some added toys?

The guy was a SEAL but plenty of SEALs have died without a commemorative pistol. I guess I don't get it?

I'd be a lot more inclined to buy a normal pistol and donate to the foundation. Shrug.

czgunner
05-10-16, 19:55

The guy was a SEAL but plenty of SEALs have died without a commemorative pistol. I guess I don't get it?

I'd be a lot more inclined to buy a normal pistol and donate to the foundation. Shrug.

+1 I totally agree

HeruMew
05-11-16, 07:34
This pistol to go with the Weatherby Chris Kyle Rifle.

Would make an expensive combo.

Sensei
05-11-16, 08:45
I dunno, maybe this is based off the one he killed two guys at a gas station with.

That was a Colt Delta Elite 10mm which explains why the bodies vaporized as if hit by a Klingon disrupter.

All kidding aside, his estate needs to pay the judgement and legal fees from the Jesse Ventura defamation case some how...

Striker
05-11-16, 19:17
Dang & triple Dang!

Springfield Limited Edition Chris Kyle 1911 Legend
Serial Number CK0001 Legend Series TRP Pistol Current Bid: $17K

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=554032581

The auction is for serial number 1 of 1000, which is why the bidding is so high on it. According to SA, the other 999 will retail for $2500.00 or something like that. If this is the only run, this pistol unfired might have some collector value down the line.

okie john
05-11-16, 20:19
The auction is for serial number 1 of 1000, which is why the bidding is so high on it. According to SA, the other 999 will retail for $2500.00 or something like that. If this is the only run, this pistol unfired might have some collector value down the line.

Franklin Mint. Just sayin'.

Okie John

jahwarrior1423
05-12-16, 02:41
Forged clothing (SEAL owned) had a run of shirts that raised money for the legal fees and judgement cost for Mrs. Kyle. They raised well over their goal.

ThirdWatcher
05-12-16, 21:21
$2,500 is getting pretty close to Springfield Armory Professional Model territory.

daddyusmaximus
05-12-16, 21:37

The thing about Kyle is his story was picked up by the media. Not saying he's more important that other veterans, but he pretty much became the face of the armed forces. He is the warrior everybody thinks about, he's the one everybody wants to emulate.... Even though, he didn't die in combat, his death is forever connected to the war on terror due to being killed by another vet.

Every vet deserves a 1911 in my book. I'd like to see a series where each handgun is dedicated to an individual warrior that was KIA.

Blak1508
05-12-16, 22:05
Franklin Mint. Just sayin'.

Okie John

My father worked for that place for like 35-40 years. Funny stuff,You would be amazed how many broken swords I have or chipped replicas. Stuff was neat as a child, thinking it was real and all.

Anyway I agree with the above member in that Chris helped to give a face to the Armed Forces. He became a celebrity of sorts and in fact. I am not sure if I would be down to toss that many benjamins for the 1911 but I think we can all agree that I would rather see someone spend the money on the Chris Kyle and helping to support a great cause than bidding on Kayne West's Tighty Whities or one of Lil Wayne's nappy hair locks, grillz, bandana, etc.
I also feel that Chris while one of many hero's has helped put the Armed Forces back on the map as a face of positivism and patriotism where many had turned their heads and forgotten. Children now most certainly know who Chris Kyle is and IMO I feel that his story and image invokes the youth to once again look up to men in uniform. I am trying to say I would be fine with my boy looking up to him and all of those who protect, and I hope that he does when he is born in two weeks :o

TMS951
05-13-16, 10:14
Tats a lot of money for a box and a book.

Out side of the grips and a number on it, it just looks like a standard TRP Operator to me. Not even built in the custom shop. Huge waste of money and a lost opportunity to actually make a cool gun.

HeruMew
05-13-16, 12:24
It's at 17.5k right now.

That's NFA prices right there. I would be trying to buy an RDIAS with that kind of money.

8 days left on the bidding too.

Slvr Surfr
05-15-16, 16:13
I think we can all agree that I would rather see someone spend the money on the Chris Kyle and helping to support a great cause than bidding on Kayne West's Tighty Whities or one of Lil Wayne's nappy hair locks, grillz, bandana, etc.

Amen!