PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when you get caught lying? Or how the Deal with Iran got sold.

Averageman
05-10-16, 19:48
Interesting, I wonder how many times this has happened?

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/05/09/the-white-house-is-trying-to-put-out-an-enormous-fire-surroundin/21374165/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl13%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D124234556_htmlws-sb-bb
Earnest also told reporters that Rhodes' comment about the "27-year-old" reporters was "not meant as a put-down" of the White House press corps.
"Based on that reaction I'm confident he would say it differently if he had the chance," Earnest said.
Fox News White House correspondent Kevin Corke later confronted Earnest again about the administration's attempts to sell the Iran deal.
"Can you state categorically that no senior official in this administration has ever lied publicly about any aspect of the Iran nuclear deal?" Corke asked.
"No, Kevin," Earnest replied.

You know at some point journalists actually investigated stuff rather than letting it be spoon fed to them.
You do know what spoon fed makes you, don't you?

ABNAK
05-10-16, 20:01
Fortunately this BS was not ratified by the Senate, despite the tom-foolery that took place legislatively to allow Shitstain to get it "passed" without their approval. An incoming POTUS could choose to disregard it and hopefully someone like Trump might ignore it (has he commented on it?).

I for the life of me cannot comprehend how the Left can continually do their best to sell us up the river internationally, especially with regards to national defense issues. It goes all the way back to Carter.

Leuthas
05-10-16, 20:58
Fortunately this BS was not ratified by the Senate, despite the tom-foolery that took place legislatively to allow Shitstain to get it "passed" without their approval. An incoming POTUS could choose to disregard it and hopefully someone like Trump might ignore it (has he commented on it?).

I for the life of me cannot comprehend how the Left can continually do their best to sell us up the river internationally, especially with regards to national defense issues. It goes all the way back to Carter.

The problem with disregarding official agreements between two nations is that it tends to make us a little less credible. This is the reason many New Presidents in history have failed to uphold campaign promises with respect to ending or ignoring treaties.

lowprone
05-10-16, 21:41
They don't seem to mind, tv media giving them a pass, in 3 days it will be forgotten.

SteyrAUG
05-10-16, 21:42
The problem with disregarding official agreements between two nations is that it tends to make us a little less credible. This is the reason many New Presidents in history have failed to uphold campaign promises with respect to ending or ignoring treaties.

Yep, long after they left office Carter, Bush and Clinton continued to screw up the country. Obama will leave a legacy that will make us view those administrations fondly.

lowprone
05-10-16, 21:47
Theodore Dalrymple describes it perfectly:

Quote:
“In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, not to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is...in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.”

26 Inf
05-10-16, 21:54
Here is an article on it, kind of repeats what the OP linked, but, read the articles linked at the bottom:

http://smallwarsjournal.com/blog/a-stunning-profile-of-ben-rhodes-the-asshole-who-is-the-president%E2%80%99s-foreign-policy-guru

Dienekes
05-10-16, 22:15
"To assent to obvious lies is...in some small way to become evil oneself."

I had an Assistant US Attorney once tell me to lie to a cooperating witness in a very major case. The only way we ever got ANYWHERE in that case was to scrupulously tell the truth (or just tell them straight out we couldn't discuss something at that time) a bunch of people who had been systematically manipulated by a religious cult.

I hate liars.

SteyrAUG
05-11-16, 00:31
"To assent to obvious lies is...in some small way to become evil oneself."

I had an Assistant US Attorney once tell me to lie to a cooperating witness in a very major case. The only way we ever got ANYWHERE in that case was to scrupulously tell the truth (or just tell them straight out we couldn't discuss something at that time) a bunch of people who had been systematically manipulated by a religious cult.

I hate liars.

But they aren't liars remember? They simply misspoke, misremembered or my personal favorite "didn't mean that like it came out." This is the worst thing about these kinds of people, they say things in ways that actually have little or no meaning but everyone understands what they meant to suggest. But when you call them on it, they literally didn't actually say that.

Almost as bad are the people who are so obtuse they can't even comprehend what they are being told and how empty it is or at odds with what it actually sounds like. When Pelosi told people "We have to pass it to find out what is in it" and a bunch of people STILL supported it, I really knew it was over. I mean that is almost a real life Jedi Mind trick, scary shit that it actually worked.

Campbell
05-11-16, 07:59
Theodore Dalrymple describes it perfectly:

Quote:
“In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, not to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is...in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.”

Good stuff, thanks-

Averageman
05-11-16, 08:47
But in the mean time;
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/10/politics/obama-hiroshima-visit-japan/index.html

President Barack Obama will become the first sitting American president to visit the site of the U.S. atomic bomb attack in Hiroshima, Japan, the White House said Tuesday, a charged final-year stop meant to advance his goal of nuclear disarmament.

Added to the end of a late-May Asia swing, the visit fulfills a wish Obama expressed early in his presidency to visit the location where tens of thousands of Japanese civilians were killed in a nuclear blast at the end of World War II.

Weighing the visit, White House officials faced questions on whether Obama's presence would amount to an apology for using nuclear weapons, a move many historians consider essential to ending the war.

So when Iran finally gets it together enough to have their own Bomb, Who gets an Apology from Obama?
A radioactive France or perhaps Belgium?

TacticalSledgehammer
05-11-16, 11:44

The left has many useful idiots that keep them in office. They get votes by making minorities feel under privileged. I hope Hillary doesn't attract as many as our first black president did.

Firefly
05-11-16, 12:33
Lol apologizing for Hiroshima.

Go watch that movie "The Men Behind the Sun" and realize it's still nowhere near as bad as what really happened.

The Imperial Japanese made the Nazis look like humanitarians.

All these people want apologies.

People in Hell want ice water

SteyrAUG
05-11-16, 15:04
Lol apologizing for Hiroshima.

Go watch that movie "The Men Behind the Sun" and realize it's still nowhere near as bad as what really happened.

The Imperial Japanese made the Nazis look like humanitarians.

All these people want apologies.

People in Hell want ice water

If ever I was a US President and felt compelled to visit Hiroshima, rest assured I'd be wearing my Nanking t shirt and a Unit 731 jacket.

Firefly
05-11-16, 15:21
Aye.

Schindler's List is a feel good laugh riot compared to Men Behind the Sun.

Schindler's List just makes people emo.
MBTS will make you lose your lunch

26 Inf
05-11-16, 15:56
Yep, screw Hirohito and Douglas MacArthur.

I'd like to get rid of all nukes, problem is that you would never be absolutely sure they were all gone, it is a paradox.

Our world faces a crisis as yet unperceived by those possessing power to make great decisions for good or evil. The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking and we thus drift toward unparalleled catastrophe. ALBERT EINSTEIN

The nuclear arms race is like two sworn enemies standing waist deep in gasoline, one with three matches, the other with five. CARL SAGAN

Nuke 'em till they glow, them shoot 'em in the dark. T-shirt

Firefly
05-11-16, 16:26
Yep, screw Hirohito and Douglas MacArthur.

I'd like to get rid of all nukes, problem is that you would never be absolutely sure they were all gone, it is a paradox.

Our world faces a crisis as yet unperceived by those possessing power to make great decisions for good or evil. The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking and we thus drift toward unparalleled catastrophe. ALBERT EINSTEIN

The nuclear arms race is like two sworn enemies standing waist deep in gasoline, one with three matches, the other with five. CARL SAGAN

Nuke 'em till they glow, them shoot 'em in the dark. T-shirt

I read some sorta lame short story in high school out of a collection of shorts. I think it was originally published in the 70s.

Anyways all the world leaders finally agree to dismantle all their nukes. And for a while there really is workd peace.

Then all of a sudden these aliens invade. They said that the only thing keeping them away was the atom bomb. It was sorta cheesy but....while no one has proven aliens exist, they've never proven that they don't either.

I mean, it was in Starship Troopers.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-11-16, 17:42
From the Wikipedia page for MBTS

The closing passages reveal that Dr. Ishii cooperates with the Americans, giving them his research and agreeing to work for them. Years later, he is moved to the Korean front, and biological weapons appear on the battlefield shortly thereafter.

That's a new one on me.

SteyrAUG
05-11-16, 17:52
From the Wikipedia page for MBTS

That's a new one on me.

Try this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Instead of being tried for war crimes, the researchers involved in Unit 731 were given immunity by the U.S. in exchange for their data on human experimentation. On 6 May 1947, Douglas MacArthur, as Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, wrote to Washington that "additional data, possibly some statements from Ishii probably can be obtained by informing Japanese involved that information will be retained in intelligence channels and will not be employed as 'War Crimes' evidence." Victim accounts were then largely ignored or dismissed in the West as Communist propaganda.

Thousands of men, women and children interred at prisoner of war camps, including US POW, were subjected to vivisection without anesthesia. Vivisections were performed on prisoners after infecting them with various diseases. Researchers performed invasive surgery on prisoners, removing organs to study the effects of disease on the human body. These were conducted while the patients were alive because it was feared that the decomposition process would affect the results. The infected and vivisected prisoners included men, women, children, and infants, including pregnant women (impregnated by Japanese surgeons) and their infants.

Prisoners had limbs amputated in order to study blood loss. Those limbs that were removed were sometimes re-attached to the opposite sides of the body. Some prisoners' limbs were frozen and amputated, while others had limbs frozen, then thawed to study the effects of the resultant untreated gangrene and rotting.

Some prisoners had their stomachs surgically removed and the esophagus reattached to the intestines. Parts of the brain, lungs, liver, etc. were removed from some prisoners.

Japanese army surgeon Ken Yuasa suggests that the practice of vivisection on human subjects (mostly Chinese Communists) was widespread even outside Unit 731, estimating that at least 1,000 Japanese personnel were involved in the practice in mainland China.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-11-16, 18:47
Sorry, not that he was given immunity and his research was used. Not very one was as photogenic and had cool tech like VanBraun- the fact that the movie says that the US used biological weapons in Korea....

That is the first mention of biological weapons used by the US that I have ever heard of.

SteyrAUG
05-11-16, 20:26
Sorry, not that he was given immunity and his research was used. Not very one was as photogenic and had cool tech like VanBraun- the fact that the movie says that the US used biological weapons in Korea....

That is the first mention of biological weapons used by the US that I have ever heard of.

I was just giving you a complete background regarding what they were capable of doing. As far as if the US employed the weapons in Korea, the US says "no" and China and North Korea claim we did. Given all the information as a whole, I'd say it's a great big "maybe."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_biological_warfare_in_the_Korean_War

Firefly
05-11-16, 22:14
Ya know....

The show MASH would have you think it was a big maudlin proto-Vietnam War, but the more I read into it....the more brutal and almost ghoulish it becomes. Lotsa BTDT Korean War people, what remain, won't hardly talk about it.

Guys defecting to China to get out of fighting, guys getting outnumbered to the point it was like 300, guys getting frostbitten so bad they marched their feet off, rumors of people resorting to cannibalism, and even yes biological weapons deployed because at some points there simply wasn't enough ammunition to fend off legions of screaming chinamen.

In fact....after reading into it...I can't watch MASH now despite liking it as a kid. It's almost worse than Hogan's Heroes.

I forget who wrote it but I read this book Chosin. One Marine got blown blown up by a grenade, lost a hand or arm IIRC, lost half his face and still kept fighting. The way it was described it reminded me of when Apollo Creed gets shot by the Predator. He just one handedly picked up a new gun after someone died.

So even if we did use bugs against the Norks and Red Chinese....I couldn't blame them

Moose-Knuckle
05-12-16, 01:59
You know at some point journalists actually investigated stuff rather than letting it be spoon fed to them.
You do know what spoon fed makes you, don't you?

An outstanding documentary I recently watched entitled Shadows of Liberty shows how much the MSM is controlled by corporate and government interests. In one scene concerning Bush's White House press corps they show the uncut tapes. Every single damn thing during those "news conferences" are scripted and staged. The "journalist" are in on it, if they don't play ball they're fired from their employer and will never work in the industry again. This has played out in every White House for decades and Obama's is no different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SAUborWbPw