PDA

View Full Version : Drago Gear Customer Support Experience.

Leaveammoforme
05-11-16, 14:19
Update (5/19)

Drago got back to me today after I used the support@dragogear.com address that Sigma_Pete posted. They apologized for delay and stated the bags carry a lifetime warranty.

They requested my mailing address and my bag color. Don't know if they're sending a shipping box, new pulls, a case or just using my address as a verification of sorts. We shall see.

This situation is a good example of how warranties are worthless if an item fails when you need it. Reminds me of people who argue that an Aimpoint only carries a 10 year Non-Professional use warranty while a Chinese optic that is $250 cheaper carries a lifetime warranty.

Updated thread title to a more neutral level but I don't currently see being able to give them a +1

Update (5/20)

Drago got back to me after I sent them the pictures that they requested in their previous response. They said they were shipping me a new bag.

You'll notice in the pictures that the pulls on my bag have some sort of casting/lot/ID numbers on them. I will compare them to the pulls on the new case when it arrives.

Final Update (5/25)

I received a new 36" case from Drago today. They didn't request that I send back my old one. In the box was just the new case. I compared the letters on the zipper pulls and they are different than what's on my originals.

Drago never said if they addressed any pull issues. They simply stated that my original bag had quality issues. Well...yeah....it did. Time will tell if the new one will survive.

I will say that Drago stood behind their product. They didn't make the process difficult once I finally got a hold of them. As mentioned, I do like the bag. I hope this new one holds up but, in the meantime I will be saving my pennies to go up a tier or two on my next bag purchase.

I always have to learn the hard way. I heard about Drago zipper pull problems and purchased a bag anyways.

Both pulls on main compartment broke when casing up after a stage at April local match. Was not even pulling hard. They just crumbled. I was left with one nub on one pull to which I attached a string.

I emailed Drago after the match inquiring about a fix. I specifically stated I wasn't looking for warranty work or anything free, just a fix. No response.

Waited 2 weeks and emailed again using the "Contact Us" option on website. No response.

The last nub let loose at this months local match.

I purchased bag new about 3 years ago. Out of a possible 36 matches over that time frame it probably has about 28 matches & countless range trips. Beyond that it had ,at minimum, an "open-close" cycle weekly

Buyer be warned. No customer service for a lifetime warranty case with known problems. I gave them a month to respond.

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq194/leaveammoforme/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05-11%2013.52.15_zpsvcf3i3zv.jpg (http://s447.photobucket.com/user/leaveammoforme/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05-11%2013.52.15_zpsvcf3i3zv.jpg.html)

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq194/leaveammoforme/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05-11%2013.52.46_zpsdmfxzej8.jpg (http://s447.photobucket.com/user/leaveammoforme/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05-11%2013.52.46_zpsdmfxzej8.jpg.html)

TheBearMedic
05-12-16, 11:12
I always have to learn the hard way. I heard about Drago zipper pull problems and purchased a bag anyways.

Both pulls on main compartment broke when casing up after a stage at April local match. Was not even pulling hard. They just crumbled. I was left with one nub on one pull to which I attached a string.

I emailed Drago after the match inquiring about a fix. I specifically stated I wasn't looking for warranty work or anything free, just a fix. No response.

Waited 2 weeks and emailed again using the "Contact Us" option on website. No response.

The last nub let loose at this months local match.

I purchased bag new about 3 years ago. Out of a possible 36 matches over that time frame it probably has about 28 matches & countless range trips. Beyond that it had ,at minimum, an "open-close" cycle weekly

Buyer be warned. No customer service for a lifetime warranty case with known problems. I gave them a month to respond.

Sorry to hear about this, but thanks for posting. I've been curious about how these bags hold up. It sounds like yours actually saw legitimate use. I'd been hearing people say they were GTG but their bag looked too new to be able to trust that claim. What do you use now?

Leaveammoforme
05-12-16, 17:28
Going to attempt a fix, of sorts, for now. I do like the bag, but now know its days are numbered.

Smaller compartment (in between the main and the pouches) uses the same size pulls. I'm going to undo both zippers at their bases, swap the pulls and sew it back together with 50lb Spiderwire.

The pulls should fail pretty quick if age is what kills them. If they fail due to use, I should be able to get another couple years out of the case.

I fully agree and understand that there is some irony in protecting/transporting several thousands of dollars worth of firearms in a $80 case. It is what it is.

bad aim
05-12-16, 22:42
Dang, that's unfortunate. I'm always weary of companies that offer "lifetime warranties" when there isn't much out there about the company. A lifetime warranty does no good if the company folds in a few years, or in your case, just have shitty CS.

Let us know how this plays out!

quackhead
05-13-16, 03:00
This is one of many issues with offshore companies- questionable raw materials and construction , along with spotty CS

I bang my head against wall with some people trying to explain this when they buy offshore gear for real world use. They bitch and moan later when it fails

Leaveammoforme
05-13-16, 03:15
Just direct them here for the pics!

Opened up bases of the zippers and began swapping out the pulls. Keep in mind that this is probably only the third or fourth time I fully opened the compartment between the main and the pouches.

Womp..womp...
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq194/leaveammoforme/Mobile%20Uploads/20160513_025447-1_zpsu2sswxmd.jpg (http://s447.photobucket.com/user/leaveammoforme/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160513_025447-1_zpsu2sswxmd.jpg.html)

Leaveammoforme
05-18-16, 17:40
Dropped them another e-mail via the "Contact Us" option today.

Surely someone from Drago at least lurks here. Since we have legit heavy hitters in the industry that lurk/watch here, I have a hard time believing that someone at least associated with Drago hasn't seen this.

Maybe that's the disconnect. There are company's that actively search for real world issues with their product while others apparently actively ignore.

Even an e-mail stating "We're aware of the issue, bear with us" would have been satisfactory.

sigma_pete
05-18-16, 18:52
Besides the web site form, try emailing them directly at:

support@dragogear.com

I bought two Drago double gun bags back in Dec 2014 and one of them had a QC issue that I contacted them about and they responded 5 days after my inquiry, which was pretty darn quick in my opinion since it was the week before Christmas. They replaced the bag at no cost after I provided pictures of the issue. It arrived within a few days and they didn't want the defective one back even though still serviceable, just not up to snuff for new gear.

Based on my limited experience, I was:
1. Satisfied with their customer service
2. Satisfied with the overall features, durability and quality of the padding and fabric.
3. Very satisfied with the padding/protection that they provide the guns from each other and from banging around during transport.
4. Not very impressed with their sewing quality and cleanup (lots of loose threads that had to be snipped/melted).
5. Satisfied with the price point. It's a lot better quality than other bags I've looked at in the same price range. Especially since I got mine on sale.

Almost 1.5 years later, the bags are still holding up well for myself and my son (one was bought to give as a Christmas gift). I would probably buy from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leaveammoforme
05-18-16, 21:51
Thanks Pete, I sent another through that link. I do like the bag but what's the point if all the pulls are going to fall apart.

I may try some snap buttons that 'rivet' in place. I've only got a couple but, if they half way work I'll go buy another pack of them.

Travelingchild
05-19-16, 06:44
Never used it but try this
Option 1
https://www.fixnzip.com
I wouldn't recommend taking the other compartment apart to use those zippers, Just go to a sewing or outdoor shop most sell zipper repair kits, Probably a ykk #8 or equivalent.
Option 2
Seam ripper to take base off ( pick threads don't use a razor blade most likely cut fabric) reassemble crimp new zipper stop on, done.
Option 3 snip zipper close to end as possible 1/4 to 1/2 inch just enough to take pull off, slide pull off replace with new. crimp new stop on, or wrap end with nylon thread to act as zipper pull stop. Done
( zip opposite end as close as possible to keep teeth aligned( DO NOT REMOVE) repeat to other end)
Option 4 If you've never worked with fabric, find a skydiving center near you find a Rigger, have them fix bring cash, beer or offer to take them to the range

Leaveammoforme
05-19-16, 17:54
Thanks for the info Travelingchild.

Don't know if someone at the NRA annual meeting cruised by their booth or not but I got a reply today and updated my original post.

Leaveammoforme
05-25-16, 18:26
Final update in first post. Drago sent me a new bag. Hopefully it holds up.

Soot4Brains
05-31-16, 08:06
I bought a small Drago shoulder bag last year and loved it until one of the plastic zippers snapped. I contacted Drago and they asked for a picture of the broken zipper and Drago logo, which I did, and they promptly sent me a new bag. This one came with stitching interfering with the CCW pistol compartment, which I was able to remedy with a razor blade. Then two zippers broke off, one was the eyeglass pouch that I've only used like twice. I love the design of the Drago, but obviously I can't have zippers fail and dump the contents out at inopportune times, so I recently bought a Maxpedition Fatboy to replace the Drago.