PDA

View Full Version : Silencerco Customer Service 5+ *****

HKGuns
05-11-16, 16:46
You usually hear the griping when things go wrong, so I figured I'd post a positive experience.

Silencer: Octane 45HD
Issue: Baffle Strike
Repair time: 1 week
Repair cost: $0

On a recent range trip, I (apparently) cross threaded my Octane 45HD shooting 9mm on one of my pistols.

I noticed one heck of a lot of blow back on one shot and stopped. When I looked at the silencer, it was hanging off my pistol at a rather alarming angle. Inspected the end cap and sure enough, there was an enlarged hole in the end.

Put it away and when I got home I couldn't get the baffle stack out of the can. I was extremely upset at myself for such a bone head move.

Contacted Silencerco customer service after a few back and forths with Q&A they sent me an RMA and I shipped it off to them along with a copy of my form 4 as they requested.

I fully expected to receive a repair quote in the mail when they got around to looking at the can. Instead, the next I heard from them was a FEDEX tracking invoice, roughly a week later.

In less than one week, at ZERO cost, they replaced my entire baffle stack and end cap.

I was extremely shocked and surprised that it cost me nothing and was repaired so quickly.

Going above and beyond like this will ensure my next can is purchased from them.

Kudo's to them and thank-you.

FlyingHunter
05-11-16, 18:03
Impressive! Thanks for sharing. I've been contemplating a Revolution 9K...I'll look at SilencerCo.

Kenneth
05-11-16, 21:36
This is why I bought An Octane 45 (for 9mm). This was my first suppressor and I wanted something flexible.

Not to thread jack but can you give me a little review on the can? Mine is still in jail.

I got it for a P09 suppressor ready and a scorpion Evo SBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slvr Surfr
05-15-16, 16:57
Nice! They have been excellent any time I needed their assistance. 4+ SiCo's because of it.

HKGuns
05-15-16, 19:29
Not to thread jack but can you give me a little review on the can? Mine is still in jail.

Just saw this, I really like it and it works as well on 9mm as it does on 45ACP as long as you are shooting 147 gr subsonic.

I love that you completely take it down to keep it clean. I throw my baffles and piston into the ultrasonic and they turn out great.

It is one of the quietest cans you can buy.

Kenneth
05-15-16, 19:44
Just saw this, I really like it and it works as well on 9mm as it does on 45ACP as long as you are shooting 147 gr subsonic.

I love that you completely take it down to keep it clean. I throw my baffles and piston into the ultrasonic and they turn out great.

It is one of the quietest cans you can buy.

Thanks man. I only shoot 147's so should be good there. I can't wait for mine. Another month or so.

Senorx
05-21-16, 06:02
Did you call them or email? I emailed them 3 days ago about my 3 lug adapter sticking and it's been crickets.

HKGuns
05-21-16, 07:38
I emailed them. Received a response the next business day. Your issue isn't as cut and dry as mine was so it might take longer to get to someone.

Chuck TX
05-21-16, 18:40
Good to hear. I've got a some SilencerCo cans in jail (including an Octane 45HD).

BufordTJustice
05-27-16, 19:10
So impressed with a) my Saker 762 and b) their CS that i just ordered a Specwar 556 today from my dealer. The wait begins!

Spoke with the dealer, a very large regional SOT serving LEAs all over the state, and they admitted they push SiCo product because of the quality and the never fail, no excuses CS. They also carry aac, gemtech, SF, KAC, rugged, and dead air. They said nothing bad about the others, but were very clear about stating that SiCo is peerless in the industry as far as CS.

JPB
05-29-16, 00:07
There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Unbelievable customer service. They probably hate me, but they're stuck with me. I'd love to find a Specwar 556.

BufordTJustice
05-29-16, 10:25
There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Unbelievable customer service. They probably hate me, but they're stuck with me. I'd love to find a Specwar 556.
Yeah brother. I was out the door, including ATF tax stamp and state sales tax, for under $845 on a Specwar 556.

JoshNC
05-30-16, 02:23
They are amazing. I had an early SWR Specwar-2 that I stopped shooting due to the mount constantly binding (bi-lock). I called SiCo, because they bought SWR. I was told that they could not service the bilock mount, but would swap it out for their ASR mount and trade my bilock mounts 1:1 for ASR mounts. Cost: $0. My next cans I purchase will be SiCo.

BufordTJustice
05-30-16, 10:18
They are amazing. I had an early SWR Specwar-2 that I stopped shooting due to the mount constantly binding (bi-lock). I called SiCo, because they bought SWR. I was told that they could not service the bilock mount, but would swap it out for their ASR mount and trade my bilock mounts 1:1 for ASR mounts. Cost: $0. My next cans I purchase will be SiCo.
And they're so easy-breezy about it too. Not once have i called in (only called twice; once for shipping info i forgot to write down) and not ended up shooting the shit about cans, AR's, and guns in general. Every person i talk to is in the game with at least one can.... And i haven't yet spoken with a person who didn't also own another brand of can in addition to SiCo. Their HR Dept is hitting home runs. And their manufacturing line is cranking out real stuff in real time; my ASR MAAD adapter had to get machined after my request because they ran out. Still got it and the muzzle devices in under two weeks..... And I'm in Florida.

pod
06-07-16, 13:21
Had a baffle strike a few weeks ago on my Specwar 762. I detailed the experience over on my burgeoning blog (http://regularguyguns.com/2016/05/27/the-agony-of-the-boom.html).

After her first string, I stepped up to the firing line, and screw on my Specwar to the Colt. Set the blue man target for 25 yards. Put in a magazine of bog-standard M193 ammunition. Stance. Aim. Safety off. Breathe. Press the trigger. Snap. No problem.

Press the trigger again. Snap. Followed by my treasured Specwar flying about 25 yards downrange. The bullet hit the target, and so did the Specwar. I suppose if it were an aggressor, he’d be down with a small entry wound from the 5.56mm projectile, and maybe a nice bruise from the 2-pound piece of Stellite and other exotic alloys that hurtled at him.

Nonetheless, Silencerco took care of me. The Specwar is a beast and took some extra work to make it right again, but wow, they totally came through.

I don't plan on buying from anyone else.

billybronco
06-08-16, 08:47
I've talked by brother in law, father and uncle into SiCo cans. Hybrid, Saker 556 and Osprey Micro. Told em there's few better products/CS out right now.......

Jesse H
06-14-16, 14:14
Echoing what's already been said. I have a Saker K at the dealer and after a thread here about folks having issues with the mounting system I called up Silencerco and spoke to Steve.

I haven't even used the can yet, much less laid eyes on it and simply called and asked if I could replace my trifecta hardware for ASR stuff.

I didn't even need to provide my information to confirm I was a customer or get issued some sort of RMA #. He goes, "sure, mail it to us and we'll send you the new stuff. We are out of the brakes and are in the middle of making more so it may take a couple weeks."

Dealer let gave me the muzzle device and mount to send back to Silencerco.

Almost 2 weeks on the dot my new stuff arrived. Customer service like this will guarantee I'll be a Silencerco customer again.