PDA

View Full Version : George Zimmerman auctioning off his Trayvon Martin bang toy.

Eurodriver
05-12-16, 06:53
http://www.seattletimes.com/news/pistol-used-in-trayvon-martin-shooting-to-be-auctioned/

The auction listing also says a portion of the proceeds will go toward fighting what Zimmerman calls violence by the Black Lives Matter movement against law enforcement officers, combatting anti-gun rhetoric of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and ending the career of Angela Corey, the attorney who led the prosecution against Zimmerman.

“I’m a free American,” he said. “I can do what I want with my possessions.”

I have to say, he's certainly not in a position I would like to be in but he absolutely makes the most of it...

djegators
05-12-16, 07:08
Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Averageman
05-12-16, 08:22
I wonder what the winning bid will be and who will end up owning it?

KalashniKEV
05-12-16, 08:59
Here's the auction in case any of you guys want to throw in:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=558112068

Starting at $5K.

The description appears to be written by Zimmerman himself, and is comedy gold- including a "B. Hussein Obama" reference.

Your friend, George M. Zimmerman ~Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum~

BoringGuy45
05-12-16, 09:03
Wow.

He's a hero to many a numbnut. I predict he'll triple what he's asking for it.

WillBrink
05-12-16, 09:05
He may have been in the right - RE his defending himself - but that does not alter the fact he's a walking POS who does gun owners no favors by his attention whoring. To this day, I hear people say the "stand your ground" laws in FL should be reversed due to him. Ugh.

Dienekes
05-12-16, 09:18
Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Too bad that isn't above every doorway.

crusader377
05-12-16, 09:48
Unfortunately with the Zimmerman/Treyvon incident, the media like always injects narratives that simply aren't true. The real story with George Zimmer and Treyvon Martin is that two morons wannabes found each other. The moron wannabe cop and the moron wannabe gangster.

RazorBurn
05-12-16, 10:05
Here's the auction in case any of you guys want to throw in:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=558112068

Starting at $5K.

The description appears to be written by Zimmerman himself, and is comedy gold- including a "B. Hussein Obama" reference.

Auction no longer in the system.

TMS951
05-12-16, 10:14

Welp that was quick. Didn't get to see it myself.

What kind of pistol was it?

wildcard600
05-12-16, 10:19

Some kind of kel-tec I think.

Eurodriver
05-12-16, 10:20

It's in the link I posted...

Arik
05-12-16, 10:29
Keltec PF9

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KalashniKEV
05-12-16, 10:42

Hahahahahahaha!!!1!

This must be the work of B. Hussein Obamaaaaah!

(Either that, or he decided he needed it to go cruising the hood looking for people-he-doesn't-know to stalk down...)

Skyyr
05-12-16, 11:00
Hahahahahahaha!!!1!

This must be the work of B. Hussein Obamaaaaah!

(Either that, or he decided he needed it to go cruising the hood looking for people-he-doesn't-know to stalk down...)

Nah, looks like it was Gunbroker itself that killed the auction - it's completely removed from the system.

KalashniKEV
05-12-16, 11:02
Nah, looks like it was Gunbroker itself that killed the auction - it's completely removed from the system.

Cue ZOMG BOYCOTT GUNBROKER!

KUSA
05-12-16, 11:17
I wonder who would want that gun and why.

Firefly
05-12-16, 12:37
He's a lot less Charles Bronson and a lot more like that Bjork stalker dude.

If I ever got embroiled in a rather public and narrative based trial and still got away with it....I'd lay so low my name would be that the Honey I Shrunk the Kids bunch would call me 'Shorty'

KalashniKEV
05-12-16, 14:17
If I ever got embroiled in a rather public and narrative based trial and still got away with it....I'd lay so low...

Just because that particular story resonated with the media and they ran with it doesn't mean anything... and especially not that he learned the right lessons from it.

For most folks, whuppin' that melon would have been enough to exorcise the demons, but not for Pervy George- that episode was just one in a long series. It's obvious that he yearns for death's sweet embrace.

Ernst
05-12-16, 14:34
Here is the statement posted by Gunbroker on their announcements page:

Late last night, George Zimmerman created a listing on our web site for the gun from the Trayvon Martin case four years ago. Mr. Zimmerman alerted news organizations that began reporting on the listing first thing this morning.

Listings on the GunBroker.com web site are user-generated, exactly like social media posts. Mr. Zimmerman never contacted anyone at GunBroker.com prior to or after the listing was created and no one at GunBroker.com has any relationship with Zimmerman. Our site rules state that we reserve the right to reject listings at our sole discretion, and have done so with the Zimmerman listing.

We want no part in the listing on our web site or in any of the publicity it is receiving.

GunBroker.com prides itself in being a safe and legal way to buy and sell firearms online in full compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws. GunBroker.com proudly supports the Second Amendment rights of the American public.

GunBroker.com will not be fielding press inquiries regarding this matter.

Firefly
05-12-16, 15:01
Just because that particular story resonated with the media and they ran with it doesn't mean anything... and especially not that he learned the right lessons from it.

For most folks, whuppin' that melon would have been enough to exorcise the demons, but not for Pervy George- that episode was just one in a long series. It's obvious that he yearns for death's sweet embrace.

In hindsight, maybe he actually, really was a creepy ass cracker.

For better or worse, Bernie Goetz actually gave good reasons for doing what he did and aside from a few little interviews over the decades and a chump change weed pop several years back; has led a quiet and uneventful life.

But George Zimmerman seems to really want to stoke the fires to make a buck or stay "relevant".

While Trayvon was absolutely not an angel and not a great loss to the world.....George Zimmerman still picked that fight.

At the time, I was glad on a moral level that the right to self defense was upheld as it met the standards for it, at least on a technical level.

But in retrospect, Zimmerman has proven himself to be a sleazeball

brickboy240
05-12-16, 15:06
Zimmerman really needs to go away.

He does us no favors as a self-appointed spokesperson for using firearms for self defense.

You pay 5 grand for a ratty Kel-Tec and you are as dumb as he is.

austinN4
05-12-16, 15:42
New auction is on: http://unitedgungroup.com/auction/detail/auction/9/slug/george-zimmerman-s-gun-used-2-26-12

Turnkey11
05-13-16, 01:10
Currently $1,072,000...and the comments below... :suicide2:

SteyrAUG
05-13-16, 02:09
Zimmerman really needs to go away.

He does us no favors as a self-appointed spokesperson for using firearms for self defense.

You pay 5 grand for a ratty Kel-Tec and you are as dumb as he is.

Yeah, all three points, no argument.

From the opening description...

"I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American Firearm Icon. The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012."

I still defend this guy as far as the shooting, but he's also clearly a tard. I understand wanting to hype up what you are selling but "an American Firearm Icon"? He'd have been better off saying "I used this shitty gun in a shitty situation to shoot a shitbag and I really need to recover my legal fees."

All of his "piece of American history" crap is just that. That he then see's himself as a defender of law enforcement from BLM violence just digs his stupid hole deeper. If he actually makes a donation to any LEO group, they will probably reject it. This guy is a bigger ahole than Bernie Goetz and Bernie was a serious ahole.

Also the auction is currently above 6 million. How many thousands of non paying bidders do you think are going to tie up this auction? Hell it took me a couple months to sell a Rolex on ebay due to deadbeat bidders who kept winning.

C-grunt
05-13-16, 04:38
The gun will sell for a pretty penny. Not a shit load of money but way more than it's worth.

I talked with a dealer a while back who ended up with a "papered gun" that had killed someone. Gun came with paperwork from the PD that released it. If I remember right it was a Glock 19. He said that gun sold for 1200 bucks. Aparently there are collectors out there who want guns that have killed people.

austinN4
05-13-16, 07:17
Aparently there are collectors out there who want guns that have killed people.

Lots of sickos in the world.

duece71
05-13-16, 07:37
Personally, I see this coming full circle at some point. The gun gets bought by whomever, shot at a range, sold again and maybe again. Then it winds up in the hands of an angry gang banger whom shoots a white dude under strangely similar circumstances that Mr. Zimmerman faced. Close the loop.

duece71
05-13-16, 08:19
Bidding is up to $65k...........unreal.

austinN4
05-13-16, 08:30

Unreal for sure - from today's USA Today:

"Bidding on the 9 mm Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol began at $5,000 and had reached more than $65 million by 5.45 a.m. E.T. The top bidder used the screen name “Racist McShootface.” That account was later deleted."

KalashniKEV
05-13-16, 08:55
Unreal for sure - from today's USA Today:

"Bidding on the 9 mm Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol began at $5,000 and had reached more than $65 million by 5.45 a.m. E.T. The top bidder used the screen name “Racist McShootface.” That account was later deleted."

Brez Morrell has it up to $65K.

He seems like a great guy:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--FGP8VZGy--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/exs61nrzxiezcr09krxc.png

austinN4
05-13-16, 09:10
Brez Morrell has it up to $65K. He seems like a great guy:

Did you notice the bids in the name of Tamir Rice?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tamir_Rice

Firefly
05-13-16, 09:37
Nobody's actually going to buy this at that price.

This is a far cry from Alvin York's 1911 or Patton's Single Action.

He could've quietly sold this at Kel Tec price. But he needs attention because he's a loser

Averageman
05-13-16, 11:01
Nobody's actually going to buy this at that price.

This is a far cry from Alvin York's 1911 or Patton's Single Action.

He could've quietly sold this at Kel Tec price. But he needs attention because he's a loser

He is the "White Hispanic" version of a trailer park lottery winner.
Common Sense and Good Taste have nothing to do with it. It's nothing to do with, "How you got there." and everything to do with "Being there."
His five minutes were up a couple of years ago.

skijunkie55
05-13-16, 11:09
People are simply making it so he can't sell it. Payment is via USPS Money Order. Winning Bidder will pay nothing, and they will continue to troll his listings every time he tries to sell this. I'd do one better and offer him cash FTF transaction and give him counterfeit bills but that's just me... Considering the "Smithsonian" and other museums want a piece of this "american history" he should have no problem selling this........ /sarcasm.

Firefly
05-13-16, 11:50
People are simply making it so he can't sell it. Payment is via USPS Money Order. Winning Bidder will pay nothing, and they will continue to troll his listings every time he tries to sell this. I'd do one better and offer him cash FTF transaction and give him counterfeit bills but that's just me... Considering the "Smithsonian" and other museums want a piece of this "american history" he should have no problem selling this........ /sarcasm.

He could go on Pawn Stars

WickedWillis
05-13-16, 12:12
I really wish he'd keep it and use it on himself.

skijunkie55
05-13-16, 12:21
He could go on Pawn Stars

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/small/000/284/967/02e.jpg

SteyrAUG
05-13-16, 15:39
Brez Morrell has it up to $65K.

He seems like a great guy:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--FGP8VZGy--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/exs61nrzxiezcr09krxc.png

Trump should tap him for VP. Guy is hilarious.

SteyrAUG
05-13-16, 15:40

Read it again, 6.5 million.

austinN4
05-13-16, 15:50
Read it again, 6.5 million.

Lots of fictitious bids there - read the bidders' names as most are obvious.

Sam
05-13-16, 16:08
Supposedly fake bids, with names of bidders like Donald Trump, Tamir rice, blah blah blah, etc.

SteyrAUG
05-13-16, 16:12
Lots of fictitious bids there - read the bidders' names as most are obvious.

Like I said earlier, deadbeat bidders will keep this from ever being sold.

usmcvet
05-13-16, 19:23
I got a call at work about ten years ago from an officer doing a trace on a gun used in a recent suicide. It was a five shot S&W 640 .357. The officer called looking for the investigating officer from the first suicide. I told him he was dead. He had killed himself several years earlier. I hope that gun got scrapped. It's nothing I'd want.

sgtrock82
05-13-16, 19:36
One LGS years ago had an arrangement to occasionally buy guns from a local PD unloading its evidence locker. A local police chief was always keen to buy up any suicide guns that came along and there was plenty. He would say that at least he knew they worked lol We're talking revolvers in a manila envelope, covered in blood, hair and barrel full of crusted chung, five live cartridges and one piece of spent brass.

SteyrAUG
05-13-16, 20:34
I got a call at work about ten years ago from an officer doing a trace on a gun used in a recent suicide. It was a five shot S&W 640 .357. The officer called looking for the investigating officer from the first suicide. I told him he was dead. He had killed himself several years earlier. I hope that gun got scrapped. It's nothing I'd want.

Probably one of their "Muramasa edition" revolvers.

officerX
05-18-16, 21:11
TMZ is reporting it has sold for $120,000.

HCM
05-18-16, 22:40
The gun will sell for a pretty penny. Not a shit load of money but way more than it's worth.

I talked with a dealer a while back who ended up with a "papered gun" that had killed someone. Gun came with paperwork from the PD that released it. If I remember right it was a Glock 19. He said that gun sold for 1200 bucks. Aparently there are collectors out there who want guns that have killed people.

In one of Mas Ayoob's old "Gravest Extreme" articles he mentioned there are collectors of what he termed "Blood Guns" i.e. Guns which had been shoot and or kill someone. Apparently they bring a premium if there is court documentation confirming this.

The article, "Parking Lot Shootout: The Jim Vollink Incident." appeared in the the Nov/Dec 1989 issue of American Handgunner.

wildcard600
05-18-16, 23:04
In one of Mas Ayoob's old "Gravest Extreme" articles he mentioned there are collectors of what he termed "Blood Guns" i.e. Guns which had been shoot and or kill someone. Apparently they bring a premium if there is court documentation confirming this.

The article, "Parking Lot Shootout: The Jim Vollink Incident." appeared in the the Nov/Dec 1989 issue of American Handgunner.

Thats idiotic. I might understand if it was used to kill someone famous and thus had some historical signifigance (like Lee Oswalds rifle).

But, random guns that kill random people (likely shitbags) ? who gives a **** ?

SteyrAUG
05-19-16, 00:26
Thats idiotic. I might understand if it was used to kill someone famous and thus had some historical signifigance (like Lee Oswalds rifle).

But, random guns that kill random people (likely shitbags) ? who gives a **** ?

People are strange. The owner of Stern magazine back in the 70s purchased Idi Amin's underwear.

I collect a lot of things, but typically they have some kind of actual collector value, nostalgia association or historical significance.

The one that always weirds me out are people who specifically try and collect concentration camp items like black soap or human skin tattoo art. Besides the fact that documenting the authenticity of such an item is virtually impossible...who would want something like that in their house. Some people are truly creepy.

Moose-Knuckle
05-19-16, 00:36
Reminds me of the old Guns of Infamy episodes on Tales of the Guns.

People buy memorabilia from convicted serial killers and other "celebrity" inmates, Charles Mason has sold paintings and poetry. Others buy things like hair and nail clippings from these 02 thieves. Hell old Charlie had some twenty something all set to marry him about a year or two ago.

I read where there have been bills introduced to stop this sort of thing, profiting from behind bars but I haven't heard anymore about it.

Firefly
05-19-16, 00:41
One thing I thought was pretty groovy is that Marilyn Manson has his dad's Mosin Nagant that he souvenired from Vietnam. He's used it and some of his dad's Vietnam War stuff in his videos and pictures. But I think it is more because it's his dad's stuff than anything else.

I knew one guy in college who prided himself on having a Zyklon B can. I wrote him off as a piece of shit though because he was a creep.

WWII German stuff DOES look cool and menacing but the implications behind it are a bit of a turn off. Admiring weapons or dress uniform: understandable. Wanting to be a Nazi: gay.

The only thing I can say I "collect" are obscure punk/rock t shirts. The more outlandish or obscure the better.

I'm loathe to admit to a mild hipster streak but there it is.

Firefly
05-19-16, 00:50

People buy memorabilia from convicted serial killers and other "celebrity" inmates, Charles Mason has sold paintings and poetry. Others buy things like hair and nail clippings from these 02 thieves. Hell old Charlie had some twenty something all set to marry him about a year or two ago.

I read where there have been bills introduced to stop this sort of thing, profiting from behind bars but I haven't heard anymore about it.

Murderabilia they call it.
Richard Ramirez sold poetry and drawings.
And I've heard of people trying to track down Timothy McVeigh's Army stuff.

AND WHILE I WOULD NOT PUT HIM IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS THE AFOREMENTIONED: There are several people I've known who go out of their way for Richard Jewell's old popo crap.

By all accounts he was a decent guy but I know people trying to track down his Olympic security Glock, his hats, his uniforms, his maglite, his cuffs, etc.
Same for his personally owned weapons.

He did nothing wrong but because of the media being stupid, he got put in the spotlight.

JC5188
05-19-16, 04:50

I think it turned out that she was trying to scam him for book rights, or something similar...he got keen to it and called it off or some such shit.

Saw a blurb on the news, can't remember exactly.

Further proof (to me) that if it were women in possession of the muscles and testosterone, the earth would be a smoking wasteland.

Mr. Goodtimes
09-13-16, 07:04
Unfortunately with the Zimmerman/Treyvon incident, the media like always injects narratives that simply aren't true. The real story with George Zimmer and Treyvon Martin is that two morons wannabes found each other. The moron wannabe cop and the moron wannabe gangster.

Truer words couldn't be spoken. When worlds collide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk