PDA

View Full Version : America's Favorite Guns

Boba Fett v2
05-12-16, 12:29
The not-so-hidden agenda is clear in the opening lines of this article, and highlighted in red text no less. What I find utterly ridiculous is what made #24 on list. Shows how clueless the assclowns who write these articles really are. Check out the last line in #23 (Miscellaneous Firearms). And surprisingly, no mention of ARs or AKs.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most-popular-guns-in-america/?ftag=ACQ449302a&vndid=1848017668&ttag=cbsn-fb-1148&nan_pid=1848017668

Firefly
05-12-16, 12:41
Using pictures of video games and B movies totally disqualifies this article from any scholarly merit.

Eurodriver
05-12-16, 13:01
#23/#24 were painful.

Might as well have included this:

http://www.atlascopco.us/Images/Pistol_grip_drill_LBB_16_501642_456.jpg

Primus Pilum
05-12-16, 13:18
That list has been debunked. They used gunbroker as a ranking, which is hardly anything close to actual guns sold. More to do with availability between manuf/dist/dealers.

The list would leave you to believe the Python (gun hasn't been made in 20 years) is the best selling non tarus revolver. S&W probably sells more J frame .38's in a year than colt has ever made pythons.

A real list would reference what manufactures self report to the sporting associations and compiling the data that way. Hell most of the publicly traded companies already do this. Author is just lazy and/or ignorant.

Boba Fett v2
05-12-16, 18:12
That list has been debunked. They used gunbroker as a ranking, which is hardly anything close to actual guns sold. More to do with availability between manuf/dist/dealers.

The list would leave you to believe the Python (gun hasn't been made in 20 years) is the best selling non tarus revolver. S&W probably sells more J frame .38's in a year than colt has ever made pythons.

A real list would reference what manufactures self report to the sporting associations and compiling the data that way. Hell most of the publicly traded companies already do this. Author is just lazy and/or ignorant.

Debunked or not the list is f**king retarded. Every other gun mentioned, the writer is deliberately tying it to a mass shooting. I know none of this surprises anyone. If anything it makes for either a good laugh or a SMH moment. Disinformation at it's finest.

HKGuns
05-12-16, 18:22
I'm simply not going to give it the satisfaction of clicking on the link and moving their counters. We need to stop falling for the fake.

Firefly
05-12-16, 18:30
If I were inro yellow journalism...
I would make a top ten list of guns everyone should have.

A Stoner 63 would be on the list and I'd want it published in Cosmopolitan, Redbook, and Seventeen

SomeOtherGuy
05-12-16, 18:47
If I were inro yellow journalism...
I would make a top ten list of guns everyone should have.
A Stoner 63 would be on the list and I'd want it published in Cosmopolitan, Redbook, and Seventeen

Hehe. I would figure out what guns in my collection I wanted to sell, and presto! those would be hottest guns that you can barely find to buy.

If I wasn't looking to sell 10 types, I'd just mess with them.... M41 Pulse Rifle, 40W phased plasma rifle, BFG-9000 and -10000, MG-35 and MG-41(ha), FG-42 with the original box of grid squares it came with, etc.

SteyrAUG
05-12-16, 18:52
Debunked or not the list is f**king retarded. Every other gun mentioned, the writer is deliberately tying it to a mass shooting. I know none of this surprises anyone. If anything it makes for either a good laugh or a SMH moment. Disinformation at it's finest.

I'd like to know what the top 25 autos are, we can list them by SUV, midsize, pickup, etc. and if any had been associated with violent crime like kidnapping, bank robberies or if any were used as an actual weapon in hit and runs, DUIs or rampage driving into crowds.

I'd be very interested to know what is the top choice of rampage drivers.

Firefly
05-12-16, 19:00
I'd like to know what the top 25 autos are, we can list them by SUV, midsize, pickup, etc. and if any had been associated with violent crime like kidnapping, bank robberies or if any were used as an actual weapon in hit and runs, DUIs or rampage driving into crowds.

Caprice Classics
Delta 88
Honda Accord
Chevy Malibu
ANY Cadillac

Primus Pilum
05-12-16, 19:49
Don't forget the Delorean!!!

Firefly
05-12-16, 19:58
Don't forget the Delorean!!!

Technically the only laws they broke were the speed limit and FAA violations. And illegal procurement of nuclear material.

Non-violent offenses.

SteyrAUG
05-12-16, 22:30
Technically the only laws they broke were the speed limit and FAA violations. And illegal procurement of nuclear material.

Non-violent offenses.

Don't forget the cocaine bust.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/john-z-delorean-is-arrested-in-24-million-cocaine-deal

This shows a clear link between automobiles and high volume drug trafficking. More importantly it links the manufacturers of automobiles with high volume drug trafficking. Despite licensing of drivers and registration of vehicles, criminal misuse of these high speed killing machines continues. More people are killed every day by somebody with a motor vehicle than at the Sandy Hook massacre.

Benito
05-13-16, 07:28
I'm simply not going to give it the satisfaction of clicking on the link and moving their counters. We need to stop falling for the fake.

Exactly. I have altogether stopped giving any traffic at all to traitorous anti-freedom sites and authors. This is how they get paid, promoted and measure success.

Well, come on, man. Cars are ok because everyone knows that cars don't kill people, people kill people. With guns, oh wait, uh never mind.
Come to think of it, actually some Libtards do want to ban cars. It's done under the guise of environmentalism, saving the whales, etc. These people are like mini Pol Pots who want to forcibly return mankind to peasant agrarian living.