PDA

View Full Version : Streamlight TLR-1 HPL

jdavis6576
05-12-16, 19:58
To kill some time today I was researching WMLs and came across this light. Neither Google nor YT yielded many results but I'm curious if anyone has seen or played with this. Granted, the reflector and lense are YUGE but with 775 lumens, 48,000 candela, 438m beam distance and 1.75 hour run time it appears to have merit on a long gun.

I don't see this as an "all the time" light but could be useful in certain applications assuming barrel and optic clearance aren't an issue.

http://www.streamlight.com/pt-br/product/product.html?pid=313

Thoughts?

HardToHandle
05-13-16, 06:01
I purchased a~800lumen TLR I picked up a few months ago. My track record is very short, but no major concerns. Since the link is dead, I cannot confirm they are the same.

I initially purchased the TLR for a long rifle, but now carry on a Glock 19 after function testing. My experience with Streamlight is positive, with no failures or customer service issues over about five items. I did have one handheld light get a battery stuck (likely leaker acid inside). Streamlight just sent me a replacement which was more than I expected or requested.

jpgm
05-13-16, 08:44
I have been running the tlr-1 hpl on my patrol rifle. Great light. Great light.

jpgm

Det-Sog
05-14-16, 14:39
Can't speak to that model, but I've been using Streamlights tactically for over 25 years. They make a great product.

jackmobes
05-14-16, 18:58
I have the TLR-1 HL, it's awesome, it's my favorite light now. Stupid bright. I run it on my SW MP9

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk