PDA

View Full Version : Anyone carry while riding a Motorcycle?

snaggletooth
05-12-16, 23:30
I am currently riding a supermoto (DRZ400) and FZ-8. I was just wondering what rig you guys use when riding? I sometimes go with a Galco Miami Vice Shoulder Rig, but just curious what others have experimented on. I have tried appendix and it wasn't all that pleasant when riding on the fz-8, but somewhat ok on the Supermoto, even though they have similar stance.

YVK
05-12-16, 23:37
I've crashed only once and decided that I didn't want anything hard and solid on my body, in any position, when I ride. Fanny pack in a side bag or helmet bag, goes on me when I get off the bike.

Bolt_Overide
05-13-16, 00:47
I carry every time I ride. Usually at 4 oclock.

Joe R.
05-13-16, 11:15
Yes, always. just ahead of 3 o'clock.

Eurodriver
05-13-16, 11:21
Always carry on a bike. Everyone wants to kill you, even many M4C members.

I keep a G43 in the pocket. I don't like the tourists staring when my shirt rides up and shows off the gat.

26 Inf
05-13-16, 16:52
I don't always, people seem to like me. :sarcastic:

Primarily I carry a Glock 43. On my dual-purpose (KLR650) in a backpack or in the tank bag - generally backpack. On my Street Glide, generally in my front pocket.

AKDoug
05-13-16, 17:42
I used to carry at 4:00 on my dirt bike and ATV. After ejecting a couple pistols at high speed through the bumps (even out of a quality Kydex holster), I switched to an Alaskan Sportsman chest holster. Any quality chest holster will do. Mine will fit over my chest protector as well.

Jesse H
05-13-16, 19:05
Same method of carry. G19 or G26 in a Milt Sparks IWB. Riding jacket covers it. Suzuki GSX1340.

Auto-X Fil
05-13-16, 19:54
IWB, under a one-piece riding suit. Not very easy to access... But it's not really for when I'm riding, I just usually want to be carrying at whatever my destination is.

Hmac
05-13-16, 20:21
PPS in a DeSantis OWB. Heritage Softail.

The_Watcher
05-13-16, 20:45
1. Raven Phantom at 3
2. Shoulder Holster
3. Tank Bag

OH, and AIWB does NOT work for my riding style.

FlyingHunter
05-13-16, 21:11
ElectraGlide w G19 OWB Kydex by Xconcealment at 3-4 o'clock. Same as when I'm walking or in my car etc...Consistency ya know.

Abraxas
05-13-16, 21:34
I do, usually at the 4. However my vest has a built in set up I sometimes use. I use that less for two reasons; one I usually carry off a belt and dont want to switch it up that often and two because it is a "universal" fit so it works with most all guns but none all that great.

MStarmer
05-14-16, 15:31
I always carried, I used to commute for a few years on a bike. Sometimes tank bag but more often on body. With M/C's come crashes so on body carry can be cause for concern in that case. I was always worried that a group would push me off or the bike over and I'd be parted from my tank bag and unarmed. Eventually I settled on my 340pd J-frame on the inside pocket of my riding jacket. Not the best place, but clearly not the worse for any of the given scenarios. The one holster I wanted but never got was this one for a Glock 26/27, I think it would work well;

http://www.survivalsheath.com/holsters/images/newchest.jpg

jackmobes
05-14-16, 16:28
I always carried in a galco shoulder holster when I rode. The few times I carried on my hip it was exposed right away from the wind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animalhd1
05-14-16, 17:16
Always G19 in a high noon sky high leather retention holster at 4. Jacket or vest covers it well.