PDA

View Full Version : Surefire Mini Scout M300V Light Review

Mrgunsngear
05-13-16, 13:44
http://i.imgur.com/aYFTJjPl.jpg

Surefire Scout lights are known for their small size and durability and the M300V is no different. I've had mine for a couple years and used it primarily when using NV optics but it certainly works well in white light settings as well.

Another benefit of the Scout lights is the ability to interface with tons of aftermarket mounts which is huge. It lets you mount it just about anywhere you wish with a variety of hand guard options out there. The light also comes with a clicky tail cap as well as a pressure switch end cap so you can configure it as you wish there as well.

Basic specs:

Bezel Diameter: 1.125 inches
Weight: 4.5 ounces
Batteries: 1 123A (included)
Output High White: 250.0 lumens
Runtime High White: 1.2 hours
Output High Infrared (mw):100.0 mW
Runtime High Infrared: 5.0 hours
Tactical Runtime, White: 1.2 hours

Below I do some shooting with it mounted on a few rifles and go over all the details of the light, compare the beam to a few other popular weapon lights, and discuss what I think of it overall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqgvud7wz1E

Eurodriver
05-13-16, 13:57
Did I miss in that video where you showed the IR function?

Mr. Goodtimes
10-22-17, 08:50
Did I miss in that video where you showed the IR function?

Watched the video... what sort of idiot does a review of an IR light with no NV? That’s 8:01 of my life I’ll never get back. I’m not sure what’s worse, this or MAC’s KAC 5.56 QDC review.

Wake27
10-22-17, 15:22
Watched the video... what sort of idiot does a review of an IR light with no NV? That’s 8:01 of my life I’ll never get back. I’m not sure what’s worse, this or MAC’s KAC 5.56 QDC review.

Damn dude. Not only is this thread over a year old, but you're just being a straight dick about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Goodtimes
10-22-17, 16:03
Damn dude. Not only is this thread over a year old, but you're just being a straight dick about it.

Did you have a hand in making this video? Are you a friend of Mr. Guns And Gear?

Maybe I just think it’s ridiculous that anyone with a camera, some editing software and internet access can espouse their opinion as thought it’s one of an expert, regardless of their background.

Wake27
10-22-17, 16:18
Did you have a hand in making this video? Are you a friend of Mr. Guns And Gear?

Maybe I just think it’s ridiculous that anyone with a camera, some editing software and internet access can espouse their opinion as thought it’s one of an expert, regardless of their background.

Not at all, but I would say that he is one of the best YouTube reviewers out there.

Mrgunsngear
10-30-17, 11:38

Money back guarantee on all of my videos.

GTF425
10-30-17, 13:07
Kyle,

What have been some of the benefits of running an independent IR light vs using the illuminator of a PEQ or other laser aiming module? Have you seen washing out of the laser in use with the 300V within CQB distances?

joeg26er
10-30-17, 13:21
Other than ir
For just a white light
How does this compare to the inforce wml?

jpmuscle
10-30-17, 13:31
Kyle,

What have been some of the benefits of running an independent IR light vs using the illuminator of a PEQ or other laser aiming module? Have you seen washing out of the laser in use with the 300V within CQB distances?

This is relevant to my needs and your insight is appreciated, Kyle.

vicious_cb
11-23-17, 17:05
Mr.GnG, any chance you are gonna get the new 500 lumen M300c mini-scout and do a comparison?

jpmuscle
11-23-17, 18:35
Mr.GnG, any chance you are gonna get the new 500 lumen M300c mini-scout and do a comparison?

Why would you call Kyle GnG? I mean the logo is obvious.

Mrgunsngear
12-01-17, 22:24

Very high chance.

Alexj1206
05-22-18, 23:45
Hello I’m new here but have a bit of experience with your question.
I have an Atpial c, dbal i2, surefire M952v (120MW)
My first purchase was the dbal and surefire. I needed something for medium distance night shooting.
With this setup I’m able to reach out to about 200 meters with Gen 1 armasight spark core monocular.
I recently got an Atpial c because I wanted an illuminator and laser on the same device also assuming it was a better set up. It’s not. The Ir illuminator on the atpial c is WEAK. I’m sure for CQB it’s good. Anything over 30meters and it’s worthless. I should have went with a Dbal D2 or A3 but I’m building a clone.
So what did I learn? A Steiner dbal i2 and white/Ir is way better than just an Atpial C. Under nods it’s just better even tho it’s a bit heavy it’s worth it. My suggestion with an IR illuminator, the min Mw you should go is 120mW.
I’m pretty disappointed with the atpial Ir illuminator. Plus the Steiner green laser is a billion times brighter than the green.
I did a test and walking 50 meters away from both visible lasers you can see both red and green illuminating. So if your aiming at someone they’ll be able to see your position.
With the vis green I’ve shined it 600plus meters and can still see it, the vis red can’t do that.
So stay away from the Atpial and go Steiner with green laser and if you intend to go past 50 meters get an illuminator just make sure it’s at least 120mW. Be safe!