PDA

View Full Version : wait times - NFA Form 3 dealer to dealer - SBR

ralfabco
05-16-16, 15:46
CIII dealer in Las Vegas files Form 3, on or about 15 February 2016 for a SBR semi-auto transfer. 16 May 2016 the Form 3 has not yet been approved. Just a simple CIII dealer to CIII dealer transfer.

Any idea on wait times ?

Thanks

ToeTagger6552
05-16-16, 16:01
Mine took 2 months to approve and 33 days after that, it still hadn't reached the originating dealer. (It was initially submitted on Jan. 25.) So I had them request a certified copy of the Form 3 and they received it very quickly. So you might be looking at 2.5-3 months at this point.

ETA...sorry just noticed this was for an SBR. Mine was for a can so YMMV.

Ryno12
05-16-16, 17:45
Official NFA Transfer Times Thread
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=26936

http://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times

https://www.capitolarmory.com/index.php/support/atf-form4-approvals-dates.html

A5scott
05-17-16, 00:40
My last two cans were 8 and 9 weeks for the form 3... just approved last week for one and a month ago for the other. You should probably call your dealer and as them to check with the ATF. I've heard of form 3's getting lost before.

scott

Romanov
05-17-16, 03:46
I had three submitted Form 3's come back today from 1/27, 2/08 and 3/08. All approved on the same day (May 5) and mailed out on the same day (May 11). You can get a general feel for wait times from nfatracker, silencershop and forums, but the truth is that it takes as long as it takes and until it's been at least 30 days past the "average" there's nothing much to worry about. People are all freaking out right now over if they'll be able to file before July 13th, I field at least 15 calls a day over it and I don't work at a gargantuan shop. The ATF mail room is also taking its sweet time. I've had Form 4's show up over 30 days after their approval (approved April 8, received May 16).

ralfabco
05-17-16, 14:12
I had three submitted Form 3's come back today from 1/27, 2/08 and 3/08. All approved on the same day (May 5) and mailed out on the same day (May 11). You can get a general feel for wait times from nfatracker, silencershop and forums, but the truth is that it takes as long as it takes and until it's been at least 30 days past the "average" there's nothing much to worry about. People are all freaking out right now over if they'll be able to file before July 13th, I field at least 15 calls a day over it and I don't work at a gargantuan shop. The ATF mail room is also taking its sweet time. I've had Form 4's show up over 30 days after their approval (approved April 8, received May 16).

They claim everything was sent on or about 15 February 2016. I asked for the serial #, and the lady on the phone (Arms Unlimited / L.V.) declined to provide me with the information.

She said additional Form 3's from January 2016 have still not been approved.

Pappabear
05-17-16, 16:56
They are quoting 5 months and I swear I think they will hold them to make their time line hit. I say this because, they sent mine back for a form correction and you usually get it back a couple weeks after that. But mine came in a month plus later at exactly 5 months. Was kinda strange. Could be coincidence, could be them managing expectations.