05-16-16, 16:50
They got a lot right with this.

Night sights,
Suppressor height,
Already milled for a RDS
Truly ambidextrous
Great capacity

If it was an all metal gun I could not have resisted,
But then you would not have adjustable grip inserts.

I can get a new one for 1059 before tax in black,
And a used, barely, FDE one for about 100 bucks less.
Before tax

I have an octane 45 in stamp jail,
And am sick of waiting for the M9A3 G models.

I have handled various monster suppressor ready 45s since the SOCOM in the mid 90s.
And some newer Glock, HK, SIG offerings.

This is the only one I really like.

I am a boring, middle aged white guy with a civilian job retired from the military.
I have absolutely no practical need for either pistol or the suppressor.
Why do I feel my resistance wavering?

Please enable me with your tales of how awesome the pistol is,
Or bring up issues that will make me wave off.

dwhitehorne
05-16-16, 17:28
Had a FDE FNX. I wanted to love it but the safety rubbed the bottom joint of my thumb raw everytime I put more than 50 rounds through it. So I got rid of it. If you shoot crossed thumbs probably not an issue. Smooth shooting gun and 16 rounds of 45 is nice. I only really shot it in single action. Everyone that tried it loved it. David

Flankenstein
05-16-16, 17:39
Love mine. Not gonna type a dissertation. They are sweet pistols.

sevenhelmet
05-16-16, 18:25
I have handled one, after a friend risked divorce to get it. Nice weapon. Over to you.

PD Sgt.
05-16-16, 18:32
I was able to put some rounds downrange with one a little while ago. I was impressed with the pistol overall, good trigger, the grip felt good for a doublestack .45, and the recoil felt smooth. It is a little big for my purposes (mainly plainclothes) but if one was looking for a duty pistol in .45 you could do a lot worse.

Chiral
05-16-16, 18:58
There's always this photo floating around the interwebs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTsFB1ejo8

Leuthas
05-16-16, 19:27
I never had an issue with either of mine. I bought one and loved it - came across another for 700 and couldn't turn it down. I fed a lot of shitty ammo through them.

I sold both and bought two Glocks and a hundred or so miscellaneous magazines.

ggammell
05-16-16, 21:08

Isn't there a video of him saying they took care of it?

https://youtu.be/TGq1uwoOSHs

Lincoln7
05-17-16, 06:56
I have an FNP45 (I'm unsure of the actual difference(s)) and it runs great. I did have a comfort issue with the decocker/safety levers digging into my hand using a high grip so I ground down the necessary areas and it feels wonderful.

It's a huge handgun but I'm glad FN didn't put out a statement to say that "It's an 'offensive' handgun" lol

Chiral
05-17-16, 09:26
Isn't there a video of him saying they took care of it?

https://youtu.be/TGq1uwoOSHs

Havent seen that vid. Thanks!

nova3930
05-17-16, 09:29
One of those is on my list. Probably won't happen till after I get my F1 45 suppressor built though...

wanderson
05-17-16, 15:07
I've had an FNX-45 'non tactical' for several years now, no problems, no issues. Low recoil and accurate.
Trigger is just 'OK', nothing to complain about, but not as good as my Sig P220 or CZ-97B. Better than a 'combat trigger' like my Beretta 92.
I looked hard at an HK45 or USP 45 before buying my FNX. I've had an HK USP 9mm for years and it's been solid. The price difference was enough for me to take a chance and I'm glad I did.
The 15 round capacity is hard to top.

Tequila45
05-17-16, 21:37

There is always one guy that likes to piss in the Cheerios.

I have an fnp that I purchased when originally released in 07. Never had a problem and soft shooting .45. I never really got used to the cheese grater grip but a set of talon grips changed that for the better. I tactical version is next on my list.

I say get one.

ramairthree
05-17-16, 22:49
Still resisting.
Everything I want in that niche of handgun except a metal frame.

Laugh at my curmudgeoness.

diving dave
05-18-16, 09:01
Resistance is futile......:cool:

Flankenstein
05-18-16, 10:52

I can't get mine to flex anywhere near that pistol. Obv lemon, obv problem has been solved, you obv know nothing.

Chiral
05-18-16, 11:00
I can't get mine to flex anywhere near that pistol. Obv lemon, obv problem has been solved, you obv know nothing.

Yes, as I "obv" stated I hadn't seen the follow up video and thanked someone upstream in the thread for providing the link.

wanderson
05-18-16, 12:05
I never really got used to the cheese grater grip but a set of talon grips changed that for the better.

I've never been a fan of the cheese grater grip either. I use a Talon rubberized grip on my Ruger LC9S and it's great, but for my FNX-45 I put an Agrip on it. It's a suede-like material, works well with sweaty hands, super comfy but great grip. Similar to the feel of an alcantara steering wheel. The material's thick enough you can't feel any texture from the grater grip. It will add a little more thickness to the grip, unlike the Talon.

Tequila45
05-18-16, 15:15
[QUOTE=wanderson;2319961]I've never been a fan of the cheese grater grip either. I use a Talon rubberized grip on my Ruger LC9S and it's great, but for my FNX-45 I put an Agrip on it. It's a suede-like material, works well with sweaty hands, super comfy but great grip. Similar to the feel of an alcantara steering wheel. The material's thick enough you can't feel any texture from the grater grip. It will add a little more thickness to the grip, unlike the Talon.[/QUOTE

I am glad the talon doesn't add any more thickness. It just feels right.

I have bigger hands so I've always like the size of the grip, but the grip is still big enough that when I installed an apl, I am barely able to reach the control switch to turn the apl on.

svtpwnz
05-18-16, 21:23
Fantastic pistol no doubt and I'll eventually have one soon. I was looking for one recently and came across a OD HK USP 45 tactical instead and well, that was not a very diffacult choice to make.

556A2
05-19-16, 20:35
Nice pistols, but I passed due to FNP/FNX/FNS magazine incompatibility along with FN's innate ability to discontinue product lines.

Total shame.

ramairthree
05-19-16, 22:30
Yeah, they are like beretta in that regard.

I am passing on.
If I am going to spend over 1k on a suppressor host it will be metal,
As much as I like the total package of options.

I might just get the XDM 4.5 threaded barrel gun.
I have had an itch for an XDM comp concurrent with my 45 suppressor host itch.
Maybe that will scratch both.