PDA

View Full Version : Washington State Semi Auto Gun Ban Bill Update?

XtremeDuty22
05-19-16, 18:56
Does anyone know what the status is of this unconstitutional bill that was introduced at the beginning of this year? I can't find any updates on it online.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
05-19-16, 19:29
I didn't think it was going to come before council until July, but I might be wrong.

drtywk
05-19-16, 20:11
It died during the last session, but I am sure that it will be reintroduced during next years session.

XtremeDuty22
05-19-16, 21:32
The only thing I could find on the Washington State legislature website was it said on Mar 10
1st Special session "By resolution, reintroduced and retained in present status". I didn't know what that meant.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Iraqgunz
05-19-16, 23:07
Moved to the correct location.

Moose-Knuckle
05-20-16, 03:43
Got to love states that legalize dope but bans guns.

WickedWillis
05-20-16, 10:46

The tax revenue that created though, should make every other state jealous. Washington is much like Oregon. A majority of the state is Conservative run by a dense population hub that is Liberal.

Eurodriver
05-20-16, 10:50
The tax revenue that created though, should make every other state jealous. Washington is much like Oregon. A majority of the state is Conservative run by a dense population hub that is Liberal.

$250 million/yr for the next 4 years is the estimated tax proceeds right now.

That would pay for all of Washington state's public assistance programs, every year, with a $30m surplus

[source] https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_state_budget_and_finances

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-20-16, 13:34

Mag ban and legal pot and Denver's murders doubled and property crime almost doubled too.

WickedWillis
05-20-16, 14:07
Mag ban and legal pot and Denver's murders doubled and property crime almost doubled too.

Isn't Colorado reneging on their magazine ban?

Flankenstein
05-20-16, 16:24

Welcome to every state in the nation, guy.

WickedWillis
05-20-16, 16:30
Welcome to every state in the nation, guy.

I would probably exclude California and New York in that broad stroke, but that's just me.

Eurodriver
05-20-16, 16:46
I would probably exclude California and New York in that broad stroke, but that's just me.

You should probably exclude VT, NH, ME, MA, DE, CT, and RI before you exclude NY.

It is interesting though - exclude Tallanasty (FSU), Gainesville (UF), Orlando, the Tampa metro area, and NY#2 (South FL) and even Florida is all red.

Btw, WTF Alaska?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8d/2012_Presidential_Election_by_County.svg/2000px-2012_Presidential_Election_by_County.svg.png

Firefly
05-20-16, 17:35
I'm no expert on Alaska but from what I hear, meth and alcoholism is a real problem there.

It is worth noting that these blue areas in red states tend to have a lot of substance abuse and crime.

Bullshit politicians with bullshit policies making bullshit promises they can not keep. But love taxes.

WickedWillis
05-20-16, 18:56
I'm no expert on Alaska but from what I hear, meth and alcoholism is a real problem there.

It is worth noting that these blue areas in red states tend to have a lot of substance abuse and crime.

Bullshit politicians with bullshit policies making bullshit promises they can not keep. But love taxes.

In my experience it was Natives while i was doing commercial fishing up there.

Firefly
05-20-16, 19:08
In my experience it was Natives while i was doing commercial fishing up there.

Hepped up on meth or just criminality in general.

I have always said one day I'd like to go to Alaska to see the sights, but I am told there's no women, no jobs, lots of theft and it's essentially American Siberia.

Plus they have Scandinavian levels of suicide but no Black Metal to show for it.

So that turned me off to it.

docsherm
05-20-16, 19:08
You should probably exclude VT, NH, ME, MA, DE, CT, and RI before you exclude NY.

It is interesting though - exclude Tallanasty (FSU), Gainesville (UF), Orlando, the Tampa metro area, and NY#2 (South FL) and even Florida is all red.

Btw, WTF Alaska?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8d/2012_Presidential_Election_by_County.svg/2000px-2012_Presidential_Election_by_County.svg.png

All this map shows me is that Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio suck, a lot.... and El Valle is a complete loss. Everything else that matters looks good.... ;)

SomeOtherGuy
05-20-16, 20:45
Btw, WTF Alaska?

The areas showing as blue are virtually unpopulated, and what tiny population they have is mostly the natives. For whatever reason, a lot of native americans tend to vote Dem.

bzdog
05-20-16, 21:01

Keep in mind WA currently has decent gun laws. PERSONAL 2nd amendment protection in the state constitution, will issue carry, no firearms signs have no weight of law, state preemption prohibiting cities from creating more restrictive gun laws, sbr, silencers.

Attacks on personal freedoms are constant EVERYWHERE. It is safe to assume every year they will try.

-john

Firefly
05-20-16, 21:15
For whatever reason, a lot of native americans tend to vote Dem.

That pisses me off. Living on a Rez is totally voluntary.
I admit, taking a bit of pride in one's heritage is all well and good, but getting drunk and high all day has nothing to do with Custer or Wounded Knee.

It's literally worse than black people bitching about slavery and reparations.

It happened. It's over. Go and live your damn life and stop grousing. Every continent or country was conquered to some extent.

But it's the 21st century and well...if it were me, I'd just (and have) try to live a normal life.

"White man speak with forked tongue".
White man also has cool stuff and hot daughters.

Again, remembering history is fanfreakingtastic, but getting high, drunk, and voting Democrat all day is lame.

Same goes for the Left Coast Asians. These bastards y'all elect would gladly fry you for taking up arms to defend your stores.

I'm mixed, but that's just genetics.
Who I am is who I choose to be

Just say'n

bzdog
05-20-16, 21:34
FWIW, there are no reservations in Alaska.

-john

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Firefly
05-20-16, 21:51

-john

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then they have even less excuse to vote Democrat.

SomeOtherGuy
05-20-16, 23:12
-john

Technically true, but there are areas that are owned by "native corporations" and are essentially set aside for primary or exclusive use of the native tribes. They aren't technically reservations and the "how they got there" is different, but practically speaking they are similar.

There are also vast areas that are open to anyone, but what few settlements there are, are predominantly occupied by natives. Including much of the areas showing in blue on the 2012 election map.

Anyway, major thread veer.

Moose-Knuckle
05-21-16, 01:55

Yeah it sounded great didn't? I read an article the other day about how the whole legal weed thing really isn't working out like CO thought it was.

bzdog
05-21-16, 02:34
Technically true, but there are areas that are owned by "native corporations" and are essentially set aside for primary or exclusive use of the native tribes. They aren't technically reservations and the "how they got there" is different, but practically speaking they are similar.

There are also vast areas that are open to anyone, but what few settlements there are, are predominantly occupied by natives. Including much of the areas showing in blue on the 2012 election map.

Anyway, major thread veer.

I think the point of the land holdings of the native corporations is more as the land as an economic resource (timber, oil, minerals) rather than a place to put people. If you look at southeast Alaska (which includes several "major" population centers- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan), most people of native decent don't live on property owned by native corporations.

Anyhow, this is an idiotic tangent, and I don't know why I responded to such idiotic post in the first place and why I didn't just say that's an idiotic post.

-john

JC5188
05-21-16, 04:58
That pisses me off. Living on a Rez is totally voluntary.
I admit, taking a bit of pride in one's heritage is all well and good, but getting drunk and high all day has nothing to do with Custer or Wounded Knee.

It's literally worse than black people bitching about slavery and reparations.

It happened. It's over. Go and live your damn life and stop grousing. Every continent or country was conquered to some extent.

But it's the 21st century and well...if it were me, I'd just (and have) try to live a normal life.

"White man speak with forked tongue".
White man also has cool stuff and hot daughters.

Again, remembering history is fanfreakingtastic, but getting high, drunk, and voting Democrat all day is lame.

Same goes for the Left Coast Asians. These bastards y'all elect would gladly fry you for taking up arms to defend your stores.

I'm mixed, but that's just genetics.
Who I am is who I choose to be

Just say'n

Easy..."native Americans" or Indians as we call ourselves most of the time, are like any other population. It largely depends on where you are and if abject poverty is the rule, rather than the exception.

Oklahoma is literally translated to "red man", or more recently "red people". To put into context the "always vote Dem", take a look at us on the map. No need to look up the last election either, as its identical. Not a single one of 77 counties went to the Dems in the last two prez elections.

Firefly
05-21-16, 12:43
Easy..."native Americans" or Indians as we call ourselves most of the time, are like any other population. It largely depends on where you are and if abject poverty is the rule, rather than the exception.

Oklahoma is literally translated to "red man", or more recently "red people". To put into context the "always vote Dem", take a look at us on the map. No need to look up the last election either, as its identical. Not a single one of 77 counties went to the Dems in the last two prez elections.

That's Oklahoma. All well and good if you are Oklahoman.

Per etymology, Native American has unfortunate implications. Indians are from India. I prefer First Nations myself.

And I know the whole Rez deal. Trailer parks of folks who just don't care and actively try to hold back anyone who tries to escape.

Seen it. Don't care to get into it. It disgusts me.

It shouldn't matter, but I'm mixed. Some things I like. Some I dont. Redheads with green eyes and pallid skin trying to wear ceremonial garb or swarthy, almond eyed, raven-haired people dressing ghetto and speak with little erudition. Both bother me. So I claim neither. I happily check miscellaneous on anything that asks what I am.

Kind of a tangent. I don't know. I just know that it sometimes is worse to willfully self seclude.

It's depressing topic that I probably don't want to pursue.

JC5188
05-21-16, 13:40
That's Oklahoma. All well and good if you are Oklahoman.

Per etymology, Native American has unfortunate implications. Indians are from India. I prefer First Nations myself.

And I know the whole Rez deal. Trailer parks of folks who just don't care and actively try to hold back anyone who tries to escape.

Seen it. Don't care to get into it. It disgusts me.

It shouldn't matter, but I'm mixed. Some things I like. Some I dont. Redheads with green eyes and pallid skin trying to wear ceremonial garb or swarthy, almond eyed, raven-haired people dressing ghetto and speak with little erudition. Both bother me. So I claim neither. I happily check miscellaneous on anything that asks what I am.

Kind of a tangent. I don't know. I just know that it sometimes is worse to willfully self seclude.

It's depressing topic that I probably don't want to pursue.

Fair enough...I'm only part Cherokee myself. And yeah, I don't go to the Indian hospital for free healthcare either. But again, the reservation thing...yeah there are plenty like you describe. That's certainly not the norm around here.

It's one of the few peeves I have though, being lumped in with the bad. F that. I feel the same way when people say that about other sub-sets of people, and not even necessarily ethnic groups. Police officers would be one that is current, and that you can certainly relate to.

If you don't want to pursue it, I get it. I won't either from here.

Firefly
05-21-16, 14:54
It's all good, brother.

I think, at the core, we agree just from different vantage points.

But my main complaint is that minorities get bird-dogged by Democrats into voting for them and don't end up anywhere but the bottom.

They want all these gun laws, taxes,etc and try to sell to the impoverished and disadvantaged all these lies to get votes.

It's a reliable chicken coop.

Real talk. All gun laws exist as direct result of Jim Crow or to protect the elites. All projects are just dumping grounds for people who they don't want living in their neighborhood.

Carrot and stick. That's why you can't relax in America. Too much skullduggery and carpetbagging. Nobody wants to leave people alone and let them find their own way.

There is no social contract. No negotiation.

They just get in, take over, criminalize everything and make every new crime a felony like tge Soviets did.

What was legal one day, is a hard felony the next. All because someone wrote it on paper. And that just grinds my grars because the people doing this are not the people who are made to enforce it.

JC5188
05-21-16, 17:09
It's all good, brother.

I think, at the core, we agree just from different vantage points.

But my main complaint is that minorities get bird-dogged by Democrats into voting for them and don't end up anywhere but the bottom.

They want all these gun laws, taxes,etc and try to sell to the impoverished and disadvantaged all these lies to get votes.

It's a reliable chicken coop.

Real talk. All gun laws exist as direct result of Jim Crow or to protect the elites. All projects are just dumping grounds for people who they don't want living in their neighborhood.

Carrot and stick. That's why you can't relax in America. Too much skullduggery and carpetbagging. Nobody wants to leave people alone and let them find their own way.

There is no social contract. No negotiation.

They just get in, take over, criminalize everything and make every new crime a felony like tge Soviets did.

What was legal one day, is a hard felony the next. All because someone wrote it on paper. And that just grinds my grars because the people doing this are not the people who are made to enforce it.

Quoted for truth, right here.

And I suspect you're right about the different vantage points...matter of fact, now that I think about it more, I'm sure of it.

Stay safe bro.

Ouroborous
05-24-16, 23:34
...ND

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk