PDA

View Full Version : Taran Tactical Grandmaster Kit

ExplorinInTheWoods
05-23-16, 08:49
So I'm looking to upgrade a glock 34 for 3 gun, his kit is very reasonably priced and he's kown for making good stuff. I've shot plenty of glocks with the ghost connectors and I've shot glocks with the agency and edge trigger by glock works. Does anyone have experience with the Taran kit and does it compare to feel like any of the aforementioned triggers?

Vegasshooter
05-23-16, 11:40
I have the TT G34 CombatMaster pistol. Bought it complete about 6 months ago. I have shot the heck out of it. I have at least 5000 rounds out of this pistol in the last 6 months, likely more. I can tell you that to me, it is the absolute pinnacle of what can be done to a Glock. I don't have any time on Salient or Agency guns, only TT. The trigger is fantastic. It really compares to a 1911 trigger far more than any Glock trigger I've ever shot. I know I sound like a fanboy, and that's not the case, the TT gun is really that good. The stipple job they do on the grip is very comfortable. The mag well is huge, and helps lock the pistol in your hand very well. I shoot 3 gun and have shot a ton of steel with it. The gun tracks super flat. Ive shot with other guys and they've commented that the gun just doesn't look like it's moving during recoil. It's flat and fast target to target. On a steel plate rack my best time is a 3.25 in full duty gear. That shooting a triple retention Safariland holster. My splits are around .34 shot to shot on 6" steel plates at 8-10 yds. I think that's pretty decent with a 100% reliable duty worthy gun. No red dot, no comp. The gun is just flat out fun! For the cost of the TT ( $1800)vs. Salient and Agency guns at $3000, I really am pleased.

ExplorinInTheWoods
05-23-16, 13:37
I've been leaning towards using a lot of his stuff. My 34 is a gen 4 mos that I picked up for super cheap. I got the MOS because my dad wants to use it in open class because his eyes aren't what they used to be but I want to upgrade the trigger and I know I want to use his aluminum magwell. If it doesn't recoil then his guide rod and spring must be pretty awesome. I'm just not crazy on the feel of a stippled gun so that's why I'm not sending my gun off to him and I feel like most of the parts I want anyways I can install myself.

Chrisreedrules
05-23-16, 16:00
The Taran tactical trigger kit is typically the only one I recommend. I see Zevs have a lot issues. Tartans have been pretty reliable for the most part.

ExplorinInTheWoods
05-23-16, 18:01
That's good to know that they're reliable, that's the last thing I would want is for the gun to go down in the middle of a stage.

Vegasshooter
05-23-16, 18:33
The other thing TT does is make a series of lightening cuts on the slide. The combination of the slide lightening and the recoil spring assembly definately lightens up the reciprocating mass. The combo all works together to make the gun shoot flatter.

I understand not digging on stippling, I usually don't either. What I will say is the TT is the best that I've felt. The other option is they have a "carry" stipple job that only does the front and backstrap. This leaves the sides untouched. They have done the stipple in such a way as it doesn't abrade and it doesn't feel like a cheese grater like many home done soldering iron jobs do.

All in all, for what it is: a customized polymer pistol, I think Taran does it really well. Affordability is relative, but it is much less than the equivalent Agency or Salient. Nothing against them, they are beautiful guns, I just can't spend 3k on a Glock.

Vegasshooter
05-23-16, 18:34
double tap

ExplorinInTheWoods
05-23-16, 19:58
Yeah some of the ones I've handled feel like you're holding a brick of charcoal.

Dacam
07-08-16, 09:26
I dont own the new Grandmaster G34 but I bought a complete TTI G34. Ive got maybe 1k rounds through this sweet shooter and can honestly say that this is the best custom glock ive ever shot.
I was so impressed with the feel of the Taran g34, I tried to replicate it in my G17 by installing TTI internal parts. NOT! The g17 trigger pull got slightly better, lighter, and smoother but it was NO where near the TTI G34. Taran does some special work on the trigger bar im guessing to get there guns to have such a cleaner lighter break along with a shorter reset.
The g34 was expensive, but no where near Agency or Salient. Well worth the money imo.
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n552/Dacam1/public/IMG_1283%20-%20Copy_zpsgbjpzwxa.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/Dacam1/media/public/IMG_1283%20-%20Copy_zpsgbjpzwxa.jpg.html)

ExplorinInTheWoods
08-18-16, 21:57
My TTI grandmaster kit came in as well as the guide rod, I decided to hold off on the magwell for now. I have my first uspsa match on saturday and I'm going to hold off until after the match to install everything so that I can take it out and get a feel for the how it changed. I am excited to see how it is. The stock 34 trigger isn't as good as people think, I think glock stretches the truth on their 4.5 lb trigger pull