PDA

View Full Version : MARS Colt M45A1

mysak
05-24-16, 00:34
I have a M45A1 custom shop gun that I've become fond of and I am thinking about sending it to MARS to enhance the feeling. The guns pretty darn accurate and the hand fitting from the factory seems acceptable and the trigger feels good to me. So I'm thinking golf ball texture, mag well, fitted grip safety, possible thumb safeties (the factory feels decent but could be better). The colt custom shop installed 10-8 sights for me before it shipped so the sights are good. just seeing what others think and if you have a Mars build your input is valued.

Kyohte
05-24-16, 17:02
I have had Mars do some work, but nothing major. I would have him do an axiom package and add-on the golfballs and magwell. They do good work.

mysak
05-24-16, 17:22
I am not familiar with the axiom package but I'm not sure if a full build is required the gun is great as is and in my opinion it just needs massaging.

BigJoe
06-03-16, 08:09
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?72972-MARS-armament-builds-lets-see-em

Steve is a great guy, i have 3 guns from him. little job or big, he'll take care of ya.

I would call and talk to him, he is usually pretty realistic with build expectations rather than pushing people to do a full build just to make a buck.

noops
06-06-16, 13:53
+1. I have a full MARS build. I've owned a Rogers, 2 Wilsons, Berryhill, Guncrafter, and an Ed Brown. Sold all but one wilson and the MARS I will never sell. He's fantastic to work with, and I think builds one of the best out there.

opngrnd
06-06-16, 17:06
I REALLY like the golf ball treatment and his mag well. I have an Axiom with 10-8 sights, golf balled front strap and mag well, and it's a keeper. Buy with confidence.

sn8kedoc
06-07-16, 16:23
Steve is an awesome dude. He did my colt xse last year and man is she a joy to shoot and just gorgeous.