PDA

View Full Version : Real Sports on HBO

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-24-16, 21:31
Why in the hell would Real Sports have a hit piece on ARs???? Actually, that isn't that hard to figure out, HBO has gone full stupid. They are even losing me with GoT.

-Same gun as the M16 with a single change
-5.56 is the most lethal round used by any military
-Greatest rifle ever made
-Killed a guy who was shot in the ankle
-Designed by a guy named Sullivan- no mention of Stoner?
-The name "Sporter" was a ruse
-12 million ARs in circulation
-Lethality not reduced with SA
-Operates the same as an M16
-Slide fire stocks
-Magazines that holds dozens of rounds!!
-Police were outgunned by the San Bernardino shooters.... Don't be a bitch and carry Mini-14s.

Gumbel says "Lot's of blame to go around- NRA, politicians, the gun manufacturers", but oddly he doesn't mention the shooters....

The fact that even in their report they say that the Aurora Shooter told his shrink that he wanted to kill as many people as possible doesn't raise a flag with them. The fact that the people they call out for using the guns- Lanza, San Bernardino shooters and Holmes are either bat crap crazy or terrorists- never enters the equation. Or the fact that how many ARs out of 12,000,000 in circulation were used?

Statistically, we would all be safer if all 200 million guns in the US were ARs. ARs are used to kill far fewer people than other guns.

"We don't let RPGs, at least yet."

Funny, they went after NSSF and not the NRA.... I guess the NSSF headquarters is fairly close to Newtown.

And Bryant Gumble's last word of the report "Scary.."

Firefly
05-24-16, 21:46
True Story:

I watched one episode of 'Girls' and rage-canceled HBO the next day and even wrote a letter of complaint.

Hence why I never got on the Game of Thrones deal.

Which is sad. Because HBO used to put out some hilarious comedy stand ups and Generation Kill and Band of Brothers was awesome.

And I've never watched real sports.

I dont even watch sports except for NASCAR crashes and Women's Beach Volleyball.

But yeah thats par for the course these days

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-24-16, 21:53
"Real" Sports is usually about what liberal ideology do we want to espouse today. It's never worth a watch of you actually like sports. Of course they would run garbage like that, it has nothing to do with real sports.

223to45
05-24-16, 22:08
-Police were outgunned by the San Bernardino shooters.... Don't be a bitch and carry Mini-14s.
.."

Hmmm ,who came out on top that?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nml
05-24-16, 23:21
Brother, there is no room for facts or critical thinking in their agenda. The "debate" or "national discussion" is simply a misdirection tactic from (1) mental health and (2) crime.

Unalienable. The end.

brickboy240
05-25-16, 10:51
HBO is chock full of leftist nonsense.

Vice, Girls, Real Time and yes...Real Sports.

...who does not know this?

Pilot1
05-25-16, 12:02
Most of the cable and regular networks are far left, and anti (legal) gun ownership. Many of these outlets are loss leaders, and bleed money, but the corporations that own them like Comcast, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft etc are very profitable. It is worth it to them to spread their leftist lies.

chuckman
05-25-16, 12:18
Bryant Gumble = hit piece/crap journalism. Once upon a time that was a pretty good show. Now it's....crap.

ggammell
05-25-16, 14:45
If he was that good he'd still be on the today show.

Benito
05-26-16, 23:02
a) Jim Sullivan is either senile and/or oblivious to what he walked into
b) What business does Gumble have flapping his turd-chomping mouth about firearms?
c) The Left has taken over all mainstream media outlets. All of them.
d) .223/5.56 is the most lethal cartridge evah? So, it's more "lethal" than .50 BMG, .338 Lapua Magnum, .300 Win Mag, etc. etc.? Damn!!! My ARs aren't just poodle shooters - they're bona fide weapons of mass destruction!

Sensei
05-26-16, 23:12
What do you expect from the broadcast home of Bill Maher and "Girls" - consistency and intelligence?

C-grunt
05-27-16, 01:45
Hmmm ,who came out on top that?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Beat me to it.

SteyrAUG
05-27-16, 02:01
HBO is chock full of leftist nonsense.

Vice, Girls, Real Time and yes...Real Sports.

...who does not know this?

Never watched "Real Sports", "Girls" or wasted much time with "Real Time" since I know it's Mahers leftist pulpit. Have watched Vice a few times and despite being a Maher production it seems to attempt to present both sides and is far more honest about most Middle East issues than our current administration.

I can't really blame HBO for offering programing for every demographic, especially those that prove the most profitable. Lots of shows I hate, I simply don't watch them. When the day comes that HBO has nothing of interest for me, then I will simply cancel HBO.

djegators
05-27-16, 06:43
I will never watch it to find out, but it is very possible that this was edited and taken out of context.

Arik
05-27-16, 07:37
I actually like Vice. Yea yea I know ..... but they have some cool "mini" documenteries that you won't see anywhere else. Like the one where they took a transsiberian train, in Russia, to a logging factory run by N. Korea and staffed with N. Koreans who don't even know they left their country. And they got to shoot guns and drink beers with the local Russian mobsters

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Co-gnARR
05-27-16, 08:04
Bill Maher produces Vice, so just keep, that in mind. I do however enjoy some of the episodes of Vice for reasons mentioned above.

Firefly
05-27-16, 10:35
TBH when it doesn't get stupid....Vice is kinda like what Soldier of Fortune used to be. Only they send out and proud hipster types to some raunchy hellholes with nothing but a cameraman.

They were first to report on the Kurdish resistance, they've done a piece on Krokodil(which is some grody stuff), and the North Korean trip.

I'm surprised one of their reporters hasn't been killed yet

SteyrAUG
05-27-16, 15:40
TBH when it doesn't get stupid....Vice is kinda like what Soldier of Fortune used to be. Only they send out and proud hipster types to some raunchy hellholes with nothing but a cameraman.

They were first to report on the Kurdish resistance, they've done a piece on Krokodil(which is some grody stuff), and the North Korean trip.

I'm surprised one of their reporters hasn't been killed yet

And they send that little "peace corps" kid to the worst effin places in the world. I'm always amazed when he doesn't get shot, stabbed, raped or killed. He's definitely got guts.

nof555
05-27-16, 18:59
This guy just keeps spewing crap. Why hold an interview with someone if you have no intent to listen to them?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ksHGaIoG4

This was bonus footage not aired on the show..... I wonder why

Firefly
05-27-16, 20:12
"HBO's on the line wanting to talk guns"

"That's cute. Not interested."

No matter how well reasoned or well planned your discourse.....you will get Daily Showed.

JoshNC
05-28-16, 11:05
We need to stop stating that ARs are not military rifles. We are allowing our opponents to control the dialogue. The whole point of the 2A is to protect our ability to own military rifles. The answer should be, "yes these are military rifles - that is the intent of the 2A."

How could Sullivan have agreed to be interviewed by HBO? I sincerely hope he was simply edited by HBO to fit their narrative.

nml
05-28-16, 11:55
I disagree. The 2A is an individual right asserting the unalienable right to own the tools required to defend yourself and the nation. Playing into their stupid ban game by calling them "military" offers no advantage. Drill your lower and install an M16 FCG then let me know how much current LEOs view your 2A.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-28-16, 12:26
This guy just keeps spewing crap. Why hold an interview with someone if you have no intent to listen to them?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ksHGaIoG4

This was bonus footage not aired on the show..... I wonder why

Anytime someone starts a sentence with "To be fair..." they are not going to be fair. Stop them, interrupt them, make fun of them.

"To be fair.."
"To be fair? That is the most innacurrate start of a sentence since 'No offense'. So, 'No offense', but you are not being fair. You are injecting your own biases into the argument under the claim that they you are only doing it in the name of balance."

PLUS, if one more idiot talks about how lethal the 5.56 is.

It was not designed to be some kind of death ray, it was designed from a 222 Remington cartridge, a varmint round.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.222_Remington

I still like Ben Shapiro's argument about why are we talking about these rifles when the vast majority of people are killed with handguns? If we swapped out ARs for handguns, we have less deaths, not more.

The_War_Wagon
05-28-16, 14:03
If Gumball had a brain, he'd take it out and play with it... :rolleyes:

djegators
05-31-16, 16:15
AR-15 Inventor Says HBO Grossly Distorted His Views On Guns

A recent anti-gun segment on ‘Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel’ didn’t lie about what I said, it just omitted key parts, which changed the meaning.

The examples I most object to are: 1) When I appear to say that the civilian-model AR-15 is just as effective or deadly as the military M16, they omitted that I had said “When firing semi-auto only” and that “the select fire M16 on full auto is of course more effective”; and 2) the interviewer pretended not to understand the relevance that, due to the Hague Convention, military bullets cannot be expanding hollow points like hunting bullets that give up all of their energy in the target body instead of passing through with minimum wound effect, with most of the energy still in the bullet and wasted.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/31/hbos-real-sports-misrepresented-my-comments-about-ar-15s/#.V039J01hL9g.facebook

nml
05-31-16, 17:09
Anyone else think the NFA made the rare rifle mass shooting more effective? Shooters were firing more accurately on semi and reloading less with longer, higher velocity barrels.

Horrible events either way.

Firefly
05-31-16, 17:19
Interesting.

Charles Whitman had hunting rifles and set it off.

So the whole paramilitary assault rifle spiel is weak

brickboy240
06-01-16, 10:55
Whitman also had an M-1 Carbine.

Not really a hunting rifle.