PDA

View Full Version : BCM peening on barrel extension lugs?

GRJ
05-26-16, 17:36
Hello,

I have two complete BCM uppers both have the exact same marks. One is 2 years old with 1500 rounds down it the other is 1 week old with 100 rounds down it. Is this anything to be concerned about? Bolt looks fine. Marks are on the lugs, near the corner, on the left side. thoughts. It just seems odd that two complete uppers have the same marks.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/GR00VYJERRY/Mobile%20Uploads/20160329_194447_zpsesdq9vrh.jpg (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GR00VYJERRY/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160329_194447_zpsesdq9vrh.jpg.html)

ETA picture with circles indicating marks since some people are unsure what I am talking about.
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/GR00VYJERRY/lugs_zpsg7funebc.png (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GR00VYJERRY/media/lugs_zpsg7funebc.png.html)

Two lugs in the picture show it but 3 actually have it. It is the same on both rifles.

thanks

kirkland
05-26-16, 17:48
Hello,

I have two complete BCM uppers both have the exact same marks. One is 2 years old with 1500 rounds down it the other is 1 week old with 100 rounds down it. Is this anything to be concerned about? Bolt looks fine. Marks are on the lugs, near the corner, on the left side. thoughts. It just seems odd that two complete uppers have the same marks.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/GR00VYJERRY/Mobile%20Uploads/20160329_194447_zpsesdq9vrh.jpg (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GR00VYJERRY/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160329_194447_zpsesdq9vrh.jpg.html)

Two lugs in the picture show it but 3 actually have it. It is the same on both rifles.

thanks

Weird. Mine doesn't have that.

GRJ
05-26-16, 21:35
I will try and get a picture of my new upper group and post it for comparison. I asked BCM and they said it was within spec. I just find it weird that two uppers have this issue. I have never seen this before on any other AR.

Skyyr
05-26-16, 21:39
I have a Noveske with the exact same issue - looks identical. No idea if it's normal or not.

joeyjoe
05-26-16, 22:58
I see what you are referencing, but i don't know if its worth being concerned about or not. I can say that none of my BCM factory uppers have those marks. My Colt doesn't either.

nml
05-26-16, 23:27
Those lugs receive less stress than the others so even with minor additional stress on those lugs I doubt it would be enough to affect bolt life (by making those lugs fail before the others). It doesn't seem serious enough to prevent you from getting a full bolt service life (3.5-5K rounds) and probably way past that.

I am not an armorer however.

GRJ
05-27-16, 00:45
Im sure i'll make fan boys get all upset and what not but i find that BCM has a quality control issue. The bolt shouldnt be destroying the lugs. I think im gonna sell these uppers and move on. I cant buy another bcm in good faith. Eventually that contact will cause the bolt to fail and i cant trust their gear anymore. The fact that bcm says it is normal that the bolt gouge out the barrel extension lugs seems mighty ridiculous.

nml
05-27-16, 00:51
Hopefully you didn't misunderstand me? I said when the bolt fails it will likely not be the lugs on that side -- the bolt lugs.

kirkland
05-27-16, 01:16
Im sure i'll make fan boys get all upset and what not but i find that BCM has a quality control issue. The bolt shouldnt be destroying the lugs. I think im gonna sell these uppers and move on. I cant buy another bcm in good faith. Eventually that contact will cause the bolt to fail and i cant trust their gear anymore. The fact that bcm says it is normal that the bolt gouge out the barrel extension lugs seems mighty ridiculous.

Are you sure it's coming from the bolt or is it some kind of manufacturing defect on the barrel extention? I just don't see how the bolt could gouge the barrel extension lugs that badly. How about a picture of the bolt lugs?

C-grunt
05-27-16, 01:50
what are the specs on the uppers and how much are you selling hem for?

joeyjoe
05-27-16, 01:57
its likely the bolt did not create those little cut areas. I bet we are looking at machining marks. I don't know if it would ever have an impact on functionality, but i wouldn't want my barrel extension lugs looking like that.

3 AE
05-27-16, 02:50
Maybe it's the lighting on the extension photo, but I don't see any shiny streaks on the lugs in question. Is there corresponding wear areas on the bolt lugs. It would be a significant burr(s) to cause what you claim is happening. Posting a picture of the bolt lugs as suggested by "kirkland" might help. Were the grooves there to begin with or did they start to gradually appear over time? To me they are just tooling marks. BCM says their "in spec". I would trust their judgement and move on.

GH41
05-27-16, 06:56
I was able to find find a thread with the extension in a LWRC rifle with almost identical marks (low round count). LWRC said it was tolerance stacking and not a problem. Put me in line behind C-grunt if you decide to sell them.

Eurodriver
05-27-16, 07:17
How does it shoot?

HelloLarry
05-27-16, 07:56
what are the specs on the uppers and how much are you selling hem for?
Ditto.
I'll safely dispose of one of those dangerous uppers for you. But not if they are Keymod or NFA. :)

JC5188
05-27-16, 08:16
No offense, but you sure do have a lot of "problems" with your AR rifles.

And I'm not a fanboy, I don't own a bcm rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orlanger
05-27-16, 08:20
To the OP, from looking at your past posts and threads you seem very concerned about "wear" of your carbines. Guns are machines made of metal, with controlled explosion happening inside, it's gonna wear with time. Nothing I've seen in any of your pics, constitutes abnormal or excessive wear. Shoot the guns and run them hard, when they break (because eventually they will), then worry if you want, when you're done worrying, fix them.

ETA: I'll consider taking them off your hands, and I prefer Keymod and NFA.:)

GRJ
05-27-16, 12:10
Just for clarification. I had issues with a DD in the past. DD the rifle in and swapped uppers and barrels because, besides the marks i was seeing in the receiver, the bolt was literally gouging the chamber face. DD even said that was not righ and an issue they had to fix. So enough of the smearing of what my perceived issues were.

Back on track. I have no idea if they were there on the first upper i bought a couple years ago. The second i just bought i purposefully checked because i was concerned about the peening on the first one. There were no marks at all. After 120 rounds they started to show up.

zackmars
05-27-16, 12:17
What did BCM tell you?

GRJ
05-27-16, 12:47
Here is the newest one. There were no marks prior to firing and then 120 rounds later the lugs started showing the peening. It seems that if the bolt is hitting that would not be ideal. Forgot to mention, I only shoot Federal XM193. I do not shoot steel cased ammo.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/GR00VYJERRY/Mobile%20Uploads/20160527_003129_zpsbsatpabd.jpg (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GR00VYJERRY/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160527_003129_zpsbsatpabd.jpg.html)

The contact is made on the lugs between 9 and 12 o'clock.

Eurodriver
05-27-16, 13:55
I don't inspect my rifles so thoroughly, and I don't get why anyone would really ever find themselves staring at minute imperfections deep inside the upper receiver of a relatively new rifle. However, for science, I grabbed one of my BCMs out to check anyway. This rifle has many thousands of rounds through it. It is an 11.5" circa 2012.

In this pic, you can faintly see a mark similar to what is in the OP. I have circled it in red. This rifle has never, ever, ever missed a beat and I will put it up against any equivalently outfitted AR on the planet. I can say unequivocally that you have nothing to worry about GRJ.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_6266_zps6hd6yyra.jpg

Eurodriver
05-27-16, 14:01
dupe,

connorr93
05-27-16, 14:09
*Edit.

Neither of my BCM uppers look like that. Reasonable concern from OP in my opinion

samuse
05-27-16, 14:27
Couldn't you relieve the spots that touch with a little diamond file?

556BlackRifle
05-27-16, 14:41
This thread interests me for many reasons. I guess I'm just an outlier on a forum full of pros, but I spend more time shooting my rifles than doing deep inspections of lugs inside upper receivers. In fact, I've been a user of the M16 platform since a few weeks out of high school and that's something that I've never done. I can't wait to get to a level of proficiency where I am more concerned about minor metal-on-metal wear than splits and A zone hits while moving.

But I grabbed one of my BCMs out to check anyway, because that seems to be something knowledgeable people do. This rifle has many thousands of rounds through it. I'm not exactly sure, I don't count them. It is an 11.5" circa 2012.

In this pic, you can faintly see a mark similar to what is in the OP. I have circled it in red. I'm sure if the rifle was spotless it would be much more evident. However, cleaning the gun would take time out of shooting the gun...so I probably won't bother.

Edriver, your rifle is too f'd up to shoot. Please send it to me right away so that I can dispose of it properly. ;)

joeyjoe
05-27-16, 16:16
The pics put up by subsequent posters look quite dissimilar to the pics originally posted by the OP. Im not seeing the similarities. just saying.

AKDoug
05-27-16, 16:27
Would some folks put some red circles around the shit they consider wrong? I don't see a flipping thing wrong with any pic in this thread. Lube up and rock on.

Ryno12
05-27-16, 16:58
Would some folks put some red circles around the shit they consider wrong? I don't see a flipping thing wrong with any pic in this thread. Lube up and rock on.

I have no idea what the OP is talking about either.

Based upon some of his other threads, the only advice I can give is:

Don't sweat the petty stuff... pet the sweaty stuff.

Eurodriver
05-27-16, 17:04
I did put a red circle on my image... you mean you can't see the damage? :blink:

GRJ
05-27-16, 17:15
I uploaded a picture to the first post showing the spots that I am talking about. Apparently I am not the only one who thinks this is a concern or potential problem.

Cokie
05-27-16, 17:41
I uploaded a picture to the first post showing the spots that I am talking about. Apparently I am not the only one who thinks this is a concern or potential problem.

It's fine to be concerned but I feel like that's between you and BCM. If it were mine I'd shoot it until it broke and then complain. At this moment in time we all know almost nothing about how well this barrel will work

T2C
05-27-16, 17:53
If you are expecting equal pressure to be applied to all locking lugs, I am afraid you are going to be disappointed. The lug on the side of the extractor does not apply the same pressure to the corresponding locking lug on the barrel extension due to the cut of the extractor.

Back in the day, some gunsmiths experimented with machining the locking lug 180 degrees from the extractor to create even pressure on each side of the bolt in an attempt to enhance accuracy. (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.)

I just pulled the bolt carrier group out of a well worn carbine and I did not see the peening you are showing in the picture in post # 1.

Eurodriver
05-27-16, 17:54
Those marks would be difficult to spot if the rifle was even the slightest bit dirty. How did you even find them?

T2C
05-27-16, 18:02
When two metal surfaces interact, the softer of the two surfaces will experience more wear.

If BCM has a lifetime warranty, shoot the carbine until it dies, then ship it back for repair. If you feel it is something that needs to be addressed now, give BCM a chance to correct the issue.

26 Inf
05-27-16, 18:14
Are you using the same bolt and bolt carrier with both uppers?

I'd echo the request for a photo of the bolt(s).

As someone mentioned earlier, these are mechanical devices and eventually, they will wear to the point of unserviceability IF you use them that much, most shooters don't ever get to that point.

When you look at all the pieces that are interacting with each other, it is more surprising to me that ALL mass -produced rifles don't exhibit more wear. The bolt carrier has to be machined right to ride in the upper correctly, the cam pin and bolt have to be machined correctly to lock and unlock, the upper has to be machined properly to correctly align everything, and so on. Sometimes tolerances stack just right and you have a smooth running tack driver, sometimes the tolerances stack the other way and you have problems with proper functioning.

From your description it sounds as if the rifle is working fine, listen to the advice of folks who have high mileage rifles.

I would leave it alone at this point, keep it well lubed and use the rifle. Check occasionally, but not obsessively.

Good luck.

AKDoug
05-27-16, 18:38

Just you and connorr93... Seriously, over 1200 views of this thread and not a single person of reasonable credibility says you have an issue at all.

GRJ
05-27-16, 19:02
Those marks would be difficult to spot if the rifle was even the slightest bit dirty. How did you even find them?

I found it when I was cleaning it.

BufordTJustice
05-27-16, 19:19
Marks from a Geissele reaction rod during assembly. They weakened the finish in these areas and it is now more easily visible.

Thread/over.

JC5188
05-27-16, 19:35
This is a new Colt 6920. First lug shows a very similar mark. This rifle has never been fired except anything done at the factory.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160528/4c144cedf3829dc28c8a1b2b4eb738d8.jpg

I'm not concerned. That makes BCM, Noveske, LWRC, and now Colt rifles cited as having similar marks.

markm
05-27-16, 21:06
Peening is a natural part of AR wear and tear. Pics of it hang nailing over doesn't tell the story. You need a good head space gauge to tell the truth. Barrel extension peening is what causes excessive head space. But just seeing some material flashing over the lug edges doesn't say much. It should be head space gauged to remove all subjectivity.

T2C
05-27-16, 21:28
Peening is a natural part of AR wear and tear. Pics of it hang nailing over doesn't tell the story. You need a good head space gauge to tell the truth. Barrel extension peening is what causes excessive head space. But just seeing some material flashing over the lug edges doesn't say much. It should be head space gauged to remove all subjectivity.

A proper headspace reading alone won't account for uneven bolt lug, barrel extension engagement. That defect alone could affect short term accuracy and long term durability. Take a close look at the inside edges of the barrel extension where the bolt lugs bear before the bolt goes into full battery. Uneven wear due to unacceptable tolerances could account for premature wear and the loss of a serviceable weapon at thousands of rounds before the end of projected service life.

Safe headspace alone is not a good indicator of proper machining and assembly.

HelloLarry
05-28-16, 08:26
If I was an AR maker, I would blacklist some people on this thread.

"No soup for you!"

JNG3
05-28-16, 15:15
Uhm........yup what HelloLarry said. I'm not even a fan of BCM and see nothing particularly wrong with the lugs. Think about it, lugs on bolt slam into lugs on extension, then chamber pressure rises to 50,000 psi plus, then bolt lugs need to unlock from the extension in a rapid fashion and then it starts all over again! And someone thinks the lugs should look pristine?????? Shoot the damn thing and worry about it when it breaks 10,000 or more rounds later. And remember, I'm NOT a fan of BCM.

markm
05-28-16, 19:18
A proper headspace reading alone won't account for uneven bolt lug, barrel extension engagement. That defect alone could affect short term accuracy and long term durability. Take a close look at the inside edges of the barrel extension where the bolt lugs bear before the bolt goes into full battery. Uneven wear due to unacceptable tolerances could account for premature wear and the loss of a serviceable weapon at thousands of rounds before the end of projected service life.

Hard to tell much without being able to examine the inside of the extension, I'd guess. But yeah... I imagine there'd it would be pretty bad if an extension and bolt lugs didn't mate up evenly.

brushy bill
05-28-16, 20:06
I no see the problem. Even if I did, people stressed about peening on Glock 40s, lack of polymer on Gen 4 slide rails, etc. I get this could be functionally much different, but don't see anything of concern in the photo.

ace4059
05-29-16, 00:37
Marks from a Geissele reaction rod during assembly. They weakened the finish in these areas and it is now more easily visible.

Thread/over.

BT Justice just nailed this one.
The first time I looked at the picture my instinct was the marks were from assemble using the "big G" reaction rod. I just didn't see it sooner to post.

OP,
Shoot it enough and it will start wearing those marks down and smooth them out.
You have nothing to worry about.

ace4059
05-29-16, 00:44

But it would also be hard to pull the bolt/BCG back with the charging handle if the lugs were hitting/catching, then it would smooth out once the lugs are free. Especially if the bolt lugs were "out of timing". I honestly do not think it has anything to do with the barrel extension engagement.

daniel87
05-29-16, 09:59
just debur the lugs with a round needle file.

thread solved

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

HelloLarry
05-29-16, 10:46
Lug bearing evenness has almost zero effect on the accuracy of ARs. There are people that have been down that road. I think Glen Zediker, among others, has written about this.

Other than making sure that headspace is good and bolt overrun is minimal, there isn't anything to be done to the lockup. I've been shooting competitively for almost 20 years and I don't even know anyone who has so much as taken a black marker to check their lug engagement. It's an autorifle. The limitations are in the operation.

T2C
05-29-16, 11:56

Thread/over.

I haven't used the Geissele reaction rod and what you said makes sense. I doubt that would affect reliability.

Op, shoot another 3,000 rounds through both carbines and get back to us with updated pics.

BufordTJustice
05-29-16, 13:38
I haven't used the Geissele reaction rod and what you said makes sense. I doubt that would affect reliability.

Op, shoot another 3,000 rounds through both carbines and get back to us with updated pics.
I've used it and the Botach Tactical knock off. Same marks.

GRJ
05-30-16, 00:42
I guess I could the see the reaction causing It. I have never used the reaction rod on the uppers I have assembled. Would the torque from barrel installation visibly deform the metal lugs, however small? I guess I could see it. Especially if others a are saying they have seen it first hand.

BufordTJustice
05-30-16, 00:47
I guess I could the see the reaction causing It. I have never used the reaction rod on the uppers I have assembled. Would the torque from barrel installation visibly deform the metal lugs, however small? I guess I could see it. Especially if others a are saying they have seen it first hand.
Exactly.

And, the cam pin track dictates that, IF the bolt lugs were making contact with the barrel extension, it would be on the face of the lugs which faced the chamber. The cam pin track just won't allow bolt contact in that area unless there is a tolerance deviation which allowed it (and I've never seen one).

Robb Jensen
05-30-16, 06:15
Does the rifle work?

T2C
05-30-16, 15:53
I am glad I got involved in this thread.

If I purchase a Geissele reaction rod, assemble a carbine and see the marks on the barrel extension, I'll ignore the marks and shoot the carbine.

ace4059
05-30-16, 17:24
Far from it. Its a nice and handy tool to have, very convenient. Just dont over do it on the torque.

26 Inf
05-30-16, 17:50
A handy tool that causes damage to your barrel. No thanks.

Actually it is the extension, not the barrel.

I have the Botach knockoff, I've assembled a half dozen rifles with the tool, I just pulled four of the six out of the safe and looked at them, didn't really see anything out of order. I do have to admit that mine aren't as clean as the OP's.

The Reaction rod is an ingenious device and well worth using.

JM .02

.46caliber
05-30-16, 18:34
Sounds like the reaction rod is a POS

Sounds like you need to do some more reading. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?118152-Geissele-reaction-rod

The Reaction Rod is one of the best tools I've purchased. Makes muzzle devices and barrel nuts a pleasure.

Col_Crocs
05-30-16, 18:59

Thread/over.

This makes the most sense out of everything posted. My first thought was from the torquing of the BE though.

BufordTJustice
05-30-16, 19:07
Sounds like you need to do some more reading. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?118152-Geissele-reaction-rod

The Reaction Rod is one of the best tools I've purchased. Makes muzzle devices and barrel nuts a pleasure.
Agreed. It's an excellent tool.

And what has been pictured previously by the OP is NOT damage. Well, anymore than it would be if that same mark existed on a vehicle's lug nuts or spark plugs. It's a non issue.

For the people who can't seem to visualize this concept; the barrel and extension are located by a notch in the upper which a small pin fits into. This prevents their rotation. This is then clamped by the barrel nut.

You then place the bolt carrier group inside the upper. The rotation of the bolt is dictated by the cam pin track in the carrier and the upper. The carrier is stabilized by the sides of the gas key inside the upper.

FOR AN IN SPEC UPPER, the bolt lugs will not be allowed to come into contact with that part (the rear corner) of the barrel extension. And, affording BCM the courtesy of assuming they're in spec is something that i and others are willing to do based on their excellent and long track record of same.

GRJ
05-30-16, 20:26
So I had a buddy over today to grill out with the family and he looked at it and the first thing he said for both of them is that they are under timed. I took a look at them closer and he may be right. Not sure if it is the reason for the marks or if it was caused by the G reaction rod (if BCM uses that). But being under timed would put the slight contact of the lugs on that side. Thoughts? Sorry guys and gals not trying to beat a dead horse.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/GR00VYJERRY/BVM%202%20offcenter_zpspo2ssvcx.png (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GR00VYJERRY/media/BVM%202%20offcenter_zpspo2ssvcx.png.html)

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/GR00VYJERRY/BCM%201%20offcenter_zpskxsaa3va.png (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GR00VYJERRY/media/BCM%201%20offcenter_zpskxsaa3va.png.html)

The vertical lines are used for measurement. There is a difference. Not sure if it is enough to make a difference or be the cause. Let me know what you all think? thank you

Eurodriver
05-30-16, 20:30
Does the rifle work?

OP doesn't know, he's too busy drawing comparison photos of it. He says he's shot it, and discovered these issues while he was cleaning it. I want to know what he uses to clean his rifles, because that thing is spotless.

OP is a rifle manufacturer's worst enemy, and exactly why we can't have nice things.

OP, how much do you want for your damaged rifle?

BufordTJustice
05-30-16, 20:48
So I had a buddy over today to grill out with the family and he looked at it and the first thing he said for both of them is that they are under timed. I took a look at them closer and he may be right. Not sure if it is the reason for the marks or if it was caused by the G reaction rod (if BCM uses that). But being under timed would put the slight contact of the lugs on that side. Thoughts? Sorry guys and gals not trying to beat a dead horse.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/GR00VYJERRY/BVM%202%20offcenter_zpspo2ssvcx.png (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GR00VYJERRY/media/BVM%202%20offcenter_zpspo2ssvcx.png.html)

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/GR00VYJERRY/BCM%201%20offcenter_zpskxsaa3va.png (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GR00VYJERRY/media/BCM%201%20offcenter_zpskxsaa3va.png.html)

The vertical lines are used for measurement. There is a difference. Not sure if it is enough to make a difference or be the cause. Let me know what you all think? thank you
No. Just no.

And don't take technical firearm advice from that buddy again.

If Euro doesn't snap up your gun, i call second dibbs.

GRJ
05-30-16, 20:59
OP doesn't know, he's too busy drawing comparison photos of it. He says he's shot it, and discovered these issues while he was cleaning it. I want to know what he uses to clean his rifles, because that thing is spotless.

OP is a rifle manufacturer's worst enemy, and exactly why we can't have nice things.

OP, how much do you want for your damaged rifle?

No. i have been shooting for over a decade now and have never really had issues with any guns (long guns or handguns) besides normal wear. I was concerned about these simply because the metal was obviously displaced. That is all. Just trying to get as many opinions as I can. Some said they wouldn't like that on their rifle. More people said they wouldn't care.

BTW I use MPRO7 and slip 2000 products to clean my guns. I like to keep my firearms maintained. Sorry if that is a bad thing.

kirkland
05-30-16, 23:55
Actually it is the extension, not the barrel.

I have the Botach knockoff, I've assembled a half dozen rifles with the tool, I just pulled four of the six out of the safe and looked at them, didn't really see anything out of order. I do have to admit that mine aren't as clean as the OP's.

The Reaction rod is an ingenious device and well worth using.

JM .02

I know it's the extension, I just didn't feel like writing out "barrel extension" for the umpteenth time in this thread. Anyway, it's not like you can just replace the extension without doing some real gunsmithing anyway, can't just knock it off and put a new one on like you can with a gas block or a muzzle device, so you might as well just consider your extension as part of the barrel.

kirkland
05-30-16, 23:58

Why do I need to do more reading and buy expensive tools when I can already install barrels and muzzle devices using an upper vice block clamp without causing any damage to the gun?

.46caliber
05-31-16, 00:29
Why do I need to do more reading and buy expensive tools when I can already install barrels and muzzle devices using an upper vice block clamp without causing any damage to the gun?

I didn't tell you to buy one. Your rifle, work on it how you see fit. You spouted off about the merits of a particular tool with no clear knowledge of the tool. Hence the comment to read up and learn more about it.

ace4059
05-31-16, 10:19

Ive seen people torque/twist/bend their aluminum upper when using the plastic receiver clamp block before. So does that make it a bad tool? No... Anything can happen when you crank things down too hard. That's why there are torque specs. Every tool has a purpose and can be misused where things happen. Was the Geissele rod to blame or misused? Probably not. It could just be machine marks from the rod that caused that or a small burr. Maybe the barrel nut had to be installed on the higher torque specs for the gas tube to align with the notch in the barrel nut. Who knows.
But nothing to worry about.

JC5188
05-31-16, 13:21

The guns are working properly, yes?

These aren't Holland & Holland shotguns...or hell, Beretta Silver Pigeons for that matter. These are the firearms equivalent of a pipe wrench. A literal example of the term "tool". Relax. And shoot. I'm truly not trying to be an ass.

I shudder to think what you'd do if you ever come across a WASR...

Dr Dues
05-31-16, 13:50
I have just ONE comment about this thread....

CLOWNSHOES

...that is all.

Iraqgunz
05-31-16, 14:45
At what point did you contact BCM and tell them about the alleged issue?