PDA

View Full Version : HELP please! Daniel Defense AMBUSH rifles good deal or not.

NM.SF
05-27-16, 13:01
So I have a opportunity to purchase a Daniel Defense ambush rifle in .300 blackout. The rifle is brand new from a gunstore that I know very well. The price of the new rifle is $500.

I own many are 15's including Daniel Defense but I am not familiar with the ambush line of rifles. So I was hoping some of you guys who also own a Daniel Defense Ar & ambush rifles could fill me in on if ambush matches Daniel Defense known quality & if for the price it's worth buying.

I absolutely hate any firearm that can't be reliable I'd rather spend $4000 for a reliable firearm then $500 & have some problems. Thank you for taking the time to read & reply, I'm new to posting so if I did something incorrectly just let me know.

skp
05-27-16, 13:16
That sounds WAY too good to be true. If it really is a real DD though, it's a hell of a deal but at that price, I'd be pretty worried about where they got it from.

223to45
05-27-16, 13:25
well the only Ambush rifle I see listed is a 308. at $3K

Would need a lot more info.

MegademiC
05-27-16, 13:31
The ones on gb are going for around 1k. I couldn't find any specs online, but sounds like a great deal. I'm interested in more info.

JC5188
05-27-16, 13:47
If it's legit, I'd say yes. I paid almost $400 just for my DD .308 RAIL a few years back. So, yeah...

But that doesn't sound right???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason248
05-27-16, 14:24
I'd do your best be be sure it is 100% Daniel Defense because that does seem too good to be true.

If it was me and the barrel, upper, lower and BCG were DD I'd buy it regardless

PrevailFI
05-27-16, 16:04
So I have a opportunity to purchase a Daniel Defense ambush rifle in .300 blackout. The rifle is brand new from a gunstore that I know very well. The price of the new rifle is $500.

I own many are 15's including Daniel Defense but I am not familiar with the ambush line of rifles. So I was hoping some of you guys who also own a Daniel Defense Ar & ambush rifles could fill me in on if ambush matches Daniel Defense known quality & if for the price it's worth buying.

I absolutely hate any firearm that can't be reliable I'd rather spend $4000 for a reliable firearm then $500 & have some problems. Thank you for taking the time to read & reply, I'm new to posting so if I did something incorrectly just let me know.
This doesn't pass the smell test. At all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

556BlackRifle
05-27-16, 16:14
This doesn't pass the smell test. At all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah a DD rifle for less than the price of a Delton? Something ain't right.....

Ernst
05-27-16, 16:15
You know the old saying, "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is."

AKDoug
05-27-16, 16:20
Sounds too good to be true, but easy enough to check out. Here's a link for what to look for. http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/24/gun-test-ambush-firearms-300-blackout/

Livefreeordie92
05-28-16, 01:59
Sounds way too good to be true. Even for what they are normally with the geissele trigger and BCM charging handle they're a good deal.

Iraqgunz
05-28-16, 03:51
Your post makes little sense and sets off my spider sense.

You own several AR's to include DD so you must know that DD is generally in the upper echelon.

There is a thing called Google. Using Google and the search terms 300 Blackout Daniel Defense Ambush would reveal that it is worth at least double that amount. Since you are the only one who has seen it and have the details, you're the only one that can make an informed decision.

NM.SF
05-28-16, 14:10
39680 39680

I understand everybody's skepticism believe me when I first saw it online I had to drive down to the store just to see if that was the actual price.

But yes it is the real price and the reason for the price is they have been trying to sell it for a while they have put it on sale at higher prices multiple times but nobody bought it because:
1) where I live guns don't just fly off the shelves especially if in calibers not considered "main stream"

2) the obvious reason is also the color being that it's pink nobody purchased it which to me means nothing as that's what cerkote is for.

Those are the top reasons as what I've seen I really do understand peoples skepticism because believe me I'malways that guy in the background saying its a scam.

I was unfamiliar with the ambush line so thank you everybody for taking the time to reply.

daniel87
05-28-16, 14:16
39680 39680

I understand everybody's skepticism believe me when I first saw it online I had to drive down to the store just to see if that was the actual price.

But yes it is the real price and the reason for the price is they have been trying to sell it for a while they have put it on sale at higher prices multiple times but nobody bought it because:
1) where I live guns don't just fly off the shelves especially if in calibers not considered "main stream"

2) the obvious reason is also the color being that it's pink nobody purchased it which to me means nothing as that's what cerkote is for.

Those are the top reasons as what I've seen I really do understand peoples skepticism because believe me I'malways that guy in the background saying its a scam.

I was unfamiliar with the ambush line so thank you everybody for taking the time to reply.
you may want to copy down the serial and call daniel defense.

it wouldnt hurt

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

austinN4
05-28-16, 14:22
The rifle is brand new from a gunstore that I know very well.

This is key to me. If I trusted the store I would just go ahead and buy it after asking them a few more questions. Be sure to consider to costs of changing the looks of it if it bothers you.

GH41
05-28-16, 16:10
Maybe with a Chinese barrel & BCG no SSA or BCM CH. If it were legit it would be gone and we wouldn't be talking about it.

bad aim
05-28-16, 16:43
The rifles aren't up on the Caliber USA website anymore...

NM.SF
05-28-16, 23:22
Jesus like I said I've seen this rifle for a long long time in store I checked it out when it first came in its 100% a real deal Daniel Defense ambush. All I was asking is if anybody we as familiar with the ambush rifles. Not if its real or has swapped out parts because I already know the answer to that. It has a Daniel Defense NiB bolt, chf barrel, proper staked gas keys, geissele trigger, etc.

Yes it's no longer on the website because it has been purchased :-).

Thank you everybody for taking the time to comment on this thread hope everybody has a good Memorial day weekend to remember all those who made the ultimate sacrifice for the rights we enjoy daily.

NM.SF
05-28-16, 23:31
@Austin Ya that's what I did I'm thinking of cerakoting only what I can't change out easily. So I already swapped out the buttstock, pistol grip, and handguard/rail to ones that are more my color lol but while I'm waiting to cerakote the upper and lower I'm putting its geissele trigger in my Daniel Defense m4a1 milspec+ hahaha

Hayseed
05-29-16, 01:16
I'd be very careful with inspecting that it is 100% DD. Calibers and Ryan, the owner, have a poor reputation of doing very shady business.

Iraqgunz
05-29-16, 03:28
Deal is done.

I'd be very careful with inspecting that it is 100% DD. Calibers and Ryan, the owner, have a poor reputation of doing very shady business.