PDA

View Full Version : What should I buy next?

phaseshift
05-28-16, 12:08
I'm having an itch that needs to be scratched..

http://i.imgur.com/NVNkWmW.jpg

SsOOOOO, it's come down to

- Surefire Mini Scout M300

- DBAL or Aptial

- Haley Strategic D3CR

- Battle Belt (includes kydex holsters)

ColtSeavers
05-28-16, 12:33
Surefire mini scout IMO.

Uprange41
05-28-16, 12:38
Serious rifles need a light, first and foremost.

glock21xxx
05-28-16, 12:50
I'm having an itch that needs to be scratched..

http://i.imgur.com/NVNkWmW.jpg

SsOOOOO, it's come down to

- Surefire Mini Scout M300

- DBAL or Aptial

- Haley Strategic D3CR

- Battle Belt (includes kydex holsters)

Definitely a light. I would say D3cr or battle belt if you have a need for it. A good set of kydex carriers can be good to have.

I wouldn't spend the money on an ATPIAL-C or DBAL unless you plan on dropping the coin on NV.

ExplorinInTheWoods
05-28-16, 13:36
Battle Belt with some mag pouches likes tacos. The light is another thing you need. The NVG laser is stuff you don't need

556BlackRifle
05-28-16, 13:46
Lower receivers, lower parts kits, magazines and ammo. As much of each as you can afford. If we have a dem in the whitehouse, you'll be glad you did. You can easily add an M300 later but this may not be the case with any of the above listed items.

Skyyr
05-28-16, 14:07
Lower receivers, lower parts kits, magazines and ammo. As much of each as you can afford. If we have a dem in the whitehouse, you'll be glad you did. You can easily add an M300 later but this may not be the case with any of the above listed items.

+1

This.

jpmuscle
05-28-16, 14:16
X2. Ive put a lot of builds on hold yo get lowers mags, etc. I need more ammo though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bad aim
05-28-16, 16:45
If that's your only and primary AR meant for SD, etc., I'd get a light.

mattpittinger
05-28-16, 16:51
Get a light, can't go wrong with the surefire, I wouldn't worry about a DBAL or anything like that unless you have already gotten yourself some NV. And if your going that route or plan to get NV in the future, get one of the scout 300Vs.

Get a good battle belt, before the chest rig, for everyday range work, you'll be much happier using it for casual training than a chest rig. If your POU dictates such things.

Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leonidas24
05-28-16, 18:22
M300 Scout and a sling if you don't have one already.

phaseshift
05-28-16, 18:56
So got a couple things, I went inside my old footlocker and found my Surefire 660 so I went out and bought an Surefire SR07 also got the BCM KAG.

http://i.imgur.com/2ygjAbQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6V6x87S.jpg

Kain
05-28-16, 19:30
My usually school of thought is rifle, ammo, mags, light, sling, optic, more mags, ammo, even more mags and ammo, and then more lowers, parts, uppers, ect, and repeat and rinse as needed. Nylon is a difference discussion to me since it depends on what, and how you you are using the rifle.

In your case the M300 would be my next stop, or something similar. Not a huge incad light fan, not because they can't work, but the abuse that I have put LEDs through just have me have more faith in them.

phaseshift
05-28-16, 19:41
My usually school of thought is rifle, ammo, mags, light, sling, optic, more mags, ammo, even more mags and ammo, and then more lowers, parts, uppers, ect, and repeat and rinse as needed. Nylon is a difference discussion to me since it depends on what, and how you you are using the rifle.

In your case the M300 would be my next stop, or something similar. Not a huge incad light fan, not because they can't work, but the abuse that I have put LEDs through just have me have more faith in them.

Yeah I really want the m300, this will hold me over for now

ExplorinInTheWoods
05-28-16, 21:55
Yeah getting a few cheap lowers like spikes or aero would be smart because nylon lights and nv is stuff they can't put legislation on. I've been getting more ammo lately. Our best bet is if everyone hops on the trump train.

Benito
05-28-16, 22:17
Following on with the Demonrat infestation of the White House scenario, maybe a can? They'll go after mags obviously, but probably cans too. After all, only James Bondesque assassins use those.

BufordTJustice
05-28-16, 22:47
A suppressor.

Iraqgunz
05-29-16, 00:10
Since this is an HD/SD gun, I would go with an X300U-B at 12 o'clock.

Uprange41
05-29-16, 00:16

+1 to this over the M300.

ace4059
05-29-16, 00:25
A laser system is useless unless you have helment mounted NV setup. The visible lasers are worthless during the day (red and green) because you cant see them past 20 yards or so, and give away your position at night. The visible might be ok for a shoot house but my IR lasers seem to get washed out with the illumination in smaller areas.

phaseshift
05-29-16, 23:54

+1 to this over the M300.

Why do you guys say 12 o clock?

ace4059
05-30-16, 00:26
So the shadow from the barrel doesn't obscure your sight picture and give you blind spots.

Uprange41
05-30-16, 00:33
Why do you guys say 12 o clock?

Low profile, in line with the bore (helps some with working corners), ambidextrous, takes up minimal space for an ambi setup (compared to an M300 with an SR-07, for example), but the biggest thing for me, is you get twice the output and much better throw from an X300U-B vs. the M300.

Light setup is mostly preference, though, so try what you think you'll prefer.

JoshNC
05-30-16, 02:04
Get an arisaka defense light and keymod mount. They are fantastic. Malkoff TIR heads, SF compatible, made in the US, and reasonably priced.

As others have said, buy more lowers, high quality mags, and ammo.

Also, it doesn't appear your receiver endplate is staked into the castle nut, though I can only see the one potential staking location on the right side. If it's not staked, you should do so.

trauma
05-30-16, 02:56
Ammo, mags etc...ban items basically

You can always buy a flashlight etc

IR laser is something you'd probably already have if you had nods and acquiring those is a mfer.

Lopro619
05-30-16, 05:52
Get an SR lower for that thing.

phaseshift
05-30-16, 23:13
Get an SR lower for that thing.

Yeah that's on my list, what about getting an MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X to replace my impact sports?

LoboTBL
05-31-16, 00:21
Mags & ammo, replacement parts such as rings, firing pins, extractors, various springs, and a light (Surefire is a good choice). Pretty much in that order.

phaseshift
05-31-16, 00:37
Mags & ammo, replacement parts such as rings, firing pins, extractors, various springs, and a light (Surefire is a good choice). Pretty much in that order.

I've got about 20 mags already, need more ammo. I have a capable weight right now...maybe I'll buy ammo and get the chest rig lol