PDA

View Full Version : MagPul ACS Stock

JSGlock34
08-27-08, 17:48
This is the first photo I've found of this stock, so I thought I'd post it over here.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u127/akguynumber12/SocialTools/magpulACS.gif

I'm very interested to see the final version...this looks promising and at a competitive price point (ca. $135). I'm a little hesitant about the position of the QD attachment point on this prototype - looks like the battery compartments would interfere a bit, but perhaps that's the camera angle. Having used both the CTR and the LMT SOPMOD, I'm curious to try this design, which appears to borrow elements of both.

mark5pt56
08-27-08, 18:31
Maybe Stickman has some detailed pics to show us the details?

nickdrak
08-27-08, 19:20
I know that is a pic of a prototype, but I sure hope they include a QD point for a sling swivel.

I was considering switching back to the LMT SOPMOD from my current CTR after some recent training (No major issues at all, just find the SOPMOD to have a more comfy cheekweld), but I will probably wait for this offering to come out from MagPul instead. Looks really nice!

Jeffy
08-27-08, 21:38
That has been in the Magpul 2008 catalog since SHOT's. Pics showed up soon after SHOTS. Not much has been heard or seen of it since.

mndfusion
08-27-08, 23:03
I like that it has the CTR locking system. I got me a CTR stock after I used one on a buddies rifle, it was so tight, and looked so freaking cool, I had to shell out the cash for it, its so much better than stock.

You know though, If I needed storage in my buttstock I'd rather get a standard A2 stock like I had on my m-16a2 in the army, lots of room in there for stuff.

BTW; how would an M4 carbine function if I installed a standard A2 stock and large buffer:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Solid
08-28-08, 00:35
Looks like it is designed to compete with Vltor emod and LMT sopmod. Looks very promising.

HAMMERDROP
08-28-08, 01:19
Will he ? I like that, but if it was like his CTR - Jeez I dont want to get on any waiting list for anything from Magpul ever again back in the early days of M4C we had a thread for the waiting list of the 'CTR' most of us had paid and we were getting different answers when they'd be shipped. One day it would be that the 'new' springs came in an they are assembling them tonight and tomorrow Rich didn't like the springs and had them all disassembled then it would be something different - you go nuts waiting but I am very glad he's anal about that stuff. It was worth the wait and fun to check the thread everyday but I'll just wait til they are available everywhere this time.

Michael

Stickman
08-28-08, 08:28
I dont want to get on any waiting list for anything from Magpul ever again back in the early days of M4C we had a thread for the waiting list of the 'CTR' most of us had paid and we were getting different answers when they'd be shipped.

Michael

I don't recall Magpul ever a preorder list and taking money, I seem to remember them refusing to do it. If you have a link, please post it and refresh my memory.

You might be confusing what a dealer does with what Magpul does, and they are two different things. This is why we no longer get updates on new items from Magpul.

M4arc
08-28-08, 08:42
Oh man, I need one of those for my "Keep Virginia Zombie Free" build!!!

LSK
08-28-08, 08:46
At the 2006 Shot show I saw a CTR stock with a snap on cheek piece at Magpul's display. I would prefer this option to another stock style.

rmecapn
08-28-08, 10:15
BTW; how would an M4 carbine function if I installed a standard A2 stock and large buffer:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Why would you want to do that? There are any number of options available to add storage to a collapsible buttstock. I don't understand why you would want to go with a fixed A2 stock. :confused:

mark5pt56
08-28-08, 10:37
I like that it has the CTR locking system. I got me a CTR stock after I used one on a buddies rifle, it was so tight, and looked so freaking cool, I had to shell out the cash for it, its so much better than stock.

You know though, If I needed storage in my buttstock I'd rather get a standard A2 stock like I had on my m-16a2 in the army, lots of room in there for stuff.

It would shoot fine, very smooth as a matter of fact. I have a A1 length on a middy and it's nice.

markm
08-28-08, 10:42

BETTER!!! I don't think anyone could make the assertion that you'd have anything other than improved reliability. Of course it's a trade off in the functionality of the adjustable.

I run an A1 on my go to gun... A2 is just too long for my build. But it's the same rifle buffer system on an 11.5" SBR, and it runs like nobody's business. It's been my most reliable AR ever.... running even the most problematic kinds of import ammo.

johnson601
08-28-08, 10:54
That looks like a great setup, like a mix of the vltor and the sopmod. I want one!