PDA

View Full Version : Archer Season 7

Big A
05-31-16, 09:19
I know there are some Archer-philes here. If you've been keeping up with the newest season how do you think it's gonna end?

If you haven't had a chance to watch it there will be spoilers in this post so stop reading now if you don't want to know...

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!! FINAL WARNING!!!!!!!

My theory is that in Deadly Velvet Part 1 the Veronica Deane we see is actually a cyborg created by Krieger. That is why she doesn't know Archer when he goes to the set to work security. And since Archer sleeps with cyborg Deane it gives the show an out so he and Lana can get back together because he didn't really cheat on Lana so much as have sex with a fancy sex doll. Now, while Archer is having sex with the cyborg the real Veronica Deane is murdering her ex husband Ellis Crane. Then in the diner scene where they are talking to the detectives it is actually the real Veronica Deane establishing an alibi but the Archer in the diner is actually cyborg Archer which is why he says "Um..." when Deane says they were having sex when Crane was murdered.

And finally I think the Archer in the pool in the season opener is the real human Archer because one of his biggest fears is being replaced by a cyborg and again it gives the show an out for Archer and Lana to get back together since cyborg Archer didn't cheat on Lana with Veronica Deane.

What do you guys think?

Alex V
05-31-16, 09:32
Love the show but I am a couple episodes behind. Have them all on the DVR.

Firefly
05-31-16, 12:20
This season's been kinda "meh".

There've been a few funny moments but it seems more toned down somehow.

Can't put my finger on it.

WillBrink
05-31-16, 12:24
I know there are some Archer-philes here. If you've been keeping up with the newest season how do you think it's gonna end?

If you haven't had a chance to watch it there will be spoilers in this post so stop reading now if you don't want to know...

I freakin' loved Archer when it came out and the first few seasons were classics. For me, it went down hill sharply around season 4. I don't know if they lost some writers, caved to angry letters from PC idiots, or other, but it lost it's edge and overall quality and I stopped watching it after that.

Big A
05-31-16, 13:00
This season's been kinda "meh".

There've been a few funny moments but it seems more toned down somehow.

Can't put my finger on it.

Agreed. The only episode that had me in stiches was Double Indecency. Krieger was hilarious. Liquid Lunch and Deadly Prep were decent but the majority has been rather ho-hum. The season was originally supposed to be 13 episodes but FX chopped it to 10 for some reason.

I'm bummed they cancelled Adam Reed's other show Cassius & Clay before it ever aired. It sounded like it was gonna be good.

I freakin' loved Archer when it came out and the first few seasons were classics. For me, it went down hill sharply around season 4. I don't know if they lost some writers, caved to angry letters from PC idiots, or other, but it lost it's edge and overall quality and I stopped watching it after that.

Really? My favorites are seasons 4, 5, and 6. Especially season 5 Archer Vice. I think that one alone is really worth your time.