PDA

View Full Version : Man tries to enforce traffic laws against motorcyclists by running them over

Eurodriver
05-31-16, 10:44
What an idiot.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2016/5/31/troopers_man_ran_ove.html

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Vance, of Land O' Lakes, has previous driving offenses and has been labeled as a habitual traffic offender.

https://youtu.be/rfAEFZh-YiY

jpmuscle
05-31-16, 11:05
Well, he should come to DC and handle the cyclist epidemic here.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Outlander Systems
05-31-16, 11:21
Perp:

https://mgtvwfla.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/robert-paul-vance.jpg

http://wfla.com/2016/05/31/habitual-traffic-offender-in-pasco-jail-after-running-over-motorcycle/

Robert Vance is being held without bond at the Pasco County Jail. He is facing one count of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, one count of leaving the scene of a crash involving injury and one count of operating a motor vehicle without a valid driver’s license. Florida Highway Patrol says Vance is classified as a habitual traffic offender.

I'm sure whatever the dick-measuring was over, it was TOTALLY worth it.

He sure showed them!

Digital_Damage
05-31-16, 11:46
Still don't think things are escalating in the Tampa region between suicyclers and everyone else?

Eurodriver
05-31-16, 11:48
Still don't think things are escalating in the Tampa region between suicyclers and everyone else?

It'll calm down when all the crazy wannabe LEOs are doing hard time for attempted murder or shot dead by bikers defending themselves.

Not concerned.

TAZ
05-31-16, 11:50
Habitual traffic offender. Ya don't say!? I'm thinking this bozo has more than speeding tickets on his record.

Digital_Damage
05-31-16, 12:01
It'll calm down when all the crazy wannabe LEOs are doing hard time for attempted murder or shot dead by bikers defending themselves.

Not concerned.

And everyone else will calm down when the suicyclers all wrap themselves around trees.

Big A
05-31-16, 12:17
Habitual traffic offender. Ya don't say!? I'm thinking this bozo has more than speeding tickets on his record.

In Florida to get HTO status means you have been caught driving on a suspended DL multiple times. Your license can be suspended for too many points in a 12 month period(speeding, reckless driving, etc.), DUI/BUI, Possession of less than 20g Marijuana (Must be adjudicated guilty), failure to submit to FSE's/Breathalyzer, not having insurance, not paying child support and probably a few other things I'm forgetting.

Basically, to reach HTO status you have to be a Mk1 Grade A **** up and suck at life...

Firefly
05-31-16, 12:21
Why does every Florida meth head look like Jesus?

Bulletdog
05-31-16, 13:06
How is that not attempted murder? Craziness…...

KalashniKEV
05-31-16, 13:27
Well, he should come to DC and handle the cyclist epidemic here.

+1

Now that the weather is nice it seems like every day I have to clean one of them up back into the bike lane just to move down the street. I'm thinking of installing some kind of spikes or spinning blades on my mirrors.

They built designated bike lanes for them on basically every-single-road in Arlington and now they think they're cars, and that it's safe to play in the street.

It's really a big problem.

How is that not attempted murder? Craziness…...

Murder???

All I see is a guy standing his ground.

TMS951
05-31-16, 13:49
I'm starting to see a pattern here…

Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to Tampa, Bikers and motorists who don't like the bikers antics.

Another forum I post on has a "WTF Florida" thread for all wild and crazy news out of Florida. I thought we had a similar one here?

jpmuscle
05-31-16, 13:55
+1

Now that the weather is nice it seems like every day I have to clean one of them up back into the bike lane just to move down the street. I'm thinking of installing some kind of spikes or spinning blades on my mirrors.

They built designated bike lanes for them on basically every-single-road in Arlington and now they think they're cars, and that it's safe to play in the street.

It's really a big problem.

Murder???

Its crazy right?? Every day I drive Through there across memorial bridge and it takes everything I have to not mom down a gaggle of the morons whom act like retarded buffalos sauntering down the middle of the lane.

Just, f*** them all.

Digital_Damage
05-31-16, 14:33
https://youtu.be/xLhEs_KDpMM

sevenhelmet
05-31-16, 14:43
Why does every Florida meth head look like Jesus?

Why does every meth head who looks like Jesus live in Florida?

Digital_Damage
05-31-16, 14:48
Why does every meth head who looks like Jesus live in Florida?

Why does everyone in Florida look like a meth head Jesus.

... oh wait...

JC5188
05-31-16, 14:51
Why does everyone in Florida look like a meth head Jesus.

... oh wait...

Well played...

IBTL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KalashniKEV
05-31-16, 14:59
...it takes everything I have to not mom down a gaggle of the morons

DO IT.

Seriously. It's a problem.

These wannabe-Lance types are insane psychopaths who have become empowered by the "car free diet," special bike lanes and construction considerations, free bike helmets and blinkies, and all the other things government has done to cater to them.

A couple years ago one of them was traveling at kill speed down the path and actually struck and murdered a woman who had survived the holocaust- and they let him go!

jpmuscle
05-31-16, 15:28
DO IT.

Seriously. It's a problem.

These wannabe-Lance types are insane psychopaths who have become empowered by the "car free diet," special bike lanes and construction considerations, free bike helmets and blinkies, and all the other things government has done to cater to them.

A couple years ago one of them was traveling at kill speed down the path and actually struck and murdered a woman who had survived the holocaust- and they let him go!
Wtf......

And don't even get my started on the bike rental fiasco.....

brickboy240
05-31-16, 15:28
Why I won't ride motorcycles or bicycles on the street.

darr3239
05-31-16, 15:50
What did Jesus look like?

sevenhelmet
05-31-16, 16:01
What did Jesus look like?

No idea, but I assume we're going with the long haired white guy stereotype.

darr3239
05-31-16, 16:29
I wonder if there's any chance he's from another biker "group"?

KalashniKEV
05-31-16, 16:33
No idea, but I assume we're going with the long haired white guy stereotype.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2655776.1464716003!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/tampa1n-2-web.jpg

It would be interesting to know if this is the mugshot taken at time of arrest and the media sought out an older one that makes him look like a dirtbag.

Firefly
05-31-16, 16:36
Why do all Florida Road Ragers look like John Cena?

sevenhelmet
05-31-16, 16:48
It would be interesting to know if this is the mugshot taken at time of arrest and the media sought out an older one that makes him look like a dirtbag.

Media feeding stereotypes? Nooooo... :rolleyes:

Florida man feeding stereotypes about Florida men? Totally believable.

nml
05-31-16, 16:54

It's really a big problem.Roll your windows up and install a really loud horn?

Firefly
05-31-16, 16:59
Kev, if it makes you feel better those guys are destroying their prostates

Campbell
05-31-16, 17:04
Why do all Florida Road Ragers look like John Cena?

😂😂😂😂😂

HeruMew
05-31-16, 18:40
Holy hell,

I gotta say though, the couple on that bike took it like a champ and were up fast.

Im glad I live in a place that only the diehards ride 7-8 months of the year. The snow and hills here make quick work of bike conditions.

The rockets come out for 3-4 months, and we go pretty incident free.

Well, we have dbags on both sides, but most ignore it on all sides.

Minnesota phenomenon, I say. Haha.

Averageman
05-31-16, 19:06
Kev, if it makes you feel better those guys are destroying their prostates

You know if you had a DeWalt and the right socket attachment you could steal their little skinny seats wherever you find the bikes parked and speed that process right up.

Firefly
05-31-16, 19:30
You know if you had a DeWalt and the right socket attachment you could steal their little skinny seats wherever you find the bikes parked and speed that process right up.

Whoa, buddy.

I'm Cesare Romero, not Heath Ledger.

Collegefour
06-01-16, 02:59
In most places (not sure about FL), bicycles are considered "vehicles", and therefore have all the rights and responsibilities thereof. If they are not obeying traffic rules, then you should report them to the police, who will cite them for their violations, as long as you are willing to testify as to what you saw, or the responding officer sees a violation first hand.

TAZ
06-01-16, 07:30
In most places (not sure about FL), bicycles are considered "vehicles", and therefore have all the rights and responsibilities thereof. If they are not obeying traffic rules, then you should report them to the police, who will cite them for their violations, as long as you are willing to testify as to what you saw, or the responding officer sees a violation first hand.

While this is 100% legally accurate it's about 0.00000000001% reality. I live in Lance country where every fat ass thinks he is the next best thing since sliced bread. I've seen more bicyclists blow through stop signs, stop lights ... And not a soul does a thing. Maybe a few get tickets, but those are few and far between. LEO have better things to do. We build bike lanes for a super minority and the assholes still ride 3 abreast blocking traffic. We pass laws mandating safe distance between them and cars (cars responsibility to maintain) and these dicklicks get more aggressive. Screw that. They drive me batshit crazy and away from certain parts of town littered with them. But I still won't mow them down for shits and giggles.

J-Dub
06-01-16, 08:00
I couldn't watch the beautiful bean footage, but I always enjoy a good motorcycle crash. Be it sport bikes or the loser OMG hardasses. They believe they own the road, and their antics are annoying.

KalashniKEV
06-01-16, 09:02
We build bike lanes... We pass laws... and these dicklicks get more aggressive. Screw that.

The only answer is to get aggressive back at them- but I fear that you'd be toast in court, especially in Arlington.

Probably if you did steal a bike seat from some svelte, non-polluting, fit, healthy, not part of the DC-traffic-nightmare Arlingtonian, you'd get 5 years. On the flipside they kill with impunity if you happen to be crossing the street or walking on the W&OD.

I must say I'm glad I'm not the only one around here (DC/NoVA) that recognizes the problem.

Walking the thread back on topic, Rolling Thunder was like less than half what it typically was this Memorial Day, and they were all extraordinarily well behaved.
(which has not always been the case)

jpmuscle
06-01-16, 09:25
Personally, I'd say it's beyond epidemic and has warranted a response similar to that of a scorched earth extinction level event.

But I concede some things frustrate me more than others.

I was at the Trump rolling thunder rally and while the typical Merica crowd it was genuinely pleasant minus the stupid heat. Trump came off as genuinely passionate and informed too I must say.

brickboy240
06-01-16, 10:49
Most decent bikes have quick release clamps on the seats...you won't need a wrench to take a seat. Flip the lever and the seat and post comes right out of the down tube on the frame.

Your idea and aggression is a huge factor on why you will never see my lily white ass on a bike on the road. I stick to mt biking on the trails. Some drivers just see a bicycle and get angry...screw that...I like dealing with mud, rocks and trees. LOL

TAZ
06-01-16, 11:18
Getting more aggressive over a bicycle isn't in my playbook. It's frustrating as hell though to see the wasted tax $$ and asshattery, but I like to stay out of jail and not bankrupt my family.

I would 100% support inter linked trails around town. That allowed bikers to commute to as many points as possible, but kept them AWAY from motor vehicle traffic. Probably far safer for all and would be super fast as no stop signs/lights and like crap. Heck on nice days I'd probably use them. Not going to happen though. Waaaaaaaaay to much $$ to buy all that new right of way.

Bulletdog
06-01-16, 11:29
Murder???

Enlighten me. Who was standing their ground? The couple being intentionally run over, or the guy stomping the gas pedal trying to run them over?

Digital_Damage
06-01-16, 11:43
Enlighten me. Who was standing their ground? The couple being intentionally run over, or the guy stomping the gas pedal trying to run them over?

The car recording the event...

Which is interesting, why was he recording? What happened before this? My guess is the guy on the bike was peacocking in front of his homies and the meth head had enough and pulled a Alexian Lien.

Eurodriver
06-01-16, 12:43
It's amazing that people hate motorcyclists so much they can actually justify defending an HTO for driving over a motorcyclist stopped at a redlight.

jpmuscle
06-01-16, 12:48
It's amazing that people hate motorcyclists so much they can actually justify defending an HTO for driving over a motorcyclist stopped at a redlight.
I don't think anyone is defending him?

glocktogo
06-01-16, 12:55
Most decent bikes have quick release clamps on the seats...you won't need a wrench to take a seat. Flip the lever and the seat and post comes right out of the down tube on the frame.

Your idea and aggression is a huge factor on why you will never see my lily white ass on a bike on the road. I stick to mt biking on the trails. Some drivers just see a bicycle and get angry...screw that...I like dealing with mud, rocks and trees. LOL

I don't. I do get a bit perturbed when I have to spend an extra 30 minutes passing over a hundred of them on a two lane road, while towing a boat, and they get pissed at me because they want to ride three abreast on a 50mph road and my boat is too close for comfort while passing them. :mad:

J-Dub
06-02-16, 13:11

Not justifying, just understanding that when two 'tards meet bad things usually happen. But it is interesting that so many people despise motorcyclists. Ever wonder why? Could it be their disregard for traffic laws? Could it be the ear-bleeding exhaust noise? Could it be the gang culture that embrace motorcycles (be it the RR'ers, Banditos, whatever)?

Maybe thay just hater's main.

KalashniKEV
06-02-16, 15:35
Walking the thread back on topic, Rolling Thunder was like less than half what it typically was this Memorial Day, and they were all extraordinarily well behaved.

(which has not always been the case)

...aaaaaaaand I guess I was wrong.

https://www.arlnow.com/2016/06/02/video-purports-to-show-brawl-at-restaurant-after-drunk-bikers-started-yelling-racial-slurs/#disqus_thread

According to the video’s description, the brawl started when “drunk bikers sitting at the bar started yelling [the n-word] across the restaurant.” The video shows a scene of people yelling, punches being thrown, restaurant staff trying to break up the fight and, at one point, a man in a motorcycle jacket being struck by an object while being subdued.

Hmac
06-02-16, 16:14
But it is interesting that so many people despise motorcyclists. Ever wonder why? Could it be their disregard for traffic laws? Could it be the ear-bleeding exhaust noise? Could it be the gang culture that embrace motorcycles (be it the RR'ers, Banditos, whatever)?

It is interesting, and kind of a a shame. Not dissimilar to the way that so many people despise gun enthusiasts for their disregard for public safety, the indiscriminate mayhem that they create, and the gang culture that embraces guns.

Eurodriver
06-02-16, 16:18
Not justifying, just understanding that when two 'tards meet bad things usually happen. But it is interesting that so many people despise motorcyclists. Ever wonder why? Could it be their disregard for traffic laws? Could it be the ear-bleeding exhaust noise? Could it be the gang culture that embrace motorcycles (be it the RR'ers, Banditos, whatever)?

Maybe thay just hater's main.

It is interesting, and kind of a shame. Not dissimilar to the way so many people despise police officers for their disregard of civil rights, the lives they ruin with unrestrained brutality, and the corrupt culture that defends even the most despicable of crimes committed by LE "in the line of duty".

Firefly
06-02-16, 16:32
policing, motorcycles, bikes, bicycle shorts, redheads, Florida, and sports cars brings out the worst in people.

Tragic. It's a Sick Sad World

Outlander Systems
06-02-16, 16:52
No shit, right?

Attempted murder is cool, as long as it's against someone who's into something I'm not into.

J-Dub
06-02-16, 19:13
It is interesting, and kind of a shame. Not dissimilar to the way so many people despise police officers for their disregard of civil rights, the lives they ruin with unrestrained brutality, and the corrupt culture that defends even the most despicable of crimes committed by LE "in the line of duty".

Well that's because cops are evil and just out to get you, duh....they be workin fo' tha man. All those OMG members are just misunderstood, neva do nuffins...same goes for the morons on the street bikes. But fortunately laws of physics will always be present, and the "didn't do nuffins" will ride without helmets (warms my heart).

Outlander Systems
06-02-16, 19:24
Dude, what did motorcycles do to you, personally?

You got a lot of hate in your heart. Let it out, bro. This is a safe space.

Well that's because cops are evil and just out to get you, duh....they be workin fo' tha man. All those OMG members are just misunderstood, neva do nuffins...same goes for the morons on the street bikes. But fortunately laws of physics will always be present, and the "didn't do nuffins" will ride without helmets (warms my heart).

J-Dub
06-02-16, 19:26
Dude, what did motorcycles do to you, personally?

You got a lot of hate in your heart. Let it out, bro. This is a safe space.

Oh don't misunderstand me, its not the motorcycles. Its the idiots that gravitate towards them like the plague. I would've responded sooner, but I was watching some crash compilations on youtube.

Outlander Systems
06-02-16, 19:46
Hast thou ever tickled thy taint, with the splendorous glory of the iron horse?

I doth opine, such jubilance cannot be ordained elsewhere without doffing one's trousers - neither through Divine blessing, nor a woman's fancy.

Awash, in an vaste sea, of blissful vvonder, thou would be.

Oh don't misunderstand me, its not the motorcycles. Its the idiots that gravitate towards them like the plague. I would've responded sooner, but I was watching some crash compilations on youtube.