PDA

View Full Version : Condor Gen1 Battle Belt

epoch2k
06-03-16, 09:32
I wanted to experiment with a battle belt. Does anyone have a recommendation for an inner belt? I was thinking using an old school USGI pistol belt in a size L (bc the M only goes up to 35"). Has anyone tried this combination? Any with experience running this belt?

soulezoo
06-03-16, 12:29
I wanted to experiment with a battle belt. Does anyone have a recommendation for an inner belt? I was thinking using an old school USGI pistol belt in a size L (bc the M only goes up to 35"). Has anyone tried this combination? Any with experience running this belt?

I did some years ago when first introduced. It is great as long as you don't hang any weight on it. If you do, it tends to sag and roll defeating the purpose of the belt. I don't think the USGI pistol belt, being too wide, will fit through the keepers within the condor.
I used an Elite Tactical cobra buckle riggers belt on mine.
Ultimately, if that is the route you wish to take, there are better products to use.

epoch2k
06-03-16, 13:09
What are your recommendations? I want to see if this is something I want to use as I see many ppl use this to keep their plate carriers minimal. Since I'm just trying this out and money is tight I'd appreciate any budget minded suggestions.

fedupflyer
06-03-16, 13:15
I would suggest not getting the inner belt that Condor markets as a sniper waist pack, the belt with a plastic buckle.
I bought it because it was cheap and knew I would buy something later on.
On a recent run and gun type class that I attended, I was having problems with the belt randomly popping open and only being held up by the suspenders. Kind of a PIA when you are kneeling and then sprinting forward 5 yds then kneeling again for about 200 yds.

soulezoo
06-03-16, 13:17
Go through the first line belt sticky in this section. Lots of ideas and tips to go off of.

henschman
06-05-16, 11:39
I bought one of these a while ago when I first started doing run 'n gun events, and ran it just like you want to, with an old ALICE belt. I put my holster and pistol on it, and with one quick test jog around my house, the MOLLE panel supporting the holster ripped and left the holster flopping. I told the seller I wanted to return it. He said to just destroy it and send a pic to prove it, and he would send me a refund. Weirdest refund policy I've ever encountered, but I did it. Cut it in half and sent the pic, money was refunded.

I'm not gonna go so far as to say everything from Condor is shit, since I actually have a folding dump pouch of theirs that I really like and have put a lot of miles on under pretty hard use, but I definitely wouldn't get this battle belt you're looking at. I ended up with a HSGI SureGrip belt and it has been fantastic. That is definitely what I'd recommend if you're looking for a padded war belt for carrying a pretty good loadout. If you're just wanting something to carry one or two extra rifle or pistol mags and a holster, I'd look into more of a minimalist belt setup, or just a regular kydex reinforced gun belt.

cfoecke
06-09-16, 03:45
I run one with a surplus pistol belt with a fair amount of weight on it haven't had any problems so far.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

epoch2k
06-09-16, 14:02
I run one with a surplus pistol belt with a fair amount of weight on it haven't had any problems so far.

That's good to hear. I was concerned that the width of the USGI belt is about 2 1/4" if it would fit the loops inside the battle belt.

cfoecke
06-10-16, 00:53
That's good to hear. I was concerned that the width of the USGI belt is about 2 1/4" if it would fit the loops inside the battle belt.
Its kinda tight getting around the buckles but mine fit http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160609/ccfa931d9db2a461d3cd14dc78dfd238.jpg

epoch2k
06-10-16, 08:22
Its kinda tight getting around the buckles but mine fit http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160609/ccfa931d9db2a461d3cd14dc78dfd238.jpg

What size belt and USGI pistol belt? I have a small condor belt and was thinking about using a large USGI belt as the medium USGI belt can only extend to 35 inches.

cfoecke
06-10-16, 18:09
Im not sure, the belt doesn't have a tag. I wear a 34-36 pants and have the belt adjusted all most all the way out so I would guess medium.