PDA

View Full Version : Philippine president-elect urges public to kill drug dealers

Honu
06-05-16, 17:56
will be curious how this plays out :)

pretty much what the title says new pres says its OK to kill drug dealers and same for greedy police you will be killed

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/58fc2315d488426ca2512fc9fc8d6427/philippine-president-elect-urges-public-kill-drug-dealers

Firefly
06-05-16, 18:10
.......why can't we have this here?

We need, like, a reverse purge where it's not only okay to grease shitbags; it is encouraged.

Hell, I'd even pay for a hunting license.

Every dope slinger I ever run across added nothing to humanity but more bastard children.

Alex V
06-05-16, 18:27
This would be so much fun in the inner city. Sit on the roof of a building with a scoped gun and a spotter. See a guy hand over a dime bag for some money... Range... Wind... Down angle... Send it. Lol

Sporter and shooter switch for the next one :-)

Kenneth
06-05-16, 18:32
Lol I have taken my creed to 1k. I could be a trigger man if someone would spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly
06-05-16, 19:18
If, hypothetically, this were legalized by , prayerfully, President-Elect Trump

I already have some shitstick purge anthems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u67Lb1RyXTU&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkmLpTXbNDQ&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWk5wr1p3mk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhcflDSUMvc&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uu3kCEEc98&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG8k4IYIgvo&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUAdgt5Glk0&app=desktop

Some of which you may wish to enjoy at home.

Honu
06-05-16, 21:09
I wonder how many drug dealers are going to shoot drug dealers to lower the competition :)

MountainRaven
06-05-16, 21:35
I wonder how many drug dealers are going to shoot drug dealers to lower the competition :)

I wonder how many people are going to get shot not because they were drug dealers - or because they tried to shoot drug dealers - but because someone else thinks they're a drug dealer.

Sensei
06-05-16, 23:12
This would be so much fun in the inner city. Sit on the roof of a building with a scoped gun and a spotter. See a guy hand over a dime bag for some money... Range... Wind... Down angle... Send it. Lol

Sporter and shooter switch for the next one :-)

...and then you come home to find your wife chopped up in little pieces (after they raped her, of course) and your kid's smoldering bodies in the back yard (after they put tires around them, poured gas on them, and set them on fire).

Defending your family from a direct threat is one thing. Going vigilante in the 3rd world is a great way to get your friends a family killed in a horrific way.

Firefly
06-05-16, 23:28
But why do you assume his wife isn't his spotter?

Just because you get married doesn't mean the romance has to die.

Say what you want but these shitsticks get to go buck wild and nothing really happens to them. Meanwhile, regular human beings get chumped on by red light cameras and petty shit.

At least our violence would be constructive. You know ya ride around and deal with these godless pieces of filth and it just really rakes your cake. It hankles my ankles.

I mean if it weren't for chain smoking and the Bible, I don't know where I would be right now.

A president basically gives everyone a green light to reclaim their streets and people find fault.

Yes, you could die. But we are all going to die anyways, what difference does it make?

Really? If you are religious then you have Heaven. If not, then it is just prolonging inevitable non existence.

So where's the downside? Die living. Die living the life you deserve to have.

Instead of living to die old, broke, and forgotten.

jpmuscle
06-05-16, 23:47
Bro, we need to hang out. No homo.

That's deep, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MountainRaven
06-06-16, 00:21
"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
-Robert Heinlein

So who's free?

Sensei
06-06-16, 00:47
But why do you assume his wife isn't his spotter?

Just because you get married doesn't mean the romance has to die.

Say what you want but these shitsticks get to go buck wild and nothing really happens to them. Meanwhile, regular human beings get chumped on by red light cameras and petty shit.

At least our violence would be constructive. You know ya ride around and deal with these godless pieces of filth and it just really rakes your cake. It hankles my ankles.

I mean if it weren't for chain smoking and the Bible, I don't know where I would be right now.

A president basically gives everyone a green light to reclaim their streets and people find fault.

Yes, you could die. But we are all going to die anyways, what difference does it make?

Really? If you are religious then you have Heaven. If not, then it is just prolonging inevitable non existence.

So where's the downside? Die living. Die living the life you deserve to have.

Instead of living to die old, broke, and forgotten.

Yeah, there is this thing called an "ordered society." You happen to live in one. There are laws, police, courts, and some rudimentary system of justice. If you can't stand that, don't post about it on the Internet. Take your bad, chain smoking self down to Ciudad Juarez, and commence to stacking bodies. In fact, you can be like Denzel Washington - a man on fire; writing your master piece. No?

Oh, I get it. Your waiting for the next Katrina where you can go down to the Super Dome and make America great again with some head shots at 500 yards, right? Maybe smoke a couple of would-be car jackers and have the cops look the other way? Sound familiar?

Those of us still attached to reality call that fantasy. Romanticizing about it on the Internet is some type of defense mechanism about as sophisticated as playing Dungeons and Dragons.

MountainRaven
06-06-16, 01:49
Yeah, there is this thing called an "ordered society." You happen to live in one. There are laws, police, courts, and some rudimentary system of justice. If you can't stand that, don't post about it on the Internet. Take your bad, chain smoking self down to Ciudad Juarez, and commence to stacking bodies. In fact, you can be like Denzel Washington - a man on fire; writing your master piece. No?

Oh, I get it. Your waiting for the next Katrina where you can go down to the Super Dome and make America great again with some head shots at 500 yards, right? Maybe smoke a couple of would-be car jackers and have the cops look the other way? Sound familiar?

Those of us still attached to reality call that fantasy. Romanticizing about it on the Internet is some type of defense mechanism about as sophisticated as playing Dungeons and Dragons.

Hey, now, no need for that!

:p

SteyrAUG
06-06-16, 02:09
I know I'm supposed to be libertarian and all, but I'd prefer if they killed drug users. They just don't seem to kill themselves fast enough and they are a lot more problematic than most drug dealers.

Drug users are the ones that steal your shit, poop out kids and generally become societies lowest common denominator. But that will never happen, because it's always gonna be somebodies "baby who just needed help and was trying to get back on track."

It's like nobody ever learned anything from the 70's heroin epidemic and boomers are too stupid to figure out you can't manage a heroin habit. So my solution is regardless of citizenship, deport them to Mexico where the heroin is. If anybody is still doing coke, send their ass to south america where that shit grows.

I guess we need to figure out the meth heads since they make that shit here.

SteyrAUG
06-06-16, 02:14
Take your bad, chain smoking self down to Ciudad Juarez, and commence to stacking bodies. In fact, you can be like Denzel Washington - a man on fire; writing your master piece. No?

I get the voice of reason stuff, but at the same time if ever I have some fatal "short time" disease or I have nothing left to live for anymore, I might do some local house cleaning in the bad neighborhoods.

But I was always partial to "The Exterminator" (1980), it was more my generation.

http://horrornews.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/The-Exterminator-1980-1.jpg

Firefly
06-06-16, 02:20

I'm less dudebro and more spoogemopper of this Christless society.

Please do not preach to me, ever, about policing or courts or anything like that.

I am the most powerless person of all. The law abiding. The Rule following. Mother may I. If I had a greenlight, I could put the sum total of an adult life devoted to the sham of 'the System' to real use.

Instead I play the jack off game of catch and release. We get it, you're the smartest man in the room. But I feel how I feel.

You either understand or you do not.

But years of robbery, rape, some kid getting sodomized, theft theft theft assault assault assault murder murder murder and smooth talking attorneys.

It is most atheizing.

So if you don't feel the hate, you wouldn't understand. If you don't understand, I won't take it upon myself to explain it to you.

Lo eso es

Moose-Knuckle
06-06-16, 03:33
...and then you come home to find your wife chopped up in little pieces (after they raped her, of course) and your kid's smoldering bodies in the back yard (after they put tires around them, poured gas on them, and set them on fire).

Defending your family from a direct threat is one thing. Going vigilante in the 3rd world is a great way to get your friends a family killed in a horrific way.

. . . AND maybe, I'm mean just maybe that is exactly WHY people get fed up and take up arms and kill the sons-of-bitches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JD7hPM_yxg

Honu
06-06-16, 04:34
sadly some will ?
how many know idea of course
but lets look at it another way how many innocent will die if drug dealers keep going ?
will that happen who knows

this is like saying dropping the bomb on Japan was a bad idea cause it killed so many innocent yet in reality it ended the war and did save more lives than it took

I dont think people are going to go out shooting everyone ? I think it will happen in some situations where drug dealers always a few terrorizing the many are going to have the tables turned
since most know who the bad guys are I think there will be a little house cleaning in some areas and it wont be the hollywood version of the wild west and innocent folks wont be gunned down by other innocent but by bad guys themselves hoping to get away with it which of course they do now anyway

fact is most neighborhoods people know who the bad guys are and who the good guys are !

I wonder how many people are going to get shot not because they were drug dealers - or because they tried to shoot drug dealers - but because someone else thinks they're a drug dealer.

Benito
06-06-16, 06:09

Right, you mean the ordered society that lets HRC walk freely, lets in known terrorist threats who post on Facebook and hose even warned of by Russians and Saudis of all people, let VA officials who lied and broke laws keep their jobs, let's 10s of thousands of illegal immigrant criminals out of jail, etc. Need I go on?

Yeah, anyone who is sick of this rampant lawlessness must be a fat D&D virgin living in heir mom's basement. Of course!! I guess the Founding Fathers should have just shut up. I mean, after all, there was law enforcement, courts, laws, and "ordered society" back then too.
Those uppity colonists should have known their place in their ordered society and accepted their lot in life.

JoshNC
06-06-16, 07:54

That was hillarious; thank you.

Alex V
06-06-16, 08:19

Come one man, have some fun with this. Everything doesn't have to be all serious.

By the way, my wife went back to school and when I mentioned I wanted to get her a graduation gift she asked for a .308 bolt action rifle... but it has to be in FDE lol. So Firefly, I would end up being her spotter :-D

The_War_Wagon
06-06-16, 08:45
Seconded! Hopefully President Trump urges the same. :D

JackFanToM
06-06-16, 09:11
My entire problem with this is twofold- who gets the final word on whether they are actually a dealer or not? Someone's neighbor pisses them off, so they off them, declare them a dealer...who is to say otherwise, who makes the final call? Second, what is declared a drug? I have had issue with this for a LONG time. As a recovering alcoholic (sober since 1/8/98) I personally have seen that alcohol is one of the most abused drugs, and has the most potential for violence and death. Cigarettes are made from tobacco, another drug, and God forbid my morning cup of joe gets labeled a drug. Who gets to make these distinctions?
Let's be honest, I don't know the stats, but I bet the yearly deaths by alcohol related accidents exceeds all other drug related deaths...should we execute liquor store owners? The Busch family? Slippery slope my friends slippery slope.

Bulletdog
06-06-16, 10:23
My entire problem with this is twofold- who gets the final word on whether they are actually a dealer or not? Someone's neighbor pisses them off, so they off them, declare them a dealer...who is to say otherwise, who makes the final call? Second, what is declared a drug? I have had issue with this for a LONG time. As a recovering alcoholic (sober since 1/8/98) I personally have seen that alcohol is one of the most abused drugs, and has the most potential for violence and death. Cigarettes are made from tobacco, another drug, and God forbid my morning cup of joe gets labeled a drug. Who gets to make these distinctions?
Let's be honest, I don't know the stats, but I bet the yearly deaths by alcohol related accidents exceeds all other drug related deaths...should we execute liquor store owners? The Busch family? Slippery slope my friends slippery slope.

I get your points here, but can you not tell who is a bad guy and who isn't?

No reason to shoot a guy having his morning cup of joe and reading the Sunday paper. No reason to shoot a guy have a beer at a backyard BBQ. Belligerent drunk with 7 DUIs with injuries or fatalities involved, a habit of beating his wife and children, and no intention of stopping, well, you make the call… Is that a bad guy, or not?

I don't think anyone here is talking about gunfire because your neighbor smoked a doobie after work. We are talking about violent felons with no regard for human life, and no respect for the innocent people trying to peacefully live their lives around them. These criminals are easy to recognize. These criminals would be easy to eliminate, if not for the law abiding, abiding by the laws.

JackFanToM
06-06-16, 10:24
I can tell, but I have very little faith in the general public being given this leeway.

JackFanToM
06-06-16, 10:27
I stand by the tone of my post - who gets to decide, and how are they qualifying the decision, who is accountable for holding the decision makers accountable. I see this getting out of control quickly, and bad people always take advantage of situations, even those designed with the best of intentions.

Bulletdog
06-06-16, 11:07
I can tell, but I have very little faith in the general public being given this leeway.

You bring up an interesting point, and I think it relates directly to this discussion. I frequently converse with liberals and anti-gunners about their POV. I find it interesting to try and understand why seemingly intelligent, reasonable people see things so differently than I do. Sometimes, I'm happy to say, I am presented with a chance to open a mind and change a POV. In any case, there is one frequently recurring theme that I have discovered among these people. I would describe it as distrust, if not disdain, for their fellow man.

Many of these people assume that if given the choice, "people" (meaning the general public at large) will choose to do the wrong thing over the right. They think that if people were allowed to walk around with guns that it would result in Wild West style shootouts at the OK Corral on a regular basis. They assert that if people could discretely carry guns for self defense that dozens of innocents would also be gunned down in a cross fire. They assert that people would be murdered over every fender bender. Now everyone reading this knows these assertions are absurd and false, but many of these folks have no idea what goes on in society around them. The mass media feeds them these lies from the time they are children and they have just never been exposed to the "other side". I ask them that if they had a gun in their car, would they shoot and kill the next guy that rear ends them? "No." Do they think that I would? "No." Do they think their uncle Bob is a murderer just waiting for the opportunity to strike? "No. Of course not." Well who among us is going to kill another driver at this hypothetical fender bender? That guy over there? "No." The little old lady with the hat? "No." I then ask them to tell me who this villain that they are afraid is going to won-tonly execute fellow drivers on the road is, and they don't have an answer. Sometimes they will answer that gang-bangers or drug dealers will be the culprit. I say that those people are already committing illegal acts, and ask them how is you or me carrying a gun responsibly for self defense against those kind of people a bad thing? Those bad guys are already going to carry a gun and commit heinous crimes. What we are debating here is whether or not you and I are allowed by the government to have an effective defense against these criminals.

In any case, I feel that I will be able to make responsible, logical choices when it come to the carrying of a gun for self defense. I feel that the majority of people around me will also behave responsibly. In short, I trust my fellow man to also do the right thing. I believe that most people will. I find that most liberals do not think their fellow man will behave in a courteous, thoughtful, legal, responsible manner. They think society will degenerate into lawlessness if we don't have the nanny state to keep order amongst us. They believe this even thought they themselves would behave, and everyone they know would behave. Most of them have a lot of trouble articulating why they believe this.

Eurodriver
06-06-16, 11:21
Bulletdog,

I think many liberals, even the ones who answered your question "No", can indeed see themselves shooting someone over a parking space or a fender bender. That is why they want them banned. Because they would do it, and they don't want anyone else doing it to them.

I guess my point is that I have noticed the complete opposite among anti-gunners.

JackFanToM
06-06-16, 11:33
You bring up an interesting point, and I think it relates directly to this discussion. I frequently converse with liberals and anti-gunners about their POV. I find it interesting to try and understand why seemingly intelligent, reasonable people see things so differently than I do. Sometimes, I'm happy to say, I am presented with a chance to open a mind and change a POV. In any case, there is one frequently recurring theme that I have discovered among these people. I would describe it as distrust, if not disdain, for their fellow man.

Many of these people assume that if given the choice, "people" (meaning the general public at large) will choose to do the wrong thing over the right. They think that if people were allowed to walk around with guns that it would result in Wild West style shootouts at the OK Corral on a regular basis. They assert that if people could discretely carry guns for self defense that dozens of innocents would also be gunned down in a cross fire. They assert that people would be murdered over every fender bender. Now everyone reading this knows these assertions are absurd and false, but many of these folks have no idea what goes on in society around them. The mass media feeds them these lies from the time they are children and they have just never been exposed to the "other side". I ask them that if they had a gun in their car, would they shoot and kill the next guy that rear ends them? "No." Do they think that I would? "No." Do they think their uncle Bob is a murderer just waiting for the opportunity to strike? "No. Of course not." Well who among us is going to kill another driver at this hypothetical fender bender? That guy over there? "No." The little old lady with the hat? "No." I then ask them to tell me who this villain that they are afraid is going to won-tonly execute fellow drivers on the road is, and they don't have an answer. Sometimes they will answer that gang-bangers or drug dealers will be the culprit. I say that those people are already committing illegal acts, and ask them how is you or me carrying a gun responsibly for self defense against those kind of people a bad thing? Those bad guys are already going to carry a gun and commit heinous crimes. What we are debating here is whether or not you and I are allowed by the government to have an effective defense against these criminals.

In any case, I feel that I will be able to make responsible, logical choices when it come to the carrying of a gun for self defense. I feel that the majority of people around me will also behave responsibly. In short, I trust my fellow man to also do the right thing. I believe that most people will. I find that most liberals do not think their fellow man will behave in a courteous, thoughtful, legal, responsible manner. They think society will degenerate into lawlessness if we don't have the nanny state to keep order amongst us. They believe this even thought they themselves would behave, and everyone they know would behave. Most of them have a lot of trouble articulating why they believe this.

Not to cast shadow on your very sunny POV, but if all that is true, then why is there a need to carry a firearm...the general public is inherently good? I'm going to fill you in on a very brief but totally factual depiction of the general public, told from the findings of a hotel GM...I have seen a major corporation CEO defecate in an elevator, a Santa Claus for a major mall (A guy who has parents bring their children to him as they had sat upon his knee as children) masturbate all over a mirror and leave his door unlocked so housekeepers can catch him in process, a corporate guest write his notes on a bed sheet instead of the notepad supplied in the room, countless upstanding guests take items that do not belong to them, parents get into fist fights in the pool area over issues between their children, a guest found masturbating in another guest's room over their sleeping child who then bites the arresting female police officer, another corporate guest write all over the bathroom mirror in feces and attempt to claim it was the stomach flu, guests defecate in urinals, stairwells, and hallways, other hotel GMs at conference cheat on their spouses (too many to list), and then add the countless drug, alcohol, prostitution issues, and the countless DUIs (that are more than merely potentially life threatening).
You ask us to have faith in the judgement of the general public...you first, if they are so trustworthy stop carrying a firearm. No offense meant, but I have a vastly different POV on the general public, as I see what they do when they think no one is watching.

sevenhelmet
06-06-16, 11:37
Bulletdog,

I think many liberals, even the ones who answered your question "No", can indeed see themselves shooting someone over a parking space or a fender bender. That is why they want them banned. Because they would do it, and they don't want anyone else doing it to them.

I guess my point is that I have noticed the complete opposite among anti-gunners.

x2. Some of the most violent rhetoric comes from the people preaching "peace" and "tolernance".

Honu
06-06-16, 12:38
the left are unhinged ?
look at the recent iolence toward someone they do not agree at trump rallies !!!
they have NO moral compass of wrong or right they support the murder of children and actually praise some for doing it !!

and ditto Euro

ForTehNguyen
06-06-16, 19:47
attacking a symptom and not the cause. End the War on Drugs

Boba Fett v2
07-04-16, 16:45
https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/07/philippines-duterte-drug-addicts/

NEWLY-INSTALLED Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has reiterated his tough stance on crime by urging the public to not only kill drug dealers, but addicts as well.

His remarks came barely a day after he was sworn in as the country’s 16th president in Manila on Thursday, Vice reported.

Speaking to a crowd of 500 in a Manila slum, Duterte said: “If you know of any addicts, go ahead and kill them yourself as getting their parents to do it would be too painful.”

He added that, “These sons of whores are destroying our children.”

After claiming victory in the general elections in May, the former Davao city mayor said medals would be given to citizens who shot and killed drug dealers.

SEE ALSO: As presidency begins, Duterte holds firm on campaign promises

His words look to have been put into action since he took presidency as bodies of drug suspects piled up over the last few several days.

According to PhilStar, 18 suspected drug pushers were killed in separate incidents over the weekend, while another 952 confessed drug users and pushers, fearing for their safety, surrendered themselves to authorities in the past two days.

Three suspects were killed by policemen in Duterte’s hometown of Davao and another five suspects were shot in Quaipo.

SEE ALSO: Filipino drug lords pitch in to raise $21 million for ‘Kill Duterte’ fund

Lawmen in Caloocan also killed a former policemen and suspected drug pusher.

One man was shot in Tondo, Manila on Sunday and another in San Pedro, Laguna. Another six suspects were killed in Quezon province.

The latest deathtoll brought the number of drug suspects killed to 30 after Duterte was sworn in as president on June 30, PhilStar reported.

https://cdn.asiancorrespondent.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/duterte-gun-940x580.png

SteyrAUG
07-04-16, 16:53
Somebody has a nice TP9.

Imagine if we did this in just one state. There would be less than 1,000 people in Oakland, CA.

They are shooting in Chicago every day, might as well shoot the bad guys.

nml
07-04-16, 17:03
Key word suspects. The right answer is somewhere between our 3 year trials for someone caught in the act and these 3 second filipino "trials".

MountainRaven
07-04-16, 17:11
Somebody has a nice TP9.

Imagine if we did this in just one state. There would be less than 1,000 people in Oakland, CA.

They are shooting in Chicago every day, might as well shoot the bad guys.

I think the photo is from a trade show, as you can see Kel-Tec and "Mil-Tec(?)" on the banner behind him.

Key word suspects. The right answer is somewhere between our 3 year trials for someone caught in the act and these 3 second filipino "trials".

It's all fun and games until your neighbors decide to execute a no-knock warrant (without a warrant) and then kill you, your dog, and your family - because they heard from some guy that you're a drug dealer.

Honu
07-04-16, 17:13
deleted

JoshNC
07-04-16, 21:59
Somebody has a nice TP9.

MP9. The TP9 is a semiauto pistol.

SteyrAUG
07-04-16, 22:31
MP9. The TP9 is a semiauto pistol.

Correction noted. Being in the "freest country in the world" I can only have a SBR version in semi auto.

SteyrAUG
07-04-16, 22:32

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd want to actually live in a "purge" nation. But if I did, I know some houses.

Firefly
07-04-16, 22:32
I hope these Filipinos realize that they aren't making the Philippines great again and are merely cellar dwellers living out Dungeons and Dragons what with 30 dope slingers dead and 952 hoods showing up begging to be put in jail.

Especially ol' buddy with the submachine gun. He's just in fantasy land.

But on a personal level, I applaud the social activism of those in the Philippines trying to clean up their neighborhoods.

MegademiC
07-05-16, 06:23
I'm more of a fan of going through the legal process for violent offender than vigilante "justice" and killing people selling some pot they grew and made a few extra dollers with.

JasonB1
07-05-16, 06:24
So what happens if(or when) a similar plan is announced along with a gun ban in this country?

Big A
07-05-16, 07:47
So what happens if(or when) a similar plan is announced along with a gun ban in this country?

A similar plan to kill drug dealers along with a gun ban or a similar plan to kill gun owners that refuse to comply with a ban?

I don't know how the latter would work but if the loony leftists decided to take up arms to rid freedom loving Americans of their unalienable rights then there will blood in the streets from Tyrants and Patriots alike. Hopefully more from the former.

Big A
07-05-16, 07:50
I'm more of a fan of going through the legal process for violent offender than vigilante "justice" and killing people selling some pot they grew and made a few extra dollers with.

What about those who move large quantities of heroin or cocaine?

JasonB1
07-05-16, 08:43
A similar plan to kill drug dealers along with a gun ban or a similar plan to kill gun owners that refuse to comply with a ban?

I don't know how the latter would work but if the loony leftists decided to take up arms to rid freedom loving Americans of their unalienable rights then there will blood in the streets from Tyrants and Patriots alike. Hopefully more from the former.

The latter.

It wouldn't be tyrants versus patriots, just lawful authority versus criminals.

JasonB1
07-05-16, 08:50
http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2015/p1218-drug-overdose.html
"Drug overdose deaths hit record numbers in 2014
Over 47,000 deaths last year, mostly due to opioid pain relievers and heroin"

http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

"Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years.1,2 Further, excessive drinking was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20-64 years. The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2010 were estimated at $249 billion, or $2.05 a drink.3"

MegademiC
07-05-16, 09:47
What about those who move large quantities of heroin or cocaine?

I still don't think they deserve vigilante executions. We have a system. It's messed up right now, but it would work if done properly. This is just a slippery slope. I worded my above response that way for a reason. If your pushing kids to use the stuff, that's not a victimless crime, selling weed to homeboy is not worthy of eating lead imo.

Big A
07-05-16, 11:22
I still don't think they deserve vigilante executions. We have a system. It's messed up right now, but it would work if done properly. This is just a slippery slope. I worded my above response that way for a reason. If your pushing kids to use the stuff, that's not a victimless crime, selling weed to homeboy is not worthy of eating lead imo.

Gotcha, just wanted to make sure one didn't get a pass over others.

Big A
07-05-16, 11:25
The latter.

It wouldn't be tyrants versus patriots, just lawful authority versus criminals.

The lawful authority of the Constitution vs those who seek to undermine, infringe upon and usurp it's protections?

JasonB1
07-05-16, 12:00
The lawful authority of the Constitution vs those who seek to undermine, infringe upon and usurp it's protections?

That really hasn't carried much weight since day one unfortunately. If it did, there wouldn't be any gun or drug laws, particularly the federal variety.

Firefly
07-05-16, 13:04
Well first of all, let's not anthropomorphize 3rd World dope dealers. These guys are a lot less lovable Tommy Chong selling dimebags and a lot more vicious sadist. Some of whom use their dope money to fund Islamic terrorism, so no Fs given there.

Second, it would be more humorous than terrifying if Shrillery told all the hipsters and college kids to go after gun owners.

With what? Interpretive dance? Eggs? A sign? Rocks? Passive Aggressive Facebook Macros?

It would be literally pathetic and downright cruel to send some 20 year old naive do gooders after some down rangy types who just got that new Noveske and a batch of 77gr OTM.

Apparently the people whonvoted this guy in are okay with it or they wouldn't be getting busy.

I will not poo poo people who are tired of the BS and are reclaiming the streets.

We did that ourselves only 130 years ago in a lot of places. We turned out okay.

JasonB1
07-05-16, 14:13
Wouldn't have to be toe to toe, massive house fire with occupants asleep would be one way around it for unequipped zealots. Then there would be the officially equipped side as well.

So how is he keeping the connected dealers safe since that is typically another aspect of 3rd(and any other) world drug crime?

Firefly
07-05-16, 17:37
Well first....you gotta get to the house to burn it. And when you see your first body drop, a LOT of folks start losing their nerve. Seriously, I've seen it. Homeboy shoots homeboy. Homeboys brains are leaking out the side of his head. Whoever doesn't run away is in hysterics and crying to Jesus.

As for the 'Official' side....That's a big goddamn yawn from me, good buddy.

For every hardcharger there are 20 duds. The hardchargers will not be participating. They can't/won't even break up a bullshit street gang.

How the holy hell are they going to go after 10 million recorded gun owners?

Short of carpet bombing or JDAMing, that is a LONG row to hoe.

Our gun laws, in essence, are on the honor system. At most they'll send someone too effing stupid or fat to get in the FBI or Marshals to your house. Maybe get local yokel cops involved. That is, again, out of a pool of tens of millions of documented gun owners. That's a lot of effort for ONE person.

So......ain't skeered. When they kill off the mob, the Cartels. ISIS, Al Qaeda, North Korea, all these bullshit street gangs, and all the Sons of Anarchy 1%er types......then I might raise a brow.

SteyrAUG
07-05-16, 18:26
So......ain't skeered. When they kill off the mob, the Cartels. ISIS, Al Qaeda, North Korea, all these bullshit street gangs, and all the Sons of Anarchy 1%er types......then I might raise a brow.

You just described "Miller Time", I think I'd raise a glass rather than an eyebrow. In fact if they did ALL that, I might not feel compelled to CCW every place I go.

Not that it was ever "completely safe" but I really do wish I lived in a time and place when it was perfectly legal to open carry a handgun in a holster but still unusual to see it happen unless you were camping, hunting or on the way to the range.

Still can remember hunting season in the midwest, mid 70s and being at a diner where guys with holstered revolvers sat next to deputies with holstered revolvers and they were mostly talking about the weather or how the hunting was that season. A few soft cased rifles would be propped up against the vending machine by the door.

Firefly
07-05-16, 18:44
Yeah...

Actually man, you still kinda can. Not that I do it everyday but I've OC'd my Glock and/or a revolver to like....wal mart, the mall, and wherever and nobody's said anything ever. It may be just because I have that 'look' despite my beatnikism or casual demeanor.

Even when I came back from a hike with my 629 and stopped off at a paki mart at like 2200.

And I miss the days of dudes racking rifles and eating a BBQ sammich but these days some A-Hole would rip you off.

Honu
08-11-16, 07:29
interesting update :)

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/08/10/dozens-philippine-politicians-turn-named-drug-war/

Falar
08-11-16, 09:20
I think the photo is from a trade show, as you can see Kel-Tec and "Mil-Tec(?)" on the banner behind him.

It's all fun and games until your neighbors decide to execute a no-knock warrant (without a warrant) and then kill you, your dog, and your family - because they heard from some guy that you're a drug dealer.

If that happens to you then you should have been more prepared.

Darwinism and all.

RWK
08-11-16, 12:26
From the Breitbart report:

Since he delivered the speech Sunday, many of his opponents have sounded the alarm that such a move is a violation of the due process rights of those accused, who Duterte admitted had not been convicted. He appeared to have expected this criticism when he told the audience Sunday, “There is no due process in my mouth.”

“[Duterte] is probably the most popular president we’ve ever had,” an anonymous human rights worker told the newspaper. “I’ve been watching this issue [for years] and I’ve never seen this kind of support for something so horrible from a human rights perspective.”

This is a wholesale roundup and slaughter. Cops are even killing other cops. The Filipinos have elected themselves a tyrant and mass murderer as their president.

Honu
08-11-16, 15:27
key part of the quote you posted HIS OPPONENTS !!!!!!!
like they are going to agree :)

I guess killing bad guys who are killing tons of innocent people is murder ? to me its just cleaning up the mess
would killing the radical Mexican gangs that are doing all the damage be murder or cleaning house ?

if you are going to go to war you will have people killed
if you truly have a drug war ? well that is war ! and should be handled as a war

The Los Angeles Times cites human rights activists in the Philippines are remarking that Duterte’s approach to fighting crime is extremely popular — using violence to eradicate the nation’s drug crime was the cornerstone of the successful Duterte presidential campaign, as Duterte efficiently dealt with the issue during his 22-year tenure as mayor of Davao City.

RWK
08-11-16, 20:11
key part of the quote you posted HIS OPPONENTS !!!!!!!
like they are going to agree :)

I guess killing bad guys who are killing tons of innocent people is murder ? to me its just cleaning up the mess
would killing the radical Mexican gangs that are doing all the damage be murder or cleaning house ?

if you are going to go to war you will have people killed
if you truly have a drug war ? well that is war ! and should be handled as a war

I don't know how much experience or contact you have with the Philippines, but I happen to have a lot. What's going on there isn't comparable to Mexico. What's going on is a country lost its collective mind and elected a madman whose MO is to say "I label you a criminal" and then sanction extra-judicial killings. No investigations, no trials, no due process to even establish reasonable suspicion. That's murder, and it's happening on a mass scale. This isn't some "Walking Tall" or Charles Bronson movie fantasy. These are state-sponsored spree killings. What's happening there is the antithesis of our entire system of justice. Outside of Internet bullshit bravado, the idea that you as an American would support what's happening in the Philippines is disturbing on many levels.

Firefly
08-11-16, 20:19
Okay so maybe "Grab your shit and start cleaning the streets" was a bit too broad and has a few fleas in it.

But the intent was sound

Honu
08-11-16, 22:18
never said it was like Mexico just used that as the same thing getting rid of bad guys cause bad guys do more damage to innocent folks
than killing those bad guys alone
you say OUR system ? well its not happening here is it

so about 450-550 people were killed so far in his drug war about 150 by vigilantes the rest by police
the fear it put in was over 100,000 people turned themselves in !!!!
pretty low numbers really !

the fact he won by a landslide and the majority of people are happy with him (%85) and want this WAR again WAR on drug criminals is proof the people of the country voted and got what they wanted !!

the killings are investigated and if its a get back at someone those people are then in serious trouble and killed ? so the idea you can just kill someone you do not like is not happening so you cant just say you are a criminal and I kill you ? but hey the huffpo I am sure will tel you that is happening :) and from info seems only a couple times its happened ? again less than a weekend on Chicago if innocents being killed

and yes bad cops are being killed cause many cops in that place are corrupt and same as other officials !!! again IMHO a good start to cleaning up something that has gone so bad and the status quo was not working
again the US war on drugs is a joke as there is no war !!! at least this guy said its a war and is treating it like one

I don't know how much experience or contact you have with the Philippines, but I happen to have a lot. What's going on there isn't comparable to Mexico. What's going on is a country lost its collective mind and elected a madman whose MO is to say "I label you a criminal" and then sanction extra-judicial killings. No investigations, no trials, no due process to even establish reasonable suspicion. That's murder, and it's happening on a mass scale. This isn't some "Walking Tall" or Charles Bronson movie fantasy. These are state-sponsored spree killings. What's happening there is the antithesis of our entire system of justice. Outside of Internet bullshit bravado, the idea that you as an American would support what's happening in the Philippines is disturbing on many levels.

Honu
08-11-16, 22:45
never mind :)

SteyrAUG
08-11-16, 23:50

Seems to me the country had to be coming apart at the seams prior to this scenario even being possible.

Not saying I condone, advocate or actually support it, but I understand how these things happen. I'm hoping we never manage to completely tip over in this country, but if we do, I know how quickly things can go sideways.

RWK
08-12-16, 01:11
the killings are investigated and if its a get back at someone those people are then in serious trouble and killed ? so the idea you can just kill someone you do not like is not happening so you cant just say you are a criminal and I kill you ? but hey the huffpo I am sure will tel you that is happening :)

No, not HuffPo. The Filipino police themselves are telling us that it's happening:

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/577292/news/nation/pnp-zero-cases-of-extrajudicial-killings-have-been-solved

A Philippine National Police official admitted Thursday that they have yet to solve any of the recent killings believed to be carried out through extrajudicial means.

People are being killed on the streets (http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/video/380131/unangbalita/5-drug-pusher-umano-natagpuang-patay-sa-daan-sa-san-jose-del-monte-bulacan) by vigilantes and the police themselves. And the ones you read about are just the ones that have been reported and "confirmed" by the police; who also happen to be the ones responsible for investigating themselves, of course.

And Duterte's response when the Congress wants inquiries into the extra-judicial killings? He doubles-down on his threats to disband the Congress to create a "revolutionary government". He's drafting his own hit lists of other politicians/elected officials and using the military to rubber stamp it. He, personally, writes down the names and the military "validates" them. He then tells those people that they either resign their positions and turn themselves in for arrest, or he'll send the military/police to kill them. They haven't been investigated or charged with any crimes, mind you. They're simply being told to resign and report to jail or they'll be killed. Zero due process. This is NOT someone that anyone should be looking to in admiration. The guy's a maniac who's using his official position to pursue his bloodlust.

Seems to me the country had to be coming apart at the seams prior to this scenario even being possible.

Not saying I condone, advocate or actually support it, but I understand how these things happen. I'm hoping we never manage to completely tip over in this country, but if we do, I know how quickly things can go sideways.

The Philippines is a fragile democracy and they've had cycles of dictators and tyrants assuming power (Marcos). Duterte is their third-world, psychotic version of Donald Trump. What happens there isn't reflective of anything here. What grinds my gears is people here pointing to what's happening there as if to say maybe that's something that we need here.

Honu
08-12-16, 06:40
AND this bold part tells us all we need to know about your viewpoint :)

Duterte is their third-world, psychotic version of Donald Trump

again always two sides to the coin

he could end up bad like obama has for our country :)
or maybe he will end up doing more good ?
time will tell :)

RWK
08-12-16, 11:24
AND this bold part tells us all we need to know about your viewpoint :)

I don't know what that's supposed to mean. I mention Donald Trump and that somehow glosses over all the heinous things that Duterte's doing...?