PDA

View Full Version : Best match for NP3 finish?

MajorLonghorn
06-08-16, 01:51
I have a POF P415 with the NP3 coating and I am wondering which furniture matches it best. I currently have black Magpul furniture, but I am considering FDE, foliage green, or grey (Magpul or BCM). I don't really want to order a bunch of different grips, stocks, and such to figure out what works best and there are very few images posted online depicting color combinations.

Any opinions and pictures of NP3 matched to different furniture would be greatly appreciated.

JasonB1
06-08-16, 10:02
In all honesty I think black looks best against a "white" finish, although the greys might be good. You might also give coyote brown a look. I think foliage green or fde(especially other than Magpul shade) would be so light as to not look the best.

MajorLonghorn
06-08-16, 11:25
I tried a Magpul MOE+ FDE grip on it today and it looked pretty good against the NP3, but a Magpul AFG2 and LWRC compact stock did not. They were too brown, whereas the rubbery texture of the grip looked more neutral and didn't clash with the receiver. I am thinking that maybe a grey or foliage green might work, so long as it's a more neutral hue. The very light grey stuff I've seen out there probably would not work, either.

titsonritz
06-08-16, 11:41
I like the way grey matches.

MajorLonghorn
06-08-16, 12:35
I like the way grey matches.
Which manufacturer's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

titsonritz
06-08-16, 12:58
I am using BCM's Wolf Grey furniture (waiting on their new handguard) on one of my ARs.

I have a Magpul grey hunter stock on my SS 10/22 and it matches well also.

MajorLonghorn
06-08-16, 13:01
I am using BCM's Wolf Grey.
Awesome. Could you post a picture?

titsonritz
06-08-16, 13:04
Awesome. Could you post a picture?

Sorry I don't have a camera at the moment.

MajorLonghorn
06-08-16, 22:33
I broke down and ordered KeyMod rail covers from BCM in FDE, Foliage Green, and Wolf Grey and Magpul XTM rail covers in Stealth Grey, in addition to Ergo ladder rail covers in graphite and FDE. Hopefully at least one of these variants will work with NP3.

MajorLonghorn
06-13-16, 21:17
Update: BCM FDE and Foliage Green looked better than Wolf Grey, but Ergo FDE ladder rail covers than either. I recently learned of Larue Urban Dark Earth, and I ordered a set of rail clips to see how well that goes.