PDA

View Full Version : Small Diameter M-Lok FF Rail Handguard

QuackXP
06-10-16, 09:46
I'm looking to put a FF rail on my stock 6920. I would like something with a small enough diameter so that when I add Type 2 Magupl M-Lok rail covers the hand guard are idealy the not any bigger than the stock colt hand guards.

I would also like the top to be all picatinny and have M-lok at 90, 180, and 270 degrees. If there are other M-lok connectors between these angles that is great but it should not be at the expense of the size of the rail. Since the rifle is still stock I have not put on a low pro gas block so if the rail only supports certain gas blocks that is OK.

IraqVet1982
06-10-16, 09:48
MI G3 Mlok are amazing. So light and thin. That's my recommendation, I have them on a couple rifles.

methical20
06-10-16, 09:53
I looked for 30 seconds to find this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?184407-Need-help-picking-a-Free-Float-Rail!

If I had looked for 5 minutes I could have found several others. This topic and other similar topics have been discussed many times.

Something to consider, the trend now is thinner and lighter. That's great, but only a few companies are accomplishing that while maintaining proper rigidity of the hand guard.

jstalford
06-10-16, 10:16
CMR Mlok

QuackXP
06-10-16, 11:41
I looked for 30 seconds to find this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?184407-Need-help-picking-a-Free-Float-Rail!

If I had looked for 5 minutes I could have found several others. This topic and other similar topics have been discussed many times.

Something to consider, the trend now is thinner and lighter. That's great, but only a few companies are accomplishing that while maintaining proper rigidity of the hand guard.

I did search and most of the thread titles where about lightweight. I'm more interested in it being as small a diameter as possible. I figure that alone will cause it to be lightweight but weight is not my main priority.

This looks ideal. But I don't trust the vendor quality wise.

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=&level1=&level2=&itemno=MTU019SSM&status=utg

Uprange41
06-10-16, 12:23
CMR Mlok

This.

slowlowmiata
06-10-16, 12:57
Alg emr. Doneski

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jstalford
06-10-16, 12:57
I have no idea about the UTG rail but I'm pretty sure the cmr is what you're looking for if you want slim, mlok, good attachment method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GH41
06-10-16, 16:22
Leapers/UTG... No way! If you're on a budget go ALG. If you can afford the best buy BCM/KMR. Don't drink the M kool aid.

Defaultmp3
06-10-16, 16:41
Mega Arms WedgeLock.
SMOS GFY Rail.
Noveske M-LOK NSR (unknown date of release).
SLR Rifleworks ION Lite.
Midwest Industries G3.
Centurion Arms CMR M-LOK.

The ALG rails do not appear to be all that slim; looks to be about a 1.8" outer diameter.

TMS951
06-10-16, 17:29
I have a SMOS GFY Mlok rail, its awesome. But I have an SMOS upper to go with it. I think this is key because it has a hole for the anti rotation pin.

I wouldn't bother waiting a for a Noveske version. The SMOS is it, as SMOS previously made Noveske rails for them. Also a SMOS rail is 150$ while the Noveske is 250$, for a rail made in the same shop.

Defaultmp3
06-10-16, 17:42
I wouldn't bother waiting a for a Noveske version. The SMOS is it, as SMOS previously made Noveske rails for them. Also a SMOS rail is 150$ while the Noveske is 250$, for a rail made in the same shop.I was told that SMOS no longer produces rails for Noveske.

SomeOtherGuy
06-10-16, 18:27
I'm looking to put a FF rail on my stock 6920. I would like something with a small enough diameter so that when I add Type 2 Magupl M-Lok rail covers the hand guard are idealy the not any bigger than the stock colt hand guards.

You say stock 6920 - so do you want a 7" rail that fits completely behind the stock front sight base? I've seen relatively few newer rails (MLOK or otherwise) that come in the 7" length.

The Fortis RevII MLOK fits your requirements perfectly - super slim, light, 3 sides of MLOK and top of picatinny rail. They have a 7" carbine version:

http://fortismfg.com/REV-2-free-float-rail-system-7-MLOK

That would seem a perfect fit for what you want.

I think Troy's MLOK rail is available in the 7" length, and meets some of your requirements but not all.

nate89
06-10-16, 19:12
I have used several of the ALG rails, and I think they are one of the best for the price.

TMS951
06-10-16, 21:39
I was told that SMOS no longer produces rails for Noveske.

Yes I heard they use a 'cheaper' supplier now. Considering SMOS sells rails and upper setts for 300$ the new supplier must be dirt cheap and noveske must have a huge mark up.

My statement was not clear as I did not mean to imply SMOS makes the new unrealeased rail as much as to say they make the same thing and beat Noveske to market on it.

Personally I don't see how thier new supplier could make a product of equal quality for less.

elephantrider
06-10-16, 22:19
I have used several of the ALG rails, and I think they are one of the best for the price.

^I agree with this. VERY sturdy rail for the price.

The ALG EMR fits all your needs except for the lack of M-lok slots at 3 and 9 o'clock. Even with the type 1 Magpul covers it is still ergonomic with a 1.75" outer diameter. I doubt that it would work well with the type 2 covers.

If you are dead set on m-lok slots at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock with type 2 covers then SMOS Arms, Centurion Arms, and Midwest Industries are your options.