PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't guns expensive yet?

Eurodriver
06-10-16, 19:11
Hillary is POTUS 2016. No doubt about it. Guns will be an issue, and even Trump (despite his website saying otherwise) can't be assured to be a good steward of the 2A.

The election is in 5 months and I don't think I've ever seen stuff cheaper. 9mm ammo is regularly down to <$200 delivered for 1k. 5.56mm is $300 delivered. You can buy AR lowers for $65/OTD at almost any LGS.

It just seems kind of baffling. I'm literally buying so many lowers, mags, and ammo that I have had to change my grocery buying habits, and I've stopped putting money into my IRA.

Is everyone still broke from Sandy Hook?

Arik
06-10-16, 19:17
I buy ammo and mags mainly but I'm not going crazy over it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Kain
06-10-16, 19:24
Euro how long after Sandyhook did it take for shit to get really crazy? What, close to a month?

Also, didn't that shit teach you anything? People don't think ahead. People don't plan. If shit goes as bad as some are planning on, well then it will make sandy hook look like a ****ing blimp on the radar.

Koshinn
06-10-16, 19:25
Is everyone still broke from Sandy Hook?

Broke or fatigued maybe.

I think it could be for a few reasons:

1) Willful ignorance. People are pretending Trump has a great chance, so they aren't acting on impulse yet to buy everything.

2) Even Obama couldn't get firearm legislation through, so Clinton with an equally hostile Congress likely won't be able to either.

3) Sandy Hook happened recently enough that a lot of people are probably still sitting on ammo and lowers and mags and other parts.

4) It might only start after HRC gets elected. People only panicked after Sandy Hook too. Panickers panicked because they didn't prepare, which means by definition that they won't panick before SHTF.

5) .22LR never fell in price, it's still around $50/500 rather than the $20-25/500 before Sandy Hook :(

Outlander Systems
06-10-16, 19:33
Because the average shmuck is suffering from myopia, and doesn't possess an ounce of forethought.

A buddy of mine is buying primers and a secondary reloading machine like they're going out of style.

Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

Hillary, mark my words, will make a lot of law-abiding folks overnight felons.

Just. Wait.

Five months, nickel.

TMS951
06-10-16, 21:14
The getting has so good for so long that any one with quarter of brain has thier fair share. After 2-3 scares and panic buying episodes any one who is not two thirds retarded has everything they'll ever need.

I still pick stuff up on sale her and there, but want for nothing at this point.

After Hillary gets elected the real idiots will wake up and start buying. Then the panic will set in. People like us will laugh, the idiots will be shitting themselves.

Jellybean
06-10-16, 21:32
Give it a couple more months.
After Trump sticks his foot in his mouth a few more times, and the sea hag starts to look more like the winning candidate, it will begin in earnest.
I'm guessing the 2016 pre/post election panic-buying brawl will make SH look like boyish playground fisticuffs.

Firefly
06-10-16, 21:49
While everyone is panic buying low class ARs, I'll be smugly shooting my bolt actions.

Because homeboy don't gots no assault rifles and was out of town when everything went down.

SteyrAUG
06-10-16, 21:58
Because it's not November yet.

Everyone that "get's it" already did their shopping. Those that don't "get it" will have a November surprise.

svtpwnz
06-10-16, 22:02
Main reason is supply has finally caught up and surpassed demand. Many of the folks who were on the fence have purchased their zombie apocalypse crap and are happy.

If cunt krackula is elected, I give it a month after and the serious panic buying will start. That shit will make SH and the 2008 election look like bake sale.

Rayrevolver
06-10-16, 22:26
5) .22LR never fell in price, it's still around $50/500 rather than the $20-25/500 before Sandy Hook :(

My local Dicks had $19.99 Federal Automatch 325s, $39.99 Remington 525 packs (these used to be $29.99), and at least 3 or 4 other flavors of 22LR when I walked in 2 days ago. Cabelas has the Automatch for $23.

But yes, was telling someone I thought 9mm prices were almost back to 2006 levels. Blew most of my cash on NFA but will hopefully start to get more 9mm subs and Wolf 223 Gold.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-10-16, 22:32

My local Dicks had $19.99 Federal Automatch 325s, $39.99 Remington 525 packs (these used to be $29.99), and at least 3 or 4 other flavors of 22LR when I walked in 2 days ago. Cabelas has the Automatch for $23.

But yes, was telling someone I thought 9mm prices were almost back to 2006 levels. Blew most of my cash on NFA but will hopefully start to get more 9mm subs and Wolf 223 Gold.

I swear to God, that if the apocalypse comes I am going to shoot all those 22lr hoarders from 400 yards away with my 7.62 and take their frickin' ammo. I have a real hard time not rimfire slapping people who talk about 22lr as currency.

And Barry just put all the new stuff in about needing an FFL to be in the 'gun business'. Hillary wins and she'll match up transactions with her enemies list and if the IRS can't get you, the ATF will for selling a couple of guns when things get stupid later this year.

wildcard600
06-10-16, 23:11
Because it's not November yet.

Everyone that "get's it" already did their shopping. Those that don't "get it" will have a November surprise.

Yep.

That reminds me that I need to brush up on the EE guidlines.

P2000
06-10-16, 23:13
Panic buying on any significant scale seems to be a reaction not involving any foresight. I predict things will pick up in November, but not nearly like Sandy Hook.

An interesting relevant link: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf

wilson1911
06-10-16, 23:54
I swear to God, that if the apocalypse comes I am going to shoot all those 22lr hoarders from 400 yards away with my 7.62 and take their frickin' ammo. I have a real hard time not rimfire slapping people who talk about 22lr as currency.

I just think its funny that "they" have not thought about how someone will find out who they are. This is one case where the bigger gun will win. People will always talk...given enough incentive....be wary of your friends.

Honu
06-11-16, 00:41
back in the 80s a survival instructor I knew always laughed about the guys buying uzi and guns back then and said when I want one of those will just take my hunting rifle out and get one :) hahahhaha

And Barry just put all the new stuff in about needing an FFL to be in the 'gun business'. Hillary wins and she'll match up transactions with her enemies list and if the IRS can't get you, the ATF will for selling a couple of guns when things get stupid later this year.

SteyrAUG
06-11-16, 01:33
Panic buying on any significant scale seems to be a reaction not involving any foresight. I predict things will pick up in November, but not nearly like Sandy Hook.

An interesting relevant link: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf

If Clinton wins, the panic will be worse than the Obama gun sale and Sandy Hook panic combined.

Moose-Knuckle
06-11-16, 03:12
The vast majority of humans are inherently reactive and not proactive. There is a lot of buyers remorse after people paid $3K for Bushmasters and $100 for a single PMAG after Sandy Hook. Add to that a frog in a pot of warm water and you find where we are currently.

If you weren't buying Conex containers of standard capacity mags in September '04 then your not serious unless of course you were a mere Jedi youngling.

Mag sales are everywhere, I've been acquiring mags for rifles I don't even own. I await the panic as I have several NIB queens to unload that I've been holding on for just this panic oops I mean election.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst . . .

Eurodriver
06-11-16, 08:12

That's actually very interesting.

The number of NCIS checks in Feb 2016 is 300,000 higher than it was after Sandy Hook.

Maybe people are buying tons of stuff. Makes it even weirder that prices are so low.

Outlander Systems
06-11-16, 08:15
My only thoughts are that production has been ramped up, and everyone is vying for business.

That's actually very interesting.

The number of NCIS checks in Feb 2016 is 300,000 higher than it was after Sandy Hook.

Maybe people are buying tons of stuff. Makes it even weirder that prices are so low.

Pilot1
06-11-16, 09:01
If Hillary wins look her to start with the law suits against gun manufcacturers mantra, and taxes, and further restrictions on ammo. After she gets the Supreme Court packed with far left, anti gun activists, a case will be brought before them to neuter the 2A. She won't need Congress like many think. Then guns will be expensive, because many won't be legal nor available.

Outlander Systems
06-11-16, 09:07
This. X1,000,0000

I also wouldn't be surprised if there is a limited window for current owners of semi-automatic rifles to register them with a reworked NFA, or be found in possession of an illegal title II weapon.

Dark days, homies.

ETA: Don't look for a grandfather clause, either.

If Hillary wins look her to start with the law suits against gun manufcacturers mantra, and taxes, and further restrictions on ammo. After she gets the Supreme Court packed with far left, anti gun activists, a case will be brought before them to neuter the 2A. She won't need Congress like many think. Then guns will be expensive, because many won't be legal nor available.

Moose-Knuckle
06-11-16, 16:55
Yes some people have been buying; they see things like Ferguson, Baltimore, the anti-Trump riots and the San Jose police sitting on their asses, #BLM militants, flood of Syrians and others from the muslim world, Mexican narcos, etc.

Jwknutson17
06-11-16, 17:17
I have bought so much stuff in the last 6 months I don't even want to total it up. With the prices so low, even if it doesn't hit the fan, I could always get my money back out of it. Bought 10 cases of CBC M193 on top of my normal ammo on hand. $300 a case shipped.. I just had to..

I still probably have 100 Pmags from years back I haven't even touched. Might need to stock up on Gen3's and then sell all those Gen2's here in Nov-Dec...

Straight Shooter
06-11-16, 17:18
Yes some people have been buying; they see things like Ferguson, Baltimore, the anti-Trump riots and the San Jose police sitting on their asses, #BLM militants, flood of Syrians and others from the muslim world, Mexican narcos, etc.

Just the unfit, un-healthy & un-intelligent.

Jwknutson17
06-11-16, 17:24
back in the 80s a survival instructor I knew always laughed about the guys buying uzi and guns back then and said when I want one of those will just take my hunting rifle out and get one :) hahahhaha

That is good stuff.. Funny you say that as the last panic, I bought nothing but Federal 300 win mag from my walmart at 19 bucks a box of 20. Only thing that was always available. Was cheaper then .223 was going for. It was even cheaper then brass itself at one point. I would either just punch paper with it, or download it, resize, add my own powder and bullet. Even if I couldn't reload, still shoots barley over an inch, and I can hunt really any North American big game with it.

samuse
06-11-16, 22:12
I generally purchase 9mm in bulk (10K at a time) and it's significantly cheaper than last year so I got a few extra cases for me. I haven't bought 5.56 this year yet.

Those sub-$20 Mec-Gar P226 mags pushed me over the edge. I gave my P226 mag stash a complete make-over with brand new 15 rounders.

I'm able the get Glock and g.i. AR mags for a song, so I have a few extra of those in case the market gets ripe.

jpmuscle
06-12-16, 01:04
Samuse, I need connections like that lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ex95B10
06-12-16, 05:57
I have and have had everything I need for quite some time, I went out and little by little bought everything I thought could or might be banned.
Now I just buy ammo from time to time if the price is right with no sense of panic or fear of not being able to get what I need for NOW.
If Hillary becomes our next POTUS I fear there will be other issues to worry about and a zombie apocalypse will be the least of our worries.

J-Dub
06-12-16, 06:15
Because the chicken-little-apocalypse-now-foundingfather-coalition haven't started the bank run yet.

Also, firearms produced on CNC machines can be sold for far cheaper than firearms that require hand fit/finishing. Technology has made them cheaper. But don't worry when 10% waste their vote on Gary Johnson the prices will go up.

Outlander Systems
06-12-16, 08:43
I just want to be able to go in a store and buy some freaking ammo.

I've been putting off a 10/22 purchase for going on 3 years now, because I still, to this day, have to fight the mouth breathing hoarders.

I have and have had everything I need for quite some time, I went out and little by little bought everything I thought could or might be banned.
Now I just buy ammo from time to time if the price is right with no sense of panic or fear of not being able to get what I need for NOW.
If Hillary becomes our next POTUS I fear there will be other issues to worry about and a zombie apocalypse will be the least of our worries.

sadmin
06-12-16, 08:59
Don't forget about the extra bolts. They are cheap and I made some fast cash on GB with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eurodriver
06-12-16, 09:11
The gays know how to get their agenda passed.

Maybe this will be the beginning of a new push, especially will Hillary being elected.

williejc
06-12-16, 10:52
The gun market is flooded from high output plus the infusion of many items bought during the panic. To this add all the other used guns on the market. One reason that ammo is plentiful is that 24/7 production in expanded facilities is running hard resulting in a glut.

Hillary will get revenge on gun owners by using so-called legal means at her disposal. People say that instead of more gun control, "they" need to enforce the laws already on the books. Done overzealously with great enthusiasm by those with an unlimited budget, this approach will touch many persons who thought that they were law abiding. Another tactic will be tying "the need for safety in America" to federal funds awarded to states. I used to do grant writing and believe me when I tell you that the A-Z list of federally funded projects is endless. Money talks.

Those singing tunes promising no restrictions on law abiding target shooters and sportsmen will talk about positive change. They will say that reasonable men and women who wish to own firearms will be responsible persons and then define responsible. Expect to see efforts forcing gun owners to lock up firearms separately from ammo. Do you remember when Slick Willie forced federal officers to unload their duty weapon upon returning home?

Hillary will enlist already existing organizations to assist in changing public sentiment. Some are Red Cross, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, Boy (and Girl)Scouts of America, NEA, National Council of Churches, the national offices of major religions(Methodists, etc), and a host of others. Also, I predict that she will force the military branches to preach this line of shit. You can expect to see more stumbling blocks to gun ownership placed before military personnel. State health departments also will be likely vehicles for safety approaches. And don't forget your family doctor who by no choice of his own is forced to practice corporate medicine funded mostly by Medicare and Medicaid.

She will concentrate on making gun ownership socially unacceptable--especially handguns and military style weapons. Then in her second term the big hammer will fall.

ex95B10
06-12-16, 11:30
With the mass killing of over 50 people in Orlando last night I'm sure that will drive a new round of gun control measures.

My prays go out to all the families that lost someone last night but please remember that this terrorist was only able to do what he did because he knew they would be unarmed.

Jellybean
06-12-16, 12:38
With the mass killing of over 50 people in Orlando last night I'm sure that will drive a new round of gun control measures.

My prays go out to all the families that lost someone last night but please remember that this terrorist was only able to do what he did because he knew they would be unarmed.

And you guys were saying something about guns and ammo being plentiful and cheap....:p

jpmuscle
06-12-16, 12:48
And you guys were saying something about guns and ammo being plentiful and cheap....:p
Unless POTUS comes out swinging saying he'll sign an AWB via EO it will still likely be just a blip.

Eurodriver
06-12-16, 12:52
Unless POTUS comes out swinging saying he'll sign an AWB via EO it will still likely be just a blip.

Nothing is going to happen at the state level here, and I'm not worried about anything nationally happening until January when Hillary and a Dem Congress takes over.

However, that doesn't mean prices won't rise and stay risen throughout the remainder of the year.

eightmillimeter
06-12-16, 13:00
Meanwhile, 6920's at places like G&R are selling out

Moose-Knuckle
06-12-16, 15:06
Because the chicken-little-apocalypse-now-foundingfather-coalition haven't started the bank run yet.

You're really batting a thousand lately . . .

It appears you show up in random threads and assert your aversion of our Founding Fathers while defending complete violations of the 4th Amendment.

Meanwhile, 6920's at places like G&R are selling out

That's what happens when you have a "random mass shooting" claiming more victims than any other in the same month POTUS declared as Gay Pride Month and the Sunday after Hillary was just announced at the DNC nominee.

Straight Shooter
06-12-16, 16:13
He is about to get his....he has already been warned, and told to stay completely out of one thread. If yall will start reporting him, and one or two more like I did, this shit will stop.
I guess since school is out the kiddies are bored.

ST911
06-12-16, 16:45
HANDLED. Back on track.

Firefly
06-12-16, 17:09
Here's my take:

Let's say, Clinton gets POTUS. Let's say even further, she gets the votes needed to do AWB 2.0

The absolute earliest she could get it would be 2018.

Obama is a lame duck and can EO imports, import ammo, etc.

But he can't get anything through by November.

SH was his chance and it still didn't happen.

Plus, we live in a different world.
Fat guys in the woods calling themselves a militia isn't the forefront concern.

As early as 2008, unlikely people have been actively arming themselves i. fear of "something" happening.

Well, now, a LOT is happening. We have a LOT more of combat vets under 30 as opposed to say 1992. Not discounting Gulf War vets, but the youngest 'Nam vet in 1992 would've been mid to late 30s.

I don't think as many people are wanting a farewell to arms like in 1992. The Soviet Union collapsed and there was this swords to plowshares moment.

Not now.

So even if Hillary gets it, and if she has an easy time; 2018 is the absolute earliest.

Slick Willie had it in for guns on day one and started ruminations in '93 with a lot of high profile anti-gun actions.

So....we got two years, pessimistically.

No need to panic, yet. And I'm never paying 60 dollars for a pmag or 100 for a glock mag.

Ever. That's why I'm sorta getting into milsurp. If it gets that bad, again, I'll just keep my good stuff for putting away and shoot bolt actions.

I'm sorta burned out anyways.

Alex V
06-12-16, 18:08
Well, TargetSports just raised prices on their ammo lol

Case of PMC 223 went from 309 shipped to 349. Thanks. Asshats.

Double3
06-12-16, 18:28

Ammo is moving.

The cheap Wolf Gold disappeared. Had a case sitting in my cart and thinking about buying one for a week or more. Of course I didn't buy it.

The_War_Wagon
06-12-16, 18:38
Why aren't guns expensive yet?

Rejoice, and stack it deep, if you think it still cheap. :dance3:

I saw the writing on the wall, in the run-up to the presidential election, so I stocked up that summer...

... of 1992. :cool:

Jwknutson17
06-12-16, 18:57
Ammo is moving.

The cheap Wolf Gold disappeared. Had a case sitting in my cart and thinking about buying one for a week or more. Of course I didn't buy it.

Man, your not lying. Ammo I bought yesterday is now 10 bucks a box more. Target sports had Federal 147gr HSTs for 19.99 a box. Bought a case for 400 shipped. Today, 600 shipped.

Crazy. Just crazy..

TMS951
06-12-16, 19:10
Here's my take:

Let's say, Clinton gets POTUS. Let's say even further, she gets the votes needed to do AWB 2.0

The absolute earliest she could get it would be 2018.

Obama is a lame duck and can EO imports, import ammo, etc.

But he can't get anything through by November.

SH was his chance and it still didn't happen.

Plus, we live in a different world.
Fat guys in the woods calling themselves a militia isn't the forefront concern.

As early as 2008, unlikely people have been actively arming themselves i. fear of "something" happening.

Well, now, a LOT is happening. We have a LOT more of combat vets under 30 as opposed to say 1992. Not discounting Gulf War vets, but the youngest 'Nam vet in 1992 would've been mid to late 30s.

I don't think as many people are wanting a farewell to arms like in 1992. The Soviet Union collapsed and there was this swords to plowshares moment.

Not now.

So even if Hillary gets it, and if she has an easy time; 2018 is the absolute earliest.

Slick Willie had it in for guns on day one and started ruminations in '93 with a lot of high profile anti-gun actions.

So....we got two years, pessimistically.

No need to panic, yet. And I'm never paying 60 dollars for a pmag or 100 for a glock mag.

Ever. That's why I'm sorta getting into milsurp. If it gets that bad, again, I'll just keep my good stuff for putting away and shoot bolt actions.

I'm sorta burned out anyways.

You are 100% right, 2018 is the soonest we won't be able to legally not buy these things. However prior to that, starting november 2016 things will get crazy expensive and then be out of stock. The time was yesterday.

Today I woke up and read about Orlando. I evaluated what I don't have. What I don't have is mags for guns I don't own. I considered buying a bunch of 308 Pmags, almost pulled the trigger and didn't. My most recent purchase and gun I am serious about is my Scar 17s, I have about 16 mags for it. Enough, but not enough. I went and bought another 10 mags for it today. It hit my wallet hard, they are not cheap.

Now if I buy anything it will be for things I don't have and it will be mags. Mainly SR25 pattern mags. Also if cheap ammo sticks around, which it seems it won't I'll keep buying that.

All that said the thing I wonder, and thing I'll ask you all. If Obozo couldn't get the ban through why will Hitlery? Serious question. I think as a person she is worse than Obummer, but would she actually be more effective? Again, just asking.

Eurodriver
06-12-16, 19:12
All that said the thing I wonder, and thing I'll ask you all. If Obozo couldn't get the ban through why will Hitlery? Serious question. I think as a person she is worse than Obummer, but would she actually be more effective? Again, just asking.

Because Obozo didn't have two Democratic chambers of congress beginning in January 2011.

He decided to burn up the first half of his first term's political capital on Obamacare, not guns.

Hillary will go after guns first.

nml
06-12-16, 19:24
There was much more money in healthcare. Letting insurance companies write their own bill was worth a lot in contributions/bribes.

I just bought a case for $20 more than earlier in the year but do not know how long chaos will prevail...

Arik
06-12-16, 20:54
I just want to be able to go in a store and buy some freaking ammo.

I've been putting off a 10/22 purchase for going on 3 years now, because I still, to this day, have to fight the mouth breathing hoarders.
I bought one years ago along with some ammo. Shot maybe 50 rounds and it just sits. Try as I might I have zero interest in 22lr. Absolutely none. I don't even know why I keep it around. There a small voice in the back of my head saying. ....but you might need it one day......for what I don't know the 4 bricks of ammo I bought a decade ago I still have

Outlander Systems
06-12-16, 20:57
Roger that. I wanted one for small game season, and for general dirt-shooting antics.

Three years on, still waiting to see a brick of .22 in person, before I get one.

I bought one years ago along with some ammo. Shot maybe 50 rounds and it just sits. Try as I might I have zero interest in 22lr. Absolutely none. I don't even know why I keep it around. There a small voice in the back of my head saying. ....but you might need it one day......go what I don't know the 4 bricks of ammo I bought a decade ago I still have

Arik
06-12-16, 21:00

Has anyone checked CTD?

Alex V
06-12-16, 21:38
Has anyone checked CTD?

Are they doing the $999 case of .223 again?

sevenhelmet
06-12-16, 21:47
Well ****. Here we go again.

As if terrorism and murder wasn't evil enough, we're going right back to where we were after Sandy Hook, maybe worse, with the real good guys (not to mention the U.S. Constitution) getting shafted for someone's political ****ing expediency, giving the terrorists exactly what they want. I'm getting very tired of this mambo. At least this time I planned ahead...

God rest the victims. May their deaths not be for nothing, and help make people realize the true threat of islamic extremism, rather than a mindless fear of weapons that far too many been conditioned to by the puppet theater.

Arik
06-12-16, 22:02
Are they doing the $999 case of .223 again?
Didnt check but their shit mags were still cheap so I assume ammo is as well

J-Dub
06-13-16, 06:31
You're really batting a thousand lately . . .

It appears you show up in random threads and assert your aversion of our Founding Fathers while defending complete violations of the 4th Amendment.

Oh no sir, I just have an aversion to people who use the founders to further their violent agenda(like the bundy clan...or other revolutionarys in our midst). And I'm totally pro 4th amendment (which is why im anti forfeitures). But is what I wrote note true? Consumers drive the market. Look at .22lr. Go to your nearest Walmart on the morning they get their ammo shipments in. I'm sure you'll see about 10 prepper Joe's there to buy them before they can be stocked, or jerks that are headed to a gun show to resell the ammo for a 100% mark up.

1_click_off
06-13-16, 06:57
Roger that. I wanted one for small game season, and for general dirt-shooting antics.

Three years on, still waiting to see a brick of .22 in person, before I get one.

I was in my local cabelas a week or so ago and they said they have been able to keep it on the shelf since shortly after Christmas. Had several thousands of rounds on the shelf. Even had some new players. Had the Browning black oxide bullets by bricks. Just Saturday I was in academy and they had several of the 325 round federal. The local trader site doesn't even have 22lr marked up on it anymore. I was hoping it was starting to stabilize everywhere.....

Outlander Systems
06-13-16, 07:03
It never stabilized here. The booger eaters with nothing better to do raid the stores, and clear them out every time .22 come in.

I was at Cabelas over the weekend and they had some 50-round boxes for $4.

At that price, I'll pass. ****ing stupid. It wasn't that long ago that I was getting bricks of Thunderbolt for $14 and having a big old time with my Single Six.

I was in my local cabelas a week or so ago and they said they have been able to keep it on the shelf since shortly after Christmas. Had several thousands of rounds on the shelf. Even had some new players. Had the Browning black oxide bullets by bricks. Just Saturday I was in academy and they had several of the 325 round federal. The local trader site doesn't even have 22lr marked up on it anymore. I was hoping it was starting to stabilize everywhere.....

nml
06-13-16, 10:05
I bought one years ago along with some ammo. Shot maybe 50 rounds and it just sits. Try as I might I have zero interest in 22lr. Absolutely none. I don't even know why I keep it around. There a small voice in the back of my head saying. ....but you might need it one day......for what I don't know the 4 bricks of ammo I bought a decade ago I still haveI like 22lr pistols for training new shooters.

You should sell your ammo. I have been paying 6-7 cents per round retail ...others paying more than that. You probably paid a penny a round and will definitely get your money back.

Leaveammoforme
06-13-16, 13:32
I did a quick cruise through Academy yesterday to see if there was any immediate freak out. They had 22 Mag. CCI and I believe Winchester. Plenty of 22 LR, 223, 9mm, PMAGs, etc.

Might be a delayed reaction but it all seemed normal yesterday.

C4IGrant
06-13-16, 13:36
I think prices haven't gone up (until today) because there is lots of supply and it hasn't fully sunk into the gun buying public that HRC CAN BE there next president.

Over the weekend, we got cleaned out of AR's. It is on…..

C4

Eurodriver
06-13-16, 13:39
I think prices haven't gone up (until today) because there is lots of supply and it hasn't fully sunk into the gun buying public that HRC CAN BE there next president.

C4

I was trying to get a buddy to buy one of your KMR 16" BCM Complete rifles on Saturday

"Nah, I'll wait. There's no rush. It's whatever. I'm not in a hurry..."

Now he's like :help:

I don't think this will go into a full fledged Post S/H panic, but I'm sure as hell glad I've been buying shit left and right.

C4IGrant
06-13-16, 13:45
I was trying to get a buddy to buy one of your KMR 16" BCM Complete rifles on Saturday

"Nah, I'll wait. There's no rush. It's whatever. I'm not in a hurry..."

Now he's like :help:

I don't think this will go into a full fledged Post S/H panic, but I'm sure as hell glad I've been buying shit left and right.

Depends. If Obama and HRD really start to talk about gun bans and executive orders, it will (coupled with the fact that this is the largest shooting in US History). We shall see.

C4

SteyrAUG
06-13-16, 14:26

C4

Definitely. Nothing is $3,000 yet but things are moving. All the $800 to 900 ARs have bids on them on GB. Soon as they start hammering this dead horse, the $1,500 stuff will move and then it will get absurd. If Clinton wins, it will be unprecedented.

SteyrAUG
06-13-16, 14:26

C4

Definitely. Nothing is $3,000 yet but things are moving. All the $800 to 900 ARs have bids on them on GB. Soon as they start hammering this dead horse, the $1,500 stuff will move and then it will get absurd. If Clinton wins, it will be unprecedented.

Alex V
06-13-16, 14:41
I was hoping the craziness would hold off until August. Oh well.

Firefly
06-13-16, 15:02
I have what I need but not what I want.

All I need is a Wichester 70 with an ancient Leupold and my hat on backwards like dude from the SWAT tv show.

But I still haven't gotten the perfect collection yet whereupon I can sit in my study with a pipe by fireplace, swirling brandy, and go "Pip, pip, I do say....life well spent."

Oh but if I had Bill Gates money....

ColtSeavers
06-13-16, 15:08
I bought a Crosman 1322 premier shooters bundle and plan to get 1k of 145gr fmj 9mm when my 92a1 slide shows back up from Trijicon, that count? :jester:

Actual, in person observations on Sunday were of normal affairs. I think Father's day being next weekend should also not be overlooked, as people might just be buying sooner rather than later due to the trajedy as opposed to panicking.

MountainRaven
06-13-16, 21:06
I've been keeping an eye on Lancer mags on Midway - on Saturday, Out of Stock, OK to Backorder. Today: Out of Stock, No Backorder.

And the price went up about $5.

nof555
06-13-16, 21:32
Glad I took advantage of some sales over the weekend. Got a couple cases of fiocchi 9mm from LAX for $188 per case on Saturday with free shipping. Saw the news Sunday and preemptively bought a couple more mags and some .300 blk black tip from a sale Midway was running. I was planning on going a little overboard on some purchases before the big gun scare that will be this election. Looks like I will have to be happy with what I have for a while. Glad I'm way better off than I was before SH but this is getting very old.

I've been slacking on carrying a gun everywhere I go and leaving it in my car, need to break that habit ASAP.

Turnkey11
06-13-16, 23:42
Everybody spent so much time and money during every other crisis since the 08' election that the demand isn't there anymore; everyone is already stocked.

Uprange41
06-14-16, 00:06
I still haven't laid eyes on but four boxes of .22LR since Dec. 2012... Three were at my FFL about a year after for cheaper than the same stuff was at Walmart pre-SH, the other box was at an LGS last month, and they wanted $60 for 500 rounds of CCI. I have a healthy buffer of .22LR, but I'm not shooting it unless I can replace it, or unless a new shooter needs it.

On the up side, this whole thing has shown me that I can live happily without .22 in my world.

Moose-Knuckle
06-14-16, 02:03
I've been keeping an eye on Lancer mags on Midway - on Saturday, Out of Stock, OK to Backorder. Today: Out of Stock, No Backorder.

And the price went up about $5.

The night before the attack I had put a ten pack of LR/SR Sand PMAGs in my cart at Midway along with some M118 25 rounders and thought you know I'll sleep on it. Woke up Sunday and my wife informed me about the attack over night, logged in and thankfully purchased them at the same price with the coupon I had.

Never know . . .

Moose-Knuckle
06-14-16, 02:04
Everybody spent so much time and money during every other crisis since the 08' election that the demand isn't there anymore; everyone is already stocked.

G&R has sold out of BCM lowers in 24 hours and IIRC 6920s among some others.

scooter22
06-14-16, 02:19
There are plenty of 6920s on GB at reasonable prices.

Vandal
06-14-16, 02:21
I was at my LGS today after being told for a excellent condition G21 Gen4 with 3 mags for $379. Yeah, I bought it.

More on point, there were rifles on the walls, normal capacity pistols and mags all over the place. The GM said they sold a few extra ARs today and yesterday over this time last year but nothing really worth making a point of. Most of the people there were using the range. I'll grab another rifle in the next month and keep slowly adding mags, BCGs and LPKs. If need be, I'll get a Rem 700 or two and start building.

SteyrAUG
06-14-16, 02:29
There are plenty of 6920s on GB at reasonable prices.

Yep. Thankfully this incident should clean them out in a few months and come November we can get this party started the right way.

scooter22
06-14-16, 02:54
Yep. Thankfully this incident should clean them out in a few months and come November we can get this party started the right way.

Not exactly sure what that means...

Iraqgunz
06-14-16, 02:58
That would almost be funny if RSR hadn't sold over 130K PMAGs in 36 hours.

misfit47
06-14-16, 10:00
I bought a couple more lpk and am picking up a couple lowers today. Not panicking, but have a couple uppers in need of a home.

WickedWillis
06-14-16, 11:23
I am good on magazines. I learned my lesson after Sandy Hook there, but I am still a few thousand off on the ammo stockpile I want before November.

SteyrAUG
06-14-16, 15:45
Not exactly sure what that means...

Watching people pay $5,000 for regular AKs and ARs.

Koshinn
06-14-16, 16:12
That would almost be funny if RSR hadn't sold over 130K PMAGs in 36 hours.

That just happened?

TMS951
06-14-16, 16:12
7$ D&H mags are gone from PSA.

They list them as out of stock, though I feel they often do that with products like mags and guns during early panic times, though they are still in stock and them reintroduce them for way more when the panic really ramps up. I'd expect to see them soon for 18.99$ or something like that.

I bought a 70$ blem lower from them monday. It was listed straight up as 69.95$ then, today its listed as on sale for 69.95$ with a normal price of 119.99$. I promise by the end of the week they'll be 119.99$. Pretty standard PSA shenanigans.

misfit47
06-14-16, 17:22
Got a couple lower kits ordered, picked up a couple lowers locally. Also ordered 1k 556 and 1k 9mm. Should keep me set given I don't shoot much due to schedule. Hopefully it'll free up soon.

scooter22
06-14-16, 18:23
Watching people pay $5,000 for regular AKs and ARs.

Haha ok thought so

Double3
06-14-16, 19:52
That just happened?

Yes it did.