PDA

View Full Version : Now that Ko-Tonics are unavailable...

RAM Engineer
08-28-08, 20:31
What are the best quality options in 6.8 guns/uppers now that Ko-Tonics/Cardinal is no longer shipping uppers? I'd really like to get into the 6.8 game, but I guess Dr. Robert's recommendation of Ko-Tonics is now OBE.

I'm looking for something with the correct "improved" SAAMI chamber and a chrome bore. The Barrett Rec7 looks good to me, but I hate the ARMS SIR and I haven't heard of anyone's experience with the gun.

Anyone make a 6.8 AK? :D

Cohibra45
08-28-08, 20:54
What are the best quality options in 6.8 guns/uppers now that Ko-Tonics/Cardinal is no longer shipping uppers? I'd really like to get into the 6.8 game, but I guess Dr. Robert's recommendation of Ko-Tonics is now OBE.

I'm looking for something with the correct "improved" SAAMI chamber and a chrome bore. The Barrett Rec7 looks good to me, but I hate the ARMS SIR and I haven't heard of anyone's experience with the gun.

Anyone make a 6.8 AK? :D

Have you visited 68forums.com and asked this question there?

http://www.68forums.com/

Take care,

Kelly

RAM Engineer
08-28-08, 21:34
Thanks for the link. Looks like I've got another forum to read up on.

Cohibra45
08-29-08, 05:43
Thanks for the link. Looks like I've got another forum to read up on.

Your welcome. That is by far the most comprehensive information forum on the 6.8 SPC by far. The best part is the people that frequent that forum help each other without all the bashing or bad mouthing, looking down, ect. of others. It is one of the finest forums just to visit and talk with like minded people.

Kelly

Littlelebowski
08-29-08, 07:39
Why aren't they shipping any more?

300LW
08-29-08, 11:37
Why aren't they shipping any more?

http://www.68forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3170

CardinalArmory wrote:
In the past two weeks I have become aware of (yet another) problem with the barrels that have been shipping for the past year.

Art K of Silver State confirmed with calibrated ammo fired through one of our latest barrels that excess pressure is still being exhibited, even when the chambers have been reamed and polished. Velocities from test ammo were over 100 feet/sec lower than expected.

About a year ago I switched chrome companies. I made that change, trusting the advice of a company who has since then shown themselves to be severely challenged morally and ethically, but it was my decision to change and now the "chickens have come home to roost." Every problem that we have experienced has been due to this change. Chambers had excess chrome, and it took a while to work out a fix for this problem. Now it is virtually certain that the bores also have excess chrome. Over the weekend I ran lead slugs through barrels and found that the bores were as much as 0.0007 undersized. Excess chrome in the bore cannot be fixed. I know, I tried.

I am considering legal action against the company that has been doing the chrome for our barrels, because of the damage that has been done.

I have already contacted a company who is making air gage plugs to be able to air gage the bores of our barrels, and I have contacted the company that did our chrome at the beginning and informed them that all our barrels will be coing back to them.

Until we have barrels that have been air-gaged, I can no longer guarantee that the Cardinal Armory barrel you have will handle combat loads reliably. It will be at LEAST two montch before we have air gage equipment in-place.

I am going to lay it on the line with you. This is a serious problem. It is serious not from a technical aspect but from a business aspect.

I have made every effort to supply the best quality product that I could, at a reasonable price. What will happen to my company as a result of this remains to be seen.

- Tim